Atheist group wants memorial crosses removed

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  640
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

again, i ask the question, if you are a non-believer, or an athiest, what do you care what the symbol is?????

i and many like myself as believers, prefer the symbol of the cross, it represents our Lord and what he has done and what he has promised. where is this all pervading philosophy the athiests and non-believers are always demanding in defense of their own memorials and programs, what is it you guys are constantly screaming and demanding, oh i believe it is ACCEPTANCE OF EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING AS OK!!!!!! perhaps the athiests and non-believers don't really mean, everything is ok. at least we as christians are up front about what we believe. we tell you straight up without all of the tail chasing and chip and dale style arguments, we endure trying to expose the truth. Jesus is the son of the living God, the only son of the living God. he was born of the virgin and died on the cross to redeem the world from it's sin and he rose from the dead to do it. he defeated death and the devil at his own game. Jesus is the only way to redemption. none of this needs the belief or faith of anyone to be true. God said it, i believe it, end of story. if you choose to deny Christ, he has given you that right. to your own damnation. God Bless and have mercy on you and the largest decision of your life.

Guest jckduboise
Atheist group wants memorial crosses removed

A lawsuit filed by the American Atheists in U.S. District Court on Thursday seeks to remove steel crosses that dot roadways throughout Utah and memorialize Utah Highway Patrol troopers who have died in the line of duty.

The suit has drawn harsh reaction from family members of the fallen troopers and promises to be the source of an emotional battle.

The crosses, which stand about 12 feet high and bear the trooper's name and the UHP insignia, were erected starting in 1998 and serve as a memorial for 14 troopers who have died since 1931. About nine of the crosses are on public land and all of them are placed near the spot where the troopers lost their lives.

Plaintiffs Stephen Clark, Michael Rivers and Richard Andrews in conjunction with the American Atheists Inc. also seek to have the UHP symbol removed from the crosses.

"The presence of the UHP logo on a poignant religious symbol is an unconstitutional violation of the United States Constitution. It is government endorsement of religion," said Rivers, Utah director for American Atheists.

Spiritual Warfare?

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

If they were truly atheists, they wouldn't be bothered by the belief others might have in God. No, these are God-haters using atheism as a thin veneer to disguise their nefarious activities.

Agree, right on the nail.

again, i ask the question, if you are a non-believer, or an athiest, what do you care what the symbol is?????

i and many like myself as believers, prefer the symbol of the cross, it represents our Lord and what he has done and what he has promised. where is this all pervading philosophy the athiests and non-believers are always demanding in defense of their own memorials and programs, what is it you guys are constantly screaming and demanding, oh i believe it is ACCEPTANCE OF EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING AS OK!!!!!! perhaps the athiests and non-believers don't really mean, everything is ok. at least we as christians are up front about what we believe. we tell you straight up without all of the tail chasing and chip and dale style arguments, we endure trying to expose the truth. Jesus is the son of the living God, the only son of the living God. he was born of the virgin and died on the cross to redeem the world from it's sin and he rose from the dead to do it. he defeated death and the devil at his own game. Jesus is the only way to redemption. none of this needs the belief or faith of anyone to be true. God said it, i believe it, end of story. if you choose to deny Christ, he has given you that right. to your own damnation. God Bless and have mercy on you and the largest decision of your life.

Amen, you even made me cry to remember something very important, no matter if atheist don't love God, or even if we didn't God will always still be God yesterday, today and tomorrow forever for eternity :)

Guest nofear

OKay, I still don't get it. If you are truely an atheist why would the cross offend you? Wouldn't it be nothing more than a piece of construction, like the sign that lets you know McDonalds is there?

Doesn't sound like an atheist to me. Sounds like something or someone else.

I wish these atheist's would make up their mind. If you don't believe it should not bother you at all.

Edited by nofear

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hey, guess what?

Some people don\'t believe in Christ, and some people don\'t want to see symbols of another God manifested in such a non-religious thing as Highway Patrol. Would you be offended if they were stars of David?

Hey, guess what?

Some people don\'t believe in Christ, and some people don\'t want to see symbols of another God manifested in such a non-religious thing as Highway Patrol. Would you be offended if they were stars of David?

And guess what else? Every block of margarine I buy in a supermarket has a 'halaal' sign on it, they even put them on Easter eggs!!! And I am not muslim,,,,,,

Margarine is kind of non religious don't you think?

:blink::blink::blink:

Grace to you,

Would you be offended if they were stars of David?

Actually, No.

My Lord is a Jew. :blink:

Peace,

Dave

AMEN DAVE!!! :blink:

Grace to you,

Would you be offended if they were stars of David?

Actually, No.

My Lord is a Jew. :blink:

Peace,

Dave

AMEN DAVE!!! :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  07/29/1975

I see it as they are scared. They do not know the love of God the way Christains do. They do not have the joy in there life, and want to bring everyone down.

It will not get me down. God will always have joy for us.

Further more, if they do not know God or believe in him, why remove the cross??

I think they are getting convited!! It really moves in thier souls, and they do not know whats going on.

Everywhere I go I see Anti-God this and that, Do I try and Sue and make a fool of myself?? No, I pray for them and leave it at that.

Why can' t they just leave it at that??

IT really bothers them.

Thats why.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  15
  • Birthday:  03/05/1976

I.. can't think of anything nice to say.

The First Amendment:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

No one tries to force these athiests to respect these crosses.. therefore, they have no right to ask for the removal of them.