• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  3,427
  • Content Per Day:  6.24
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

We were having a discussion on another current thread about how the holy God can live in defiled creatures like us.  It then occurred to me (and this is inline with my quest to define the Christian life as simply as possible) that the Christian life comes down to just these THREE* things

1) His Redemption   Christ's redemption was 100% complete - He terminated old Adam's race (our old man) and made us righteous

2) His Supply   He now, as the Spirit, comes to live in us to supply our every need

*3) Faith in both these items He's given us!

Lord Jesus You are amazing!  Help us to always be so simple and just turn to You --> rest in your work, take everything to You and let Your life live in us and supply us!!!

* Undated to add "faith"

• Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  4.74
  • Days Won:  1

John 14:30-31

I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no claim on me, but I do as the Father has commanded me, so that the world may know that I love the Father. Rise, let us go from here.

Looking at world events and it sure seems like the ruler of this world is tightening the screws upon all of his minions doing his bidding. Believers best be giving thought about what the future holds for mankind with the trajectory the world powers are traversing. Draw close to God and He will draw near to you. Get your spiritual house in order, especially if you are of military age.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

the Christian life comes down to just these two things

1) His Redemption   Christ's redemption was 100% complete - He terminated old Adam's race (our old man) and made us righteous

2) His Supply   He now, as the Spirit, comes to live in us to supply our every need

It occurs to me that one other item needs to be included to what the Christian life comes down to, and that is faith (and I added that to the title and OP).  The two things above are both gifts to us, but these gifts must be accepted by faith.  We must believe & trust that He is providing complete redemption and the full supply to us, and let those facts take root and operate in us!

• Vine Abider changed the title to Simplicity in Christ: Faith in His Redemption & His Supply

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  4.74
  • Days Won:  1

A bit muddled for me. Isn't the faith of Jesus dwelling in the individual a gift that enables saving faith?

21 hours ago, D. Adrien said:

A bit muddled for me. Isn't the faith of Jesus dwelling in the individual a gift that enables saving faith?

We still have to exercise/use that faith.  So yes, even that is given to us, but as in every gift we're given, we still have to receive and use it.

• Thanks 1