Is it Fun Living Godless?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,081
  • Content Per Day:  9.75
  • Days Won:  149

Many seem to see living as non believers more fun than living as a believer. 

Thoughts?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.92
  • Days Won:  1

We either follow God or we defy him, there is no in between.

Living a "Godless" life is living a life in defiance of him.

Is that life enjoyable? I think we both know the answer here.

It can be very enjoyable until everything catches up to you and one begins to realize how empty it all is.

I have this picture in my mind I imagine unbelievers  seeing living for God as strict and lacking fun. We are no longer allowed to do what we want to do. How do you see that? How has your life changed since becoming a believer and how is it contrasted to the unbeliever life?

What 'fun' did you give up, and if so what did you replace it with?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.92
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, Starise said:

How has your life changed since becoming a believer and how is it contrasted to the unbeliever life?

From one of fear driven desperation full of strife and anger to one of peace filled  fulfillment and acceptance.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,092
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

I did not give up 'fun'. I always hated that kind of fun. Disco's were horrendous. My dad forced me to go to the disco to be sociable. I hated it. So as soon as I found God I found fun. They had teen services and we'd go do fun stuff like shooting with a bow. I don't think that that is the reason people don't believe. You just do or don't believe that He exists. A christian who becomes an ex christian for such reasons, that's something else.

Edited by Renskedejonge

One thing I seen was the superficiality of unbelivers and the things they would say about anyone who wasn't going their way.

It's like we are your friends unless you do something we disapprove of and then we won't hesitate to stick you in the back. If you were in that crowd and went to church they would say all kinds of things about those people. On no, look they are going with those religious nut jobs. Meanwhile their lives were empty and superficial. Maybe they were inwardly jealous that some had found peace and were not dependent on their approval and could still be plenty happy.

Real Christian friends are real, but there are fakes placed there too.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.62

1 hour ago, Starise said:

Many seem to see living as non believers more fun than living as a believer. 

Thoughts?

I agree with you. No one can deny that living as an unbeliever can be more fun. Living for God is the most difficult thing a person can do in their life. The Christian Life is certainly not a cakewalk, it takes a lot of discipline, faith, and selflessness. However we must keep in mind that this is not for nothing. We have rewards waiting for us in the next life that will make Kings in this world look like paupers. We strive for rewards that will never perish. It may look like unbelievers have much more fun in this life, but that Joy will cost them dearly in the next.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

I agree with you. No one can deny that living as an unbeliever can be more fun. Living for God is the most difficult thing a person can do in their life. The Christian Life is certainly not a cakewalk, it takes a lot of discipline, faith, and selflessness. However we must keep in mind that this is not for nothing. We have rewards waiting for us in the next life that will make Kings in this world look like paupers. We strive for rewards that will never perish. It may look like unbelievers have much more fun in this life, but that Joy will cost them dearly in the next.

Psalms 34:19-20

19 The righteous person may have many troubles,
    but the Lord delivers him from them all;
20 he protects all his bones,
    not one of them will be broken.

Would it be more fun if you knew what you were trading it for? They get sick and loose family members, so I don't see any special protection over them do you?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,092
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

3 hours ago, Starise said:

One thing I seen was the superficiality of unbelivers and the things they would say about anyone who wasn't going their way.

It's like we are your friends unless you do something we disapprove of and then we won't hesitate to stick you in the back. If you were in that crowd and went to church they would say all kinds of things about those people. On no, look they are going with those religious nut jobs. Meanwhile their lives were empty and superficial. Maybe they were inwardly jealous that some had found peace and were not dependent on their approval and could still be plenty happy.

Real Christian friends are real, but there are fakes placed there too.

Guess you didn't meet the best ones then. In my country the majority is not christian and they're mostly just normal friendly people.

11 minutes ago, Renskedejonge said:

Guess you didn't meet the best ones then. In my country the majority is not christian and they're mostly just normal friendly people.

If I don't know people and just meet them it's that way here too. I hear so often that Scandanavia is always happy non christians, but that makes no sense. Nations of people going to hell all happy about it? I dunno. 

What I seen here were cliques where if you were not a believer and became one they cut on you.