mrcorey

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  363
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

When you think that some people are paying a lot of money to ensure that after their death their body will be buried and preserved in ice, as they think that maybe some time in the future, science will have found a way to ressurrect a person!

I wish they were giving me that money. I wouldn't mind getting some help to pay my bills!

From what I've seen on TLC about cryonics {sp?} it is a very expensive ordeal. Also, I saw where they only freeze the head & brain. And you're right, they pay a heavy fee for the storage of their bodies. I'd like some of that money too!!!

in HIm;

corey

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Well I reckon it doesn't really matter, because as soon as you stop breathing, your spirit goes to be with the Lord anyway......and you are given a new body. One thing, I wont know anything about it, thank heavens. Getting close to my "use by" date now . Not many more haircuts :thumbsup::emot-fail:

eric.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I'm being cremated so was my best friend who was a born again spirit filled christian. God is concerned about your souls, not our bodies once were with Him it dosn't matter what happens to this body.

Please wait until after you die to be cremated ok? I kind of like having you around! :thumbsup::emot-fail:

(Sounded like you were being cremated presently!)

OK Keith, just for you I'll wait until I die, promise. :24:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  78
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Here again I have been helped by you, Keith. I have been struggling with the "ashes thing," for awhile now. When I was much younger I wanted my ashes to be scattered by the wind in the mountains also, (this was probably due to the influence of and older movie "Sunshine"). But as the years have gone by I have had many questions in my mind whether I should choose this path at the end of my earthly journey. I still don't know the answer for certain. If you would like to reveal more of why you are for it, I'll be checking in now and again.

Later on,

.......jmh137

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  340
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I have never seen anything in scripture that says that you are not to be cremated but my own personal opinion is that I would not want to be cremated. I also do not want to be embalmed. The reasons are that cremation originated from pagans and embalming originated from the Egyptians, who were also pagans and prayed to various Gods.

There are cases of cremation in the Bible, also embalming as well.

In Numbers 16:35 we see that the Lord sent fire to "consume the 250 men who burned incense".

1 Samual 31:11-13 tells how the valiant men retrieved the bodies of Saul and his 3 sons, burned them with fire, and buried them beneath the oak at Jabesh, then mourned and fasted for 7 days.

Genesis 50:1-2 tells of the death of Jacob, Joseph's grief, and then he ordered Jacob's body to be embalmed. However, later on, in the laws given to Moses from God, the Jews are warned against touching the body of a dead person, so this would, in affect, outlaw embalming since the process requires prolonged contact with the corpse.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I have never seen anything in scripture that says that you are not to be cremated but my own personal opinion is that I would not want to be cremated. I also do not want to be embalmed. The reasons are that cremation originated from pagans and embalming originated from the Egyptians, who were also pagans and prayed to various Gods.

There are cases of cremation in the Bible, also embalming as well.

In Numbers 16:35 we see that the Lord sent fire to "consume the 250 men who burned incense".

1 Samual 31:11-13 tells how the valiant men retrieved the bodies of Saul and his 3 sons, burned them with fire, and buried them beneath the oak at Jabesh, then mourned and fasted for 7 days.

Genesis 50:1-2 tells of the death of Jacob, Joseph's grief, and then he ordered Jacob's body to be embalmed. However, later on, in the laws given to Moses from God, the Jews are warned against touching the body of a dead person, so this would, in affect, outlaw embalming since the process requires prolonged contact with the corpse.

Thanks for pointing those out.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

well, your body turns to dust either way- decomposition or burning, so what's the difference? If there is an attitude of disrespect with a body, then the sin is on the person who would show the disrespect, not the dead person... my opinion.

But praise God, he will make the perishable imperishable!