CaptWalker

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,214
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Days Won:  0

It is not against the Bible to own a servant. It is against the Bible and the law to mistreat them.

It is also not against the Constitution to own a servant. It is against the Constitution to mistreat them. 

Edited by believeinHim

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

On 2/10/2024 at 8:07 PM, CaptWalker said:

am asking about this primarily due to a family member who whole-heartedly backs the Confederacy and there cause during the war, and has shown me very old clippings and/or articles from that time period about Negro/African Americans who supported and even fought on the Confederate side

You need to challenge him to say where these articles came from and to submit them to historians.

The result of my search is :-https://www.battlefields.org/learn/articles/black-confederates-truth-and-legend

and this site repeatedly states there are no records of confederate black units, no letters or after the war books, articles that mention confederate black units or serving with or along side such units.

It does show an altered picture of a black militia with US officers altered to be a confederate unit.

the Web site has records of 7 accou ts where a few armed blacks were encountered. 

Without more information, sources this is highly unlikely  to have happed

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  440
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

Thanks for that info and it's pretty much what i expected was the case. But unfortunately most people such as my stepdad will NOT listen to or acknowledge any kind of evidence or logic that in any way is contrary to what they are convinced of. He has provided some evidence but that can't be corroborated or proven legit, other than a few maybe? But for some people all it takes are a few isolated instances of something and they will use it to promote their own infallible ideals or ways of thinking such as this. Some people simply will NEVER change, period.   

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.86

I'm no historian either, but I seriously doubt there would have been very many slaves defending slavery.  Slavery is nothing to be proud of, but the sad thing is that it was history, gone, decided, settled, and over... until wokery.