DaughterofKing

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Alright...so I know I have to stop watching shows like Sex and the City...but then is there anything else that's really enjoyable and Christian? Any good TV shows or movie suggestions? I don't know, what should I be doing with my time as a Christian for fun? Is praising God really that fun? What else is there????

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

The discovery channel and the learning channel have a lot of interesting shows,.I doub that you'll find much on TV that is actually godly, but there is lots that is religiously nuetral. :12:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hi,

I would then encourage u; since watching anything on tv but news is good; watch Christian channels, as in there r so many kinds of entertainments. As 4 me i think time is my problem, there arent enough hours a day 4 me 2 watch everything i want 2.

I mean there r good Christian movies some found on the tbn web site. There r enough music videos, good ones. Enough preachings 2 keep u up all day and night. There r even good books 2 read. What about evangelising 2 others, family friends. I normally send lots of e-mail 2 my family and friends and whether they would like 2 read them or not is up 2 them, just as long as u r giving them the word, God will do the rest.

Dont forget, chatting here on "worthy" is worth the time to, OR?

God bless!!!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  95

Hi,

Ten?

I had no idea!!!

Mayb then we need the spirit of disernment b4 checking out any christian channel. Am sure the Holy Spirit will reveal if what ur watching is good or not. Am sure not all is good like weve seen; we cant even trust some christian channels like "whysoblind" said; but I believe we cant just like lock ourselves up, we r in THE WORLD but thank God not OF THE WORLD. I think its ok 2 watch other channels 2 on tv, mayb we can also get some prayer points 2.

God bless!!!

Hi,

I would then encourage u; since watching anything on tv but news is good; watch Christian channels, as in there r so many kinds of entertainments. As 4 me i think time is my problem, there arent enough hours a day 4 me 2 watch everything i want 2.

I mean there r good Christian movies some found on the tbn web site. There r enough music videos, good ones. Enough preachings 2 keep u up all day and night. There r even good books 2 read. What about evangelising 2 others, family friends. I normally send lots of e-mail 2 my family and friends and whether they would like 2 read them or not is up 2 them, just as long as u r giving them the word, God will do the rest.

God bless!!!

Teh christian channels are all filled with false doctrines and vitamin commercials.

Didn't you just recommend the news and weather channels? How false does it have to be? Chipmonks are more accurate with the weather than most meteorologists. Try and sort through the bias of any news channel. :)

Hi,

God bless!!!

Teh christian channels are all filled with false doctrines and vitamin commercials.

Didn't you just recommend the news and weather channels? How false does it have to be? Chipmonks are more accurate with the weather than most meteorologists. Try and sort through the bias of any news channel. :)

My purpose for posting on this thread was not to promote anything over anything. Rather to show just how bad it is. Some people even call the television a "one eyed demon" because nearly everything on it is satanic.

It promoes sloth, amongst other things :)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

Hi,

God bless!!!

Didn't you just recommend the news and weather channels? How false does it have to be? Chipmonks are more accurate with the weather than most meteorologists. Try and sort through the bias of any news channel. :thumbsup:

My purpose for posting on this thread was not to promote anything over anything. Rather to show just how bad it is. Some people even call the television a "one eyed demon" because nearly everything on it is satanic.

You call the God Channels satanic?

Watch out, my friend.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  46

Hi,

I believe it is okay to watch telelvision. When I first became a Christian I wouldn't watch anything but Christian shows. I believe it is okay to watch television, unless it is something that goes against our morals. We do need to shield our eyes from thngs that are unGodly. I don't think we should conform to this world by any means..but I feel God does want us to enjoy it (in a healthy way). There are some shows or stations out there that are good: TLC, Discovery, History.. There may be some things that are on that network that aren't always great, but we know then to flip the channel.

I don't feel like we should look at our time on this earth has a big dread and like we are fuddy-duds for being Christians. Don't get me wrong, being on earth is not about living it up, but I feel it's not a sin to enjoy things while living here. While we are not to be of this world, we still live here. How about put-put golf? Or bowling? I enjoy biking and walking. If we get caught up in believing that there is nothing to do but sit around and twiddle our thumbs, then the devil is being successful in making us believe that being a Christian is a burden. We have something so special to show the world. We all have something so glorious to look forward to, and often times I forget that. Let's pray that we can enjoy our life, whether we are thrown good or bad circumstances..because we have something so awesome to look forward to.

Blessings to you,

Aida:)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  363
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Alright...so I know I have to stop watching shows like Sex and the City...but then is there anything else that's really enjoyable and Christian? Any good TV shows or movie suggestions? I don't know, what should I be doing with my time as a Christian for fun? Is praising God really that fun? What else is there????

I watch "TV" one hour a day. That is to catch up on the news, I like to stay informed and I don't read the newspaper.

Personally, I collect old movies & programs on DVD. I have the first five years of the I Love Lucy shows. I watch one maybe two episodes of I Love Lucy a week. I also have tons of "nature" DVD's from the BBC, Discovery & TLC. While none of these are Christian they are not nonChristian either. The I Love Lucy shows are just plain old hillarious and then the old movies like "Lured" staring Lucille Ball, was filmed in 1947. It's sold as a Thriller (maybe in those days it was a thriller) but to me it's just a murder mystery. And then I have all those nature shows. I learned a lot from watching them. It's educational and entertaining at the same time.

And you don't have to "collect" these DVD's, you can rent them from a local store, or you can try NetFlix. I think there's plenty of good wholesome stuff to rent & watch.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

What kind of things do you enjoy doing? what helps you to unwind? it's different for each of us.

For me, it's spending time with friends, walking in the woods or reading. what is it for you?

I think the key is balance. We should try to be as productive as possible.....in terms of making use of our talents to give glory to God by serving Him. But we also need time to ourselves----even Jesus went off by Himself to pray.

You might consider trying to spend some of your time in prayer, reading Scripture, attending Bible study/ worship; volunteering in a service group of some sort OR helping an elderly neighbor, etc.

Spend some time with your friends. And spend some time alone.

It takes time to get to the point where being aware of the Presence of God is an almost constant experience. And even when you get there, you need to work to stay there as the world fights for your time and attention.

You can go for a bike ride and be talking to God while you ride--------maybe praising the beauty of His creation. You could go to lunch with friends, and in the midst of the conversation be thanking God for your friends; or maybe be asking His blessing on them, etc.

See what I mean? Prayer and worship is not a "thing you do". It becomes a way of life.

But, like I said, it takes time. And, I still need to strive to maintain it, even after many years.

Hope this is a little helpful. I realize I'm rambling but I was sort of "thinking out loud" while I typed.

Peace,

Fiosh

:blink: