• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

STUDY -- PRAY  AND  ASK  --  WAIT

PROVERBS 15:28  the heart of the righteous studieth to answer  ---  but the mouth of the wicked poureth out evil things

PROVERBS 2:1  MY  son if thou wilt receive --MY  WORDS-- and hide  MY  commandments with thee 

--2:2-- so that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom and apply thine heart unto understanding 

--2:3--  yea if thou criest after knowledge and liftest up thy voice for understanding 

--2:4--   IF  thou seekest her as silver and searchest for her as hid treasures 

--2:5-- then shalt thou understand the fear of  THE  LORD  and find the knowledge of  GOD 

--2:6--  for  THE  LORD  giveth wisdom out of  HIS  mouth cometh knowledge and understanding 

2 PETER 1:3  according as  HIS  divine power --HATH  GIVEN-- unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness  --through the knowledge of  HIM  that hath called us to glory and virtue--

1 JOHN 5:14  AND  THIS  IS  THE  CONFIDENCE  THAT  WE  HAVE  IN  HIM  THAT  IF  WE  ASK  ACCORDING  TO  HIS  WILL  HE  HEARETH  US 

PSALM 101:3  I will set no wicked things before mine eyes I hate the work of them that turn aside --it shall not cleave to me--

PROVERBS 22:20  have not I written unto thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge

--22:21--  that I might make thee know --the certainty of the words of truth-- that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee

PSALM 27:14  wait on  THE  LORD  be of good courage and  HE  shall strengthen thine heart wait I say on  THE  LORD 

PROVERBS 24:1  be not thou envious against evil men neither desire to be with them 

--24:2-- for their heart studieth destruction and their lips talk of mischief

--24:3-- through wisdom is an house builded and by understanding it is established 

--24:4--  and by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches

--24:5--  a wise man is strong yea a man of knowledge increaseth strength

--24:6--  for by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war and in a multitude of counsellors there is safety

PSALM 119:24  THY  TESTIMONIES  ALSO  ARE  MY  DELIGHT  AND  MY  COUNSELLORS 

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,570
  • Content Per Day:  12.12
  • Days Won:  31

On 4/20/2024 at 9:06 PM, NConly said:

The commandments that Jesus spoke while on earth are what he meant when He said keep (MY) commandments AS I Kept My Fathers commandments (old law). imo John 15:10 says

10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Matt 15:4

Matt 19: 18-19

Matt 22: 37-40

Matt 28: 18-20

Mark 10: 18-19

Mark 12: 29-31

John 13: 34

John 14: 15

John 15:12

Rom 13: 8-9

Colos 3: 5-6

Gal 5: 18-23

11Tim 2: 22

1 Pet 4: 8

@NConly Paul to the Romans speaks of 'the obedience of faith' and 'obedience to the faith'.

It's not a meritorious thing; works follow faith, as James says.  I know you would believe this.

• Thumbs Up 1