IGNORED

Feeling hopeless

Guest mvhssoccer

Guest mvhssoccer

My names Michael and I'm 16 years old, and i've been feeling really depressed lately. I feel as if God has left me and the world has turned against me. Everyday seems to be worse than the day before (though to some this is nothing and have to go through a lot worse, but for me this is the worst its ever been in my life) and I dont know what to do. My friends who I thought i could go to, now seem to be uncaring and make fun of me day after day for some ridiculous thing and then they can always find a away to blame me for something as well. This continues because I've never been the kind of person to retaliate, but this kind of thing does get me angry, it annoys me, and it really hurts me, that they no longer really respect me, though they think its all playful. Furthermore, I can't seem to get on track with all my schoolwork. I'm taking honors classes, and before, I would be at the top of my class, and now i study for 8 hours for a test and get an F, and everyone else barely studies and gets a C. I know God is there and I know he loves me, but I feel like he's just not helping me right now, like he wants me to pay for something i might have done wrong in the past. My life just seems like its in a downspiral, I'm always stressed, I'm never happy anymore, I'm struggling, and I'm losing hope to even hang on anymore. Please, if anyone has any answer to what I should about my situation, it would be really be helpful...even any encouraging words right now would be amazing right now...i'm so far gone that anything can help.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Michael, I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling so down. It sounds like something in your life has changed recently, would I be correct in guessing that? Also, you are at an age where your hormones are probably doing the hippy hoppy dance, and that can have a serious affect on what moods you go through. How long have you been feeling like this? Did anything significant happen before you felt this way? I believe the best thing you can do is go to someone you trust, maybe an adult or a school counsellor, and just tell them what you have told us. Depression can be a very serious thing Michael, something that needs to be addressed before it gets even worse. If you can't find a trusted adult, then keep in frequent communication on this board with your brothers and sisters, or come into chat, quite often there are people there who can really talk to you about this.

Praying for you my dear brother,

Quizzy

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

We all go through this kind of thing some worse than others. You are being attacked spiritually and you need to pray against these forces. Another thing that really helps is to put on some worship music and be still with the Lord praising him.

When you pray also ask him for the favor of daniel. Read the about that in the book of daniel. One of the keys to getting out of depression is to not dwell on yourself , Pray for others , pray for your friends and ask God to trade you sorrows for his joy.

Start your day by giving it the glory of your Lord Yeshua the messiah and make the prayer statement of canceling the attacks of the enemy first thing.

These will be good weapons in your battle. Fight the good fight and pay back bad with good remembering that the Lord pays back. Worship music is a big thing to start doing right away.

• Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  812
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  06/15/1961

like he wants me to pay for something i might have done wrong in the past
Michael, God is not like that. There are of course consequences to the things we may do, but the Lord would never "make you pay" by heaping things on your head.

Psalm 27:13 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. 14 - Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the Lord!

There is hope in the land of the living!! The Lord is our strength when we have no strength, he is our hope, our refuge, our strongtower! He is always with you and he will never leave you.

I will be praying for you Michael. :emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Amen brothers.

Abbershay, that is very good advice.

Michael, you are the beloved of God. When your friends oppress you and take advantage of your meekness forgive them in your heart. Turn to the Lord Jesus.

Say "Lord Jesus, my master, I glory to suffer as you did. Give me a heart like yours...to forgive those who oppress me."

When you put so much effort into studying and you come out with grades worse than others who have not studied as much, just turn to the Lord.

Say "Lord Jesus, I give these grades to you. Let me not be affected by my grades. I'll just do all that I can and leave the rest to you. Lord, everything I do, I do in you."

Share with us, if you have time, what you feel about God. I'm praying for you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

We'll pray for you today!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hi,

I'll b prayin 4 u 2.

God bless!!!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/28/1977

Hold on Michael. You're going to pull through ok. You are already on the right track, you are seeking God and seeking a way to make things better.

Being 16 isn't easy. There are a lot of pressures at that time of life. Hormones, lack of experience, strong emotions, and that awkward not adult/not child thing, it all adds up to make things hard. I imagine it does feel like the worst thing in the world to be where you are right now.

You are not alone. Most of us have felt that way, we have all made it through. YOu will, too. It will get easier as your faith grows and you get more experience behind you. You already know that God is right there with you and will never let you down, but sometimes it helps to hear that what you are feeling is common to most people at some point.

You are going to build a strength and compassion by going through this. Someday when something worse happens, you will look back to how God pulled you through this rough time in your life. It will help you move on. Someday when your son comes home upset about something that seems minor to your adult mind, you will look back to this time of your life and be able to help him get through.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  224
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Hi! Hope you are feeling better after all these posive answers. I was wondering, have you tried talking to your teachers? They may be able to help you study more efficiently. Maybe the way that you are studying is just not working for you and perhaps there is a better way. Talk to them! It can only help and it certainly won't hurt. As for your friends, try not to take them so seriously even though what they are saying is not nice. Teenagers often feel uncomfortable in their skin and they may be feeling a little strange themselves. Teenagers say things that are cruel without thinking. Years later, they often reflect back on the way they were and wish they hadn't been that way. This may happen to your friends but don't let it happen to you! Just try to let it roll off your back like water off a duck's back. Remind yourself that God doesn't think that about you and that your friends may be feeling insecure and therefore have some sort of odd need to make someone else feel worse than they do. Anyway, instead of feeling bad, let the experience make you a stronger person. Hope all is well!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

michael,

it sounds like you are in a valley for real...both in the natural with the things you describe and also in the spiritual with how it these circumstances are affecting you...

i know cause ive been there also

the peaks will come again and your seasons will change

seems like when you are down about something or even about yourself then its like your friends seem to pick up on your weakness and capitilize on it making you feel worse...

they may see your kindness for weakness but you are not weak....but you seem to be under attack

i agree keep praying ...keep fighting ...but sometimes all you can do is stand and wait on God to change your circumstances...

when you dont know what to pray for...then just pray He order your steps and cover you in all you do and say

He understands your confusion but remember all we go thru no matter how bad or how hopeless He can turn it around for our good... and make us so much better and stronger than before...

however we as humans will still go thru our emotions of depression, anger, frustration...

you say your friends make fun of things you did...and blame you for other things

your friends are not perfect either , michael, but its easy for them to see you faults while ignoring thier own

please just be good and forgiving to yourself...dont let these circumstances and thier actions and words rob you of your self esteem....

i pray God sends you a special friend in which to confide and feel good about yourself with...this is important...sometimes its hard to fight life's battles without the help and encouragement of someone who truly cares about you...

keep posting here and relating to other christians because im sure there will be something said to bless you and help you...

try to find something to do that you truly enjoy ...something that gives you happiness even if just for a moment....dont feel you have to do what your friends like if you are not feeling it...because then you will only feel worse and they still wont give you the acceptance you crave.

God bless you

stay encouraged