• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

Greetings Koneckey,

16 hours ago, Koneckey said:

I believe that we are in the end of the age where Yahshua is building up his body in the full stature of Christ the head himself.

I agree that we are in the “end of the age”…and it is interesting that you connect that with the Lord building up His Body into the “full stature” of who He Himself is…Paul wrote this…“a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.” That is a “Truth” that not many people grasp…I would say. That leaves one in perpetual spiritual immaturity…where in their minds…they believe that "mere tenure"…equals growing up in maturity into the Head. That's how they do it in church I have seen that.

There are a fair amount of those in “oversight” here on “worthy” who are responding to you…I am sure we will get some “mature” insight from them. I’ll take a crack at your request here as well…

Paul also explained that we have these good works that we should walk in that God created beforehand.

That’s true…in Ephesians 2 he states as you did…”We are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.” We are predestined in Christ from before the foundations of creation…awesome…that speaks to our eternal nature in the Spirit.

Additionally in 1st Corinthians 12:18 Paul wrote…”God has placed the members, each one of them, in the body, just as He desired”…think about that…”placed each one of them…in the body…just as He desired.Speaks to intimacy really…and individuality uniqueness or even peculiarity. Now when you add that He called us “beforehand” one can feel the eternal Love of the Father…talk about destiny.

Tatwo...:)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member

As I stated that I am working on being raised up in my call and destiny in my father’s house.

Nice…thanks for sharing…I am sure others will ask this also…”what is your call and destiny in your Father’s house?”

• Thumbs Up 1

I would ask a question how this going for you? What is your call? What is your destiny?

Friend...that is a large request really…altogether too big for right now…

I feel like it is going well Koneckey…thanks for asking…I take that opinion from my Lord, family and friends.

My call…? It’s been a “process” I see as happening something like this…my first “call” is to be “reconciled to God” and become a “son of God” by being called out of the kingdom of darkness and in obedience to His Word I was “born again of the water and Spirit.”  Abba Father...I liken that to being “saved or rescued”…and then being placed in the Body of Christ…or temple/house of God. It is here that I find my purpose or as you asked “call.”

That’s “salvation” as I define it…”changing fathers”…as I say from time to time…saved from the condemnation of the dragon and the wages of sin. It is an excellent experience afforded me and each of His sons…made available by the "Royal Priest" Himself.

At that point I was a spiritual “infant”…you know excitedly bouncing around in the Kingdom of God in a state of “new birth excitement.” I have grown substantially in my spiritual maturity along the lines of what I have said prior…and have gained an even greater excitement...typically tempered with a deeper grace.

Over time I “grew” a bit in the excitement of my new salvation experience…which included a fantastic miraculous physical healing I might add…the Lord grabbed my attention and began to show me the initial stages of who “He sees me as”…or who “He created me to be”in Him…you know…that “eternal pre-creation intention” He has for me…the good works, which God prepared beforehand so that “I” would walk in them. I was apprehending these and beginning to learn obedience.

Think for a moment Koneckey…the scenario of the Lord at the well in Sychar…when the disciples show up asking Him if He is hungry and He says this in response…"My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to accomplish His work.” Again this speaks to the uniqueness or peculiarity of His “predestined call.”

He knows He is the only begotten of the Father…the savior of humanity…the Lamb of God…which by the way…He would be the only one…ever…with that "specific call"…He knows what He has been sent here for…and while He is on the earth He is set on doing exactly what the will of His Father was for Him…He overcame everything…unto its "utter" accomplishment and fulfillment.

He is who I see as my example you know…I am not there yet…however I am ever learning to do His will and to an increasing degree accomplishing His works...so that “I” may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

Three months after I was “born of the water and Spirit” I was headed to the prisons of Southern California where I became a prison chaplain in three prison systems…and for the next 7 years I worked with 100’s criminals guilty of every offense and endless prison staff. It was early on in this venture that I realized that the Lord Yahshua Christ was clearly “reconciling” me to His “specific divine predestined” call.

Inmates, guards, friends everyone in those 3 prison's and its environments learned of God's eternal passion for them...the manifest presence of the Holy Spirit was obvious to most. There were physical healings...souls were delivered of demonic spirits and emotions...100's of baptisms...and many son's were born unto our God in those days. There were a number of "assemblies" that came forth from that "work."

I must not neglect to mention that my wife of nearly 40 years now...was right with me in all of this and she more than held up her end of the work.

Reconciled to Him as my Father thus experiencing “salvation”…then being allowed to mature some…in my new “house with my new Father”…then being reconciled to “His personally desired will for my life” and the ever increasing illumination of how I was to accomplish these works. Salvation and then reconciliation to my call in that order…

I’ll leave it at that for now and watch to see what responses you get…this should be interesting.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/19/2024 at 11:22 PM, Sower said:

I reckon my destiny (a predetermined state or end)  is in God's hands.
"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works,
which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them”  (Ephesians 2:8-10)

Greetings Sower...

Sure…that is a definition of “destiny or end.” However Sower…the verse you quote states we are “His workmanship” doesn’t that reflect His vision…interaction…instruction…involvement desire…love…intimacy…personally in our existence? Not merely a predetermined state or end that begins and then is left to run its own course? Let me try to explain…  

Later you state…”Growing in the word, called to be a carpenter, and the call to be a help through my craft to those in some need I could fill.”

Sower…I am being somewhat ambiguous perhaps typical here if you will…general even…let’s look at the idea of “workmanship” and consider for a moment the “thing” that you as a “carpenter” may be “putting your hand or craft” to…“building/constructing”…for example…including anything you do.

At some point early on in the project “perhaps” prior to even beginning it…in your mind’s eye there is a “blue print…picture…vision…idea or concept” of some sort…that likely gives you a place to start…with some element of the end result in view…it may include some goals or objectives along the way…and perhaps some element or vision of the completed “project”…can you relate?

So there is some degree of the completed picture of the project that evolves in your mind that guides you through the unique steps of your “craft or skill set.” Where to begin…how to proceed…when to adjust…etc…you know what you are doing and trying to achieve and are driving at that in the duration of the project…and this based upon your skill set and passion…can we think of that as “workmanship?”

If you are working for a “client” who wishes to utilize your skill and craft you must connect with them as to their expectation of the outcome. Then you…as the craftsman who’s “workmanship” will determine the final result…will be tasked with providing the vision…steps…process…answers…initially verbally…and it will be based upon “your” understanding of what “you” can do…what you ultimately do and see as the final result…no?

My overstated point is this…Brother Sower…you…as the “craftsman”…will walk with your “client” step by step…closely interacting all along the journey with your “idea” of the project…focusing on what you perceive as a “shared and desired outcome” of the same.

While you are driving at that completed fulfillment…that is to become the end product of this partnership and endeavor…that will be “your workmanship.”

Bro…you know the process…a successful journey to completion is the key to a successful outcome…its via interaction…give and take, change, mistake, learning, overcoming, relationship, excellence, desire, conviction and so on.

What I am saying is…”HIS Workmanship” is like that…only “HE is the craftsman” our destiny is HIS project…and He is as involved with us…as you are with the theoretical “client” I was speaking of above.

As to my call I'd say it changes (I believe)  according to my growth in Christ.
From called to repentance/salvation, called to become a husband/father, and member of a body of believers.
Growing in the word, called to be a carpenter, and the call to be a help through my craft to those in some need I could fill.

40+ yrs ago I went on my first visitation and witnessed my first stranger accept Christ as savior and profess Jesus as Lord.
I've maintained that urgency/call to share the good news to anybody any place any time any way.

I understand you here…to some degree it shows where you are…may I ask how you feel about “specific or unique” calls, gifts and manifestations in relationship to the Body of Christ?

I am thinking about what Paul wrote concerning the subject in at least a couple of places. 1st Corinthians 12 and Ephesians 4 where he specifies the operation and differentiation in…gifts, calls, and or manifestations…that are in “direct service” to the Body of Christ.

Consider 1st Corinthians 12:4-7 for example…Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord. There are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons.  But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.

Things like…words of wisdom, knowledge…then there is faith, healing, miracles, prophecy, discerning of spirits, various tongues and interpretations…and there are more. The picture here as portrayed by Paul the apostle…is the Body of Christ being likened to a living and functioning organism…”A living Body.”

It must have been a monumental priority for Paul in his journey, teaching and work.

In Ephesians 4 he again calls out the specific “gifts” the Lord left to His Body at His ascension…apostles, prophets, evangelist, shepherds, teachers…and these are said to be “for” the Body…”our” equipping and building up until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.

Paul writes things like…”we are to no longer to be like children” and that we are to speak the truth in love…we are to grow up [spiritual maturity] in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ.

It is in this…that the Head…Yahshua…the Holy Spirit…builds or “assembles” the whole body…which is being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies…according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love. It’s a picture of the typical biological “birth to maturity” reality as I see it.

How important to the Lord might it be for each one of His children/sons to know, understand, live and grow in to a “mature man” in His…the Lords “unique and divine intention” for them? How important might that be for each one of the “sons of God” to do the same? That is the picture Paul paints here of the “Body of Christ here on the earth”…is it not?

If it has changed…where do I find the authority that has conferred this change? I can see that there has been a change…Sower you well know…huge change…by that I mean…where do you or anyone on these forums see “Paul’s version of Body” in action in your/their life? If you do/are… are you living there? I rarely if ever hear anything about that early style “church” today…why...why? I know why…none seem to care…but wasn’t that the point of the prophecy of the…“apostasy?”

• Well Said! 1

I witnessed a large lack of concern from members back then to share what scripture encourages us, to spread the gospel.
Most say they were not called to preach. Pew sitters. Comfortable. No desire to simply share their own testimony to the lost.

Exactly…well did anyone expect? No apostles, few prophets, congregations and gatherings run by “shepherds”…the “leadership team” is void the essential “gifting, callings, anointing's”…that produce the effectual manifestations of the actual person of Truth…the presence of the Holy Spirit of the living God…dwelling in His house…?

The picture you paint here Brother Sower is not that house…and there is only one reason why.

I'm no preacher for sure. But I prayed that I never get that comfortable. God answered that prayer.

My call is the same as everybody who was lost and then was saved. They heard the gospel and believed.

Yes…while that is an incontrovertible truth…we must consider that when viewed from Paul’s depiction of the…“Body…that is to mature”…the step you are referring to here…”lost to saved”…is the “initial” step…the “beginning” step…as a “new born infant” in the Father of creations house. We are not “born again” as “mature sons” any more the Yahshua Christ was born as a fully mature son.

The call to share the good news as we heard ourselves.
It came from some faithful brother/sister who took the time to talk to us about God, sin, salvation, and the freedom in Christ.

What is the “good news”…and what exactly does it mean to “share” it? If that in deed is what is happening…then it “would” produce what Paul testifies to have happened when he was doing it?

Does anyone here see anything close…today?

Why do most listen to the enemy's lies/deceptions that they can't share, embarrassed/shame. Lies. Deceptions.

I am attempting to answer that here Sower…there is little to none…qualified spiritual “fatherhood” among the church today. The church is run by orphans today…the orphans are leading it astray because they do not have a “Father” with which to identify as a “Son!”…nor do they have an access to an inheritance in their father…he is a liar.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,558
  • Content Per Day:  12.21
  • Days Won:  31

On 4/22/2024 at 11:03 AM, tatwo said:

What is the “good news”…and what exactly does it mean to “share” it? If that in deed is what is happening…then it “would” produce what Paul testifies to have happened when he was doing it?

Does anyone here see anything close…today?

I am attempting to answer that here Sower…there is little to none…qualified spiritual “fatherhood” among the church today. The church is run by orphans today…the orphans are leading it astray because they do not have a “Father” with which to identify as a “Son!”…nor do they have an access to an inheritance in their father…he is a liar.

@tatwo Matthew 28 indeed speaks of the Great Commission from the Lord Jesus to go into all the world........