• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, Starise said:

I don't disrespect hermeneutics. If everything were defnitive we would have no need for discussion even amongst biblically educated persons. If we could unbox biblical study and take it away from bias it would be far more productive.

It becomes your hermeneutic and my hermeneutic. 

One more thought- if this you claim is true how is it The Perfect Being God will judge all men accordingly?
John 12:48 (KJV)

[48] He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

54 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

One more thought- if this you claim is true how is it The Perfect Being God will judge all men accordingly?
John 12:48 (KJV)

[48] He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

It's 'us' in the equation that causes these things IMO. We were talking about biblical interpretations and not the perfection of God.

God is perfect. Men have a long way to go.

Most Christians agree on the basic core doctrines meaning we never reject Jesus as the Son of God.

We don't have access to perfect knowledge and are often in some subjects on a need to know basis. One day we will know as we are known.

Cessation, OSAS, end times, all of that are often hotly debated.

If we study we will be approved as 2 Timothy teaches. We are at different stages of  development. There is a difference between a sincere effort to know the truth and an effort to cover over a thing we hold as a prize we won't let go of because that was our training. I was dogmatic on a lot of things I have changed my mind on. Wisdom does not argue these things. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  174
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Starise said:

It's 'us' in the equation that causes these things IMO. We were talking about biblical interpretations and not the perfection of God.

God is perfect. Men have a long way to go.

Most Christians agree on the basic core doctrines meaning we never reject Jesus as the Son of God.

We don't have access to perfect knowledge and are often in some subjects on a need to know basis. One day we will know as we are known.

Cessation, OSAS, end times, all of that are often hotly debated.

If we study we will be approved as 2 Timothy teaches. We are at different stages of  development. There is a difference between a sincere effort to know the truth and an effort to cover over a thing we hold as a prize we won't let go of because that was our training. I was dogmatic on a lot of things I have changed my mind on. Wisdom does not argue these things. 

Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth. And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know. 1 Cor.8:1-2

But

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Tim.3:16-17

So, if we lack understanding of God, it must come from God, because "...He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him." Heb. 11:6 But we must wait for the HS to reveal what we seek.

"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual." 1 Cor.2:9-13

Waiting is something hard for us to do and it is line upon line, here a little there a little.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

you misunderstood what I what trying to relate... God as perfect- judges us according to His Word thus there must be responsibility on our part to be able to arrive as such to an understanding of that Word... 

12 hours ago, enoob57 said:

you misunderstood what I what trying to relate... God as perfect- judges us according to His Word thus there must be responsibility on our part to be able to arrive as such to an understanding of that Word... 

I agree, however we may never know what kind of fish swallowed Jonah or what fruit Eve ate in the garden. 

On some subjects I see the bible like a big puzzle and all the pieces are dumped on a table ready to be assembled. Most of the puzzle can be assembled. Basic message is not complex. Sometimes we think a piece fits until we try it and it doesn't. Sometimes we want a piece to fit and it doesn't. Other times it fits but others say it doesn't.

I'll get me coat now.

@enoob57

If you have specifics we can make another thread to discuss it. The outcome might not change.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  174
  • Content Per Day:  0.49

14 hours ago, enoob57 said:

And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead. Acts 10:42

Jesus being the Word will judge righteously. I believe according to the measure of faith to which we have received. (Rom. 12:3, 2 Cor. 8:12 For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not.) The later speaking of giving but I think the principle applies to knowledge/understanding of His Word.

We mustn't beat ourselves up for what we don't know but continue to seek Him, not so much about Him (although both walk hand in hand.)

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, PATrobas said:

And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead. Acts 10:42

Jesus being the Word will judge righteously. I believe according to the measure of faith to which we have received. (Rom. 12:3, 2 Cor. 8:12 For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not.) The later speaking of giving but I think the principle applies to knowledge/understanding of His Word.

We mustn't beat ourselves up for what we don't know but continue to seek Him, not so much about Him (although both walk hand in hand.)

The greater the care the less we will respond in quickness - James 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

On 3/12/2024 at 10:43 AM, NConly said:

I would not say I am skeptical as you must think I am.

Here is one subject I do not see being confusing to people but many are confused.

I am of the opinion the Law was given to Israel period.

The whole law was to be followed not parts of it.

I do not see any verse saying Gentiles/Christians must follow the whole old law or part of the old law.

Yet many mix old and new law.

On the other hand you take the Rapture.

There are roughly about 7-10 verses for each interpretation PreTrib, MidTrib, and PostTrib. So I see how someone could believe in any one of the three. Verses back all three.

I as I said I do not see verses about the Old law still in use I see the opposite.

@NConly A passage that many overlook is Hebrews 7, where it says that the law was changed (7.12) and what we now have is better than the law (7.19).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.81

1 hour ago, farouk said:

@NConly A passage that many overlook is Hebrews 7, where it says that the law was changed (7.12) and what we now have is better than the law (7.19).

There are a couple dozen verses that say the old law is done away with , not used , abolished. There are verses that state one must follow the whole law not a part they want to follow. And yet we have people saying they follow NC and the old law mixed.

I can not grasp how people want to mix the old and new law when I see not one verse that says to mix them and not one verse that says pick the part of the old law you want to follow no need to follow whole law anymore. just saying