• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,449
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

This morning we had a celebration and a really good message on Resurrection Life coming to us.  A brother spoke about the significance of the resurrection, showed a diagram on the board (see below) and shared many verses regarding this most crucial subject.  He also shared about how the One, Who is Resurrection Life itself ("I Am the Resurrection and the Life!"), made Himself available to mankind to send His life-giving Spirit right into us - we're in Christ & He's in us, bringing this amazing life and power right into us to be our very life (and to transform us into His image)!

Through this sharing I got some light - resurrection is only needed because of death.  Through Adam, corruption and death entered and misery, pain and death becomes the back drop of our whole existence.  Then to rescue and recover man, the Son of Man came and lived a perfect life, completely obedient to the Father, and died the death of a man.  But because of His perfection, God accepts His sacrifice and raises Him from the dead to die no more.  His was complete victory over sin and death!

And now, as a result, the Last Adam became a life-giving Spirit (1 Cor 15:45), so that all He is in resurrection can be imputed into our very being: "That which is born of Spirit is spirit" and "He that is joined to the Lord is one Spirit with Him."  (John 3:6  & 1 Cor 6:17)

And how is resurrection life experienced?  In death!  The sharing brother read several verses about believers experiencing death and being "killed all day long . . . sheep lead to the slaughter" etc.  And this is specifically where some light came to me - we experience all kinds of tribulations, sufferings and death, but whyIn God's loving plan for His children, it is so resurrection life can spring forth in us through those situations, and prove that His life source in us is more than sufficient to meet our every need!

I'm still digesting this, but one thing I can say is HALLELUJAH!  :yeah:

Resurrection Life.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

In rereading the above post, it seems real obvious to me that resurrection is only needed where there is death, but I have to say my apprehension of this fact yesterday was more real.  That is, before I had more of a mental comprehension about it, but getting some new light made it fresh!

The main seeing to me was that whenever death comes to us in the form of sufferings or trials or our old life needing to be crossed out, it is to produce resurrection life in us (which is just Christ).

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,974
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

5 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

In rereading the above post, it seems real obvious to me that resurrection is only needed where there is death, but I have to say my apprehension of this fact yesterday was more real.  That is, before I had more of a mental comprehension about it, but getting some new light made it fresh!

The main seeing to me was that whenever death comes to us in the form of sufferings or trials or our old life needing to be crossed out, it is to produce resurrection life in us (which is just Christ).

Yeah, stuff gets fluffed up, so to speak. We could talk about THE VALLEY! The one in Psalm 23.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Yeah, stuff gets fluffed up, so to speak. We could talk about THE VALLEY! The one in Psalm 23.

Yes the "shadow of death" . . . yet our portion is: "He makes me to lie down in green pastures" and "He restores my soul!"  That is resurrection life!

• Interesting! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,974
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

18 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

Yes the "shadow of death" . . . yet our portion is: "He makes me to lie down in green pastures" and "He restores my soul!"  That is resurrection life!

Yes, the imagery has both temporal and eternal applications.

• Praise God! 1