• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

Just now, Starise said:

If I don't know people and just meet them it's that way here too. I hear so often that Scandanavia is always happy non christians, but that makes no sense. Nations of people going to hell all happy about it? I dunno. 

What I seen here were cliques where if you were not a believer and became one they cut on you. 

I have not encountered these cliques here. Yeah that happiest country stuff is nonsense. We were once the happiest country. Everyone is happy when you don't have to work too hard and have money enough and a house.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,080
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

Just now, Renskedejonge said:

I have not encountered these cliques here. Yeah that happiest country stuff is nonsense. We were once the happiest country. Everyone is happy when you don't have to work too hard and have money enough and a house.

The message I am getting, especially from Sweden and Switzerland is we are all happy atheists. Of course that came from an atheist.

Not sure about where you are. It seems high taxes make things available, but the salaries are less. Switzerland pays 50% in taxes.

• Group:  Diamond Member

5 minutes ago, Starise said:

The message I am getting, especially from Sweden and Switzerland is we are all happy atheists. Of course that came from an atheist.

Not sure about where you are. It seems high taxes make things available, but the salaries are less. Switzerland pays 50% in taxes.

The Netherlands. Now that there are way less affordable houses we are not the happiest country anymore. It's not fun to be homeless or when people in their 20's and 30s have to keep living with their parents.

So many young people have problems. There's no secular help, waiting lists for years, while they could easily have been helped in church but nobody knows. Lots of youth coming to Christ here now in at least one good church I know of though.

Edited by Renskedejonge
  • Praying! 1

1 minute ago, Renskedejonge said:

The Netherlands. Now that there are way less affordable houses we are not the happiest country anymore. It's not fun to be homeless or when people in their 20's and 30s have to keep living with their parents.

So many young people have problems. There's no secular help, waiting lists for years, while they could easily have been helped in church but nobody knows. Lots of youth coming to Christ here now in at least one good church I know of though.

Housing is crazy here now too . They want us all in housing communities.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Starise said:

It's everywhere, except in Spain and Italy. There you can buy a house for a euro. There just are no jobs there. Looks like they have done it on purpose. They can't fool me that all these governments were like: oh oops how could I forget? We need more normal houses. The rich just buy what they want. It doesn't bother them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

5 minutes ago, Renskedejonge said:

@Renskedejonge I think that decades back The Netherlands was one of the countries which had a huge drift to the city (Randstad, etc.) from the country, in a comparatively short space of time, making housing to be at a premium. (If I'm not mistaken.)

1 minute ago, farouk said:

@Renskedejonge I think that decades back The Netherlands was one of the countries which had a huge drift to the city (Randstad, etc.) from the country, in a comparatively short space of time, making housing to be at a premium. (If I'm not mistaken.)

Yes but we were always social. There was always a lot of social housing, they just built loads of cheap small houses for the working class after the war. But they wanted more right parties, the rich ones started to buy houses to rent them and make money of others, which they now try to stop again. It's small. People get kids. Loads of people divorce and need 2 houses and then they blame it all on the immigrants. Meanwhile there are loads and loads of fantastic cheap houses you may not live in because they're holiday houses. One guy was helping Polish people who come here to work. He has parks. He sells cheap caravans to them and to divorced people, anyone, but now the govt says that is forbidden. What do they care. They have a big fatzo house.

3 minutes ago, Renskedejonge said:

Loads of people divorce and need 2 houses and then they blame it all on the immigrants.

@Renskedejonge Ironic, right?

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Starise said:

I do think geography has a lot to do with it. With internet-based work, sometimes isolated accommodations that is less expensive can be an option.

Just now, farouk said:

I do think geography has a lot to do with it. With internet-based work, sometimes isolated accommodations that is less expensive can be an 

Can a believer be happy in that situation? I think so.

I’m a private sort of person so I like distance between my neighbors. In the future it may not be an option. I would learn to be ok with it if I was forced. 
There are some advantages to living in a community.Rural or spread out was always my choice. 

Paul said he has learned to be content. A roof over my head is good. Heat in winter is good. 

• Thumbs Up 1