ray

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  281
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

Why are some and sometimes it feels like all or most Christians are quick to be judge juror and sentececer; before showing love to a sinner?

For example; a person changes there life from a life style of drugs, drinking, or sexual pervsion, these types of sins when a parson changes from to turn there life back over to God are still condemmed by Christian who don't know that individual has been through that hurt, habit or hang-up?

Also why do fellow Christian feel the need to condeem a brother or sister for changing churches? They have not given up on the Lord. They are still worshiping and giving him glory but Christians still condeem this behavior why?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/28/1977

I don't know why, but I have noticed the same thing.

Maybe it is easier for them to see someone else's sin than to see their own. (Plank in your own eye and such.) Afterall, who cares about their "minor" sins if they can spend time picking on someone else's "major" sins?

Perhaps it is because they like to feel superior?

Or maybe they think they are helping others to avoid sin.

I think we should be very proud of those people we know have overcome so much. What a wonderful chance they have to witness to others who are in the same situation!

• Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  963
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/10/1963

Hi ray.

Not moving from church to church is about putting down roots and growing where the Lord has planted us. So before we join a church, it's a good idea to look around first and see what is available. Go to that church a few times and feel it out. Some people go to a particular church because it is popular. Some go because of the youth ministries available. What ever the reason, the best church to go to is a God filled church. That way you should get a balance of everything you need to grow in the word and toward ministry. Unfortunately, those who get stuck in the trap of moving from church to church, may never develop toward ministry - because they have no roots.

As to your first question, there are a number of reasons why christians behave the way they do. It could be upbringing, it could be their determination to be polished and have the bride ready for when the groom arrives. God alone knows everyones' motives, so I am just guessing at some of the possible reasons. Looking at everyone as a brother or sister helps me a lot. We're all in the same boat, going in the same direction, desiring the things of God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Sorry, but my experience has been very much different: Christians go to great lengths to be accepting and loving of those who are struggling.

I've got to say though, there are a lot of people who claim to be born again, who are not at all what I consider Christians either! They are full of anger, bitterness, fear, and calumny. That is NOT what I think a Christian ought to be.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  281
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Hi ray.

Not moving from church to church is about putting down roots and growing where the Lord has planted us. So before we join a church, it's a good idea to look around first and see what is available. Go to that church a few times and feel it out. Some people go to a particular church because it is popular. Some go because of the youth ministries available. What ever the reason, the best church to go to is a God filled church. That way you should get a balance of everything you need to grow in the word and toward ministry. Unfortunately, those who get stuck in the trap of moving from church to church, may never develop toward ministry - because they have no roots.

As to your first question, there are a number of reasons why christians behave the way they do. It could be upbringing, it could be their determination to be polished and have the bride ready for when the groom arrives. God alone knows everyones' motives, so I am just guessing at some of the possible reasons. Looking at everyone as a brother or sister helps me a lot. We're all in the same boat, going in the same direction, desiring the things of God.

I don't think you understood my question regarding church changinging? yes it important to plant roots in a particular church i don't disagree with that. However, if a person changes from church to another and it is bible believing church and they have have visited that church for several Sundays and feel it is time for a change of church because the previous church can no longer meet there needs; why would the first church were you attended condeem you for changing churches? I'm not talking about church hopping and going from church to church.

I'm not sure what your trying to say or indicate by answering my first question? Why are some and sometimes it feels like all or most Christians are quick to be judge juror and sentececer; before showing love to a sinner?

How does being condeeming first rather than showing love "polish to have the bride ready when the groom comes? I don't get it?

• Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  963
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/10/1963

Hi ray.

I don't think you understood my question regarding church changinging? yes it important to plant roots in a particular church i don't disagree with that. However, if a person changes from church to another and it is bible believing church and they have visited that church for several Sundays and feel it is time for a change of church because the previous church can no longer meet there needs; why would the first church where you attended condemn you for changing churches? I'm not talking about church hopping and going from church to church.

I'm not sure what your trying to say or indicate by answering my first question? Why are some and sometimes it feels like all or most Christians are quick to be judge juror and sentencer; before showing love to a sinner?

How does being condemning first rather than showing love "polish to have the bride ready when the groom comes? I don't get it?

Every church has a system to help it run efficiently. This usually includes a system for leaving as well. I am only speaking from my own personal experience on the following, but I found that if the leaders are given notice and reasons for why a member is leaving, it may help to improve an area in the church (if that is why the person is leaving), or, if a member has chosen to leave to go to another church, the Leaders usually send them off with a blessing. Friendships in the church are a different matter. People bond. Carry each others burdens, pray together etc. My advice to anyone, would be to talk to the Pastor about your reasons for leaving, so that the leadership know whats going on.

I don't know the circumstances surrounding 'condemning first rather than showing love'. which is why I went broad on my answer. Its been my experience that the person who brings someone to the Lord, nutures and supports them and helps them settle into the church. Those who come in on their own, are befriended by those who are mature in their relationship with God. When we become christians we work toward dying to the old nature and putting on the new nature.

I knew a guy who was the president of a gang in one of our local cities. When the Lord touched his life, he fell on his knees and wept because of all the wrongs he had done. He went to every house of his victims with a gift and asked for forgiveness. He went to the prisons and preached the word. On one occasion a gun had been smuggled into the prison and he had been shot at. The spirit of the Lord spoke to him and he had quickly moved.

For two years he worked at getting his relationships right, he no longer did drugs etc. But the church wouldn't let him go to Germany to evangelise because he smoked cigarettes. There are consequences that follow every choice we make and even though he had repented of many things, he couldn't go. There are many people who still perceive him in his old

nature. It is going to take time for people to get use to the idea that he has changed.