• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

You just listen to what you want to listen to, and leave everyone else alone.

Same line you use for drinking and smoking and who knows what else too, right?

WSB, your posts tend to be filled with anger and bitterness. Aren't you getting tired of living with that? It's got to be exhausting. At the same time you try to help people and post with scriptures and give suggestions and strong opinions. The two don't mix. People read both. DO something about the anger and bitterness, don't just put up with it and live with it. You know what you need to do with it. It's just a matter of are you willing to give it up?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To even bring up the style of music in such a perverted depraved situation would be like straining at a knat and swallowing a camel.

He said..

Some Christians write letters to me saying: "The Bible says we shouldn't judge. Sure these leaders have stumbled, but no one is perfect. We need to forgive."

What Bible are these people reading? Mine says plainly that it is our responsibility to judge sin in the church. Of course we forgive, but forgiveness does not involve putting a preacher back on stage the next week if he just had a serious moral failure.

When the apostle Paul learned that a man was living in an immoral relationship with his father's wife, he tore into the situation with a vengeance. He said: "Are you not to judge those inside [the church]? Expel the wicked person from among you."

This blatent ignorance of scripture is part of the problem, another is allowing pastors and leaders to spoon feed this mentality without holding it up to the light of scripture. Putting man where Jesus should be is the crux of it. It's unreal what people will swallow, but the thing is it didn't just happen overnight, the poison had to be injected a little at the time before people would swallow something like what the article describes.

It's happening everywhere.

I agree with Nebula, very well said. The people who misuse scripture in this way are the ones who let their pastor read the Bible for them. They aren't getting into the Word themselves. That's why your "spoonfeeding" comment was right on!

Matthew 7:20-22 "Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them. Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?'

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

What's the solution to what the article describes?

Also, Pentecostal and Charismatic churches have launched heavily into ministry to youth in recent years. Church service became entertainment centered with the bar band sound. A solemn holiness is missing in worship. There needs to be a return to traditional music and instruments in at least one church service.

You did not post this article because you were concerned about immorality. You posted this just to make another dig at contemporary worship. We get that you don't like that music, but you don't need to try to hit us over the head about it.

Sorry, I must have made a point. Please don't take it personal.

Edited by Salt

Guest shiloh357

Also, Pentecostal and Charismatic churches have launched heavily into ministry to youth in recent years. Church service became entertainment centered with the bar band sound. A solemn holiness is missing in worship. There needs to be a return to traditional music and instruments in at least one church service.

You did not post this article because you were concerned about immorality. You posted this just to make another dig at contemporary worship. We get that you don't like that music, but you don't need to try to hit us over the head about it.

Sorry, I must have made a point.

Yeah, just that your point had nothing to do with the article you posted. You are drew a false connection between the article and your pitiful "anti-contemporary worship" campaign.

Edited by shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

You can lose that chip off your shoulder, buddy boy. I have never justified smoking or drinking.

I shouldn't have said that. Sorry Shiloh.

All is forgiven!! :blink::)

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

You can lose that chip off your shoulder, buddy boy. I have never justified smoking or drinking.

I shouldn't have said that. Sorry Shiloh.

All is forgiven!! :blink::)

You guys are great... most of the time. :)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Yeah, just that your point had nothing to do with the article you posted. You are drew a false connection between the article and your pitiful "anti-contemporary worship" campaign.

In your oppinion. Lets disscuss issues, not attack people! Please keep this BB thread friendly. Even if you don't agree with someone else's' view or experience, please keep love, wisdom, and what the Bible teaches your aim.

Edited by Salt

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

In your oppinion. Lets disscuss issues, not attack people! Please keep this BB thread friendly. Even if you don't agree with someone else's' view or experience, please keep love, wisdom, and what the Bible teaches your aim.

No one is attacking people, Salt. The article had nothing at all to do with CCM but you intend to bring that discussion about, thereby attempting to hijack the thread. If you an opinion on the article itself, please feel fee to post it but otherwise, stay off of the "reply" button.

It sounds like this thread has lost it's purpose and purpose anyway.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

It sounds like this thread has lost it's purpose and purpose anyway.

Sadly, I am afraid you are right. It is a shame when people find nothing better to do than to lead threads off of the given topic with their personal agenda.