MK202002

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I've heard of this practice of listening to God. Actually hearing His voice. Is it that simple, just sit down and listen?

I heard Him once before, 4 years ago I was scrubbing the bathroom (really spiritual sounding, huh?) and He told me to call a friend and ask her if she was reading her bible. I had my own train of thought going at the time, and suddenly, His thought just popped in there. Now I feel his presence when I worship, I see his faithfullness, and I am guided by his Word and Spirit. But I haven't had an experience like that in a while.

The medeveil christians called it 'contemplative prayer'. I'm reading about it, but I think if I could get advice and stories of how modern people hear him, that would be helpful also. In this thread I am looking for how God has spoken to you like this, and sciptures are good, but I'm not looking for scripture responses only. Thanks!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I hear God, the problem i have is most scitsofrinics (sp) (people who hear voices) call one of there voices God. How do you make sure your just not crazy.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

ezekeilsdreams, that was close but but not a strike. But one more stike and you're out, or at least I will be reporting you.

e

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  269

I hear God, the problem i have is most scitsofrinics (sp) (people who hear voices) call one of there voices God. How do you make sure your just not crazy.

Very simple. You willl never hear anything from God that goes against scripture. So if the voice tells you that you should go jump off a bridge, you know it's not from God. But if the voice comes out of nowhere, telling you to encourage a friend in need, why doubt that? We are suppose to encourage each other but we often forget. God gives us gentle reminders.

In this thread I am looking for how God has spoken to you like this, and sciptures are good, but I'm not looking for scripture responses only. Thanks!

I have heard the voice of God, once. I heard it as sure as I'm sitting here but it's not something I talk about too often. It was simple words that were affirming and I fell apart at the impact it had on me. That was three years ago and sometimes you just want to hear it again so badly, but it doesn't happen. I have stopped questioning as to why and accepted that if He wants to speak audibly to me, He will.

I think we can hear God everyday in our prayers if we just remain quiet and listen for Him. We often come to him in prayer with an agenda and a long list of wants. When we praise Him and then remain quiet and wait for him to speak, the thoughts begin to come. And you know they are of Him because they come out of the blue and are far from what you were thinking. :whistling:

I have also found that the longer I spend in prayer and stillness, the more He speaks. He wants more than 5 minutes of my time.

Some of the best prayer time I've had are the 3:00am wake-ups. I know that some of you know what I'm talking about. You wake up.....wide awake and feel a heavy burden to pray but you're not exactly sure why. I move to my living room and wrap myself in a blanket and remain quiet. People start coming to mind and I pray. He always lets me know when I'm done. The really cool part is when that happens, I find myself refreshed the next day. Not tired from lack of sleep.

I think God speaks quietly. We will never hear him if we can't be still.

I'm not charismatic to be sure but this article really spoke to my heart.

http://www.layhands.com/HowToHearGodsVoice.htm

In His Love~

Totallyatpeace

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  286

Very simple. You willl never hear anything from God that goes against scripture. So if the voice tells you that you should go jump off a bridge, you know it's not from God. But if the voice comes out of nowhere, telling you to encourage a friend in need, why doubt that? We are suppose to encourage each other but we often forget. God gives us gentle reminders.

In this thread I am looking for how God has spoken to you like this, and sciptures are good, but I'm not looking for scripture responses only. Thanks!

I have heard the voice of God, once. I heard it as sure as I'm sitting here but it's not something I talk about too often. It was simple words that were affirming and I fell apart at the impact it had on me. That was three years ago and sometimes you just want to hear it again so badly, but it doesn't happen. I have stopped questioning as to why and accepted that if He wants to speak audibly to me, He will.

I think we can hear God everyday in our prayers if we just remain quiet and listen for Him. We often come to him in prayer with an agenda and a long list of wants. When we praise Him and then remain quiet and wait for him to speak, the thoughts begin to come. And you know they are of Him because they come out of the blue and are far from what you were thinking. :whistling:

I have also found that the longer I spend in prayer and stillness, the more He speaks. He wants more than 5 minutes of my time.

Some of the best prayer time I've had are the 3:00am wake-ups. I know that some of you know what I'm talking about. You wake up.....wide awake and feel a heavy burden to pray but you're not exactly sure why. I move to my living room and wrap myself in a blanket and remain quiet. People start coming to mind and I pray. He always lets me know when I'm done. The really cool part is when that happens, I find myself refreshed the next day. Not tired from lack of sleep.

I think God speaks quietly. We will never hear him if we can't be still.

I'm not charismatic to be sure but this article really spoke to my heart.

http://www.layhands.com/HowToHearGodsVoice.htm

In His Love~

Totallyatpeace

thank you

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  31

thank you Totallyatpeace i am ready your site. So far it looks ok.

• Content Count:  269

It's not my site. :whistling: I just think that the article is very good. I printed it a long time ago and have used it as a reference from time to time.

Blessings upon you.....

• Content Count:  10
  • Birthday:  08/17/1984

I feel that we should all listen to God wether that be in His Word, through another person, or through ourseleves. I believe that God puts thoughts in our minds to help us see His way. God speaks through me in my mind; He gives me thoughts and things somehow seem so clear when He's speaking to me. My mind has a thought in it that is so strong and powerful and I realize that it's the Lord speaking to me. God bless and may the Lord speak clearly to you everyday.

Britani