IGNORED

Are we saved? Being saved? Will be saved? Yes.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  176
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

Reminders – What we received, have now, and will receive then.

When someone becomes a Christian, a whole host of things happen in an instant. A change of mind and direction occurs (called repentance.) The payment for sins at the cross takes on new significance, as we understand that now our sins are forgiven, and we have been cleansed from all unrighteousness.  Control and authority of self is given to the Lord Jesus. The Holy Spirit takes up residence in our bodies. Gifts and ministries are received. Our spirit becomes alive for the first time, and we are made brand new creatures. We are now members of one another as God unites us and baptizes us into the universal Body of Christ. Most importantly, these changes took place by an act of God, not by something we did. We are declared by God to be justified, that is, to be declared perfectly righteous, because we believed the Gospel.

This act of God called salvation comes by faith, not by good works. The law, (which we were never able to keep,) was replaced by Jesus, the Living Word of God, administered and empowered by the Holy Spirit. We are now able to continue to believe and obey the things that He tells us to do. Salvation isn’t something you receive one time like a get out of jail free card, to be taken out and presented when you die and go to see St. Peter at the pearly gates. Salvation for eternal life does come in an instant and lasts forever, but unlike a one-time ticket, it is also a process (called sanctification) which is God working in us to make us more like Jesus on a day-to-day basis. Thus, we’re told that we are “…created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them.” Ephesians 2:10 and to “…work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.” Philippians 2:12 Some would tell us that we must work for and sustain our salvation lest we stumble into hell. But the whole of Scripture assures us that it is God who keeps us safe until the end, as we’re told in Philippians 1:6, “Being confident of this very thing, that he which has begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.”

Final Thoughts: Christianity is the only religion in the world by which to be a member you must believe in what God has done for you; not believe you must do something for Him. When Jesus uttered His last words on the cross, It is finished. John 19:30 the work FOR salvation was complete. Today, God continues to do the work OF salvation both in us and through us. This will sometimes look like miracles of healing and deliverance. At other times it will look like suffering and tribulation. Whichever way it looks in your life right now, God will continue to conform us to the image of His Son. Romans 8:29 When all is done, we will receive a glorious reward and inheritance, “…reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.” 1 Peter 1:4-5        ph

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,264
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/1/2024 at 1:57 PM, PATrobas said:

When Jesus uttered His last words on the cross, It is finished. John 19:30 the work FOR salvation was complete.

I could lose my salvation. If it depended on me. Praise God, it doesn't depend on me.

"Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord,
nor of me his prisoner, but share in suffering for the gospel by the power of God,

who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace,
which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began,

and which now has been manifested through the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus,
who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel,
for which I was appointed a preacher and apostle and teacher,

For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed:
for I know whom I have believed,

and am persuaded that
"he is able" to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day"   
2 Timothy

He, Jesus, is able.  Yes!

Thanks Pat...

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1