• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/26/1974

Even before my husband and I met, I was raised in church. But, not from my parents. My grandmother took me. I was saved at the age of 21 in the same church I grew up in. After our first Son was born, I went to my husband who also was Christian and told him that I wanted to start our on tradition where our Son would not get up on Christmas morning with only Santa on his mind. So, we came up with the idea that We would give Ole Saint Nick a call and see if he could make it to our house early every year while we were out my parents house opening gifts. Then when we came home from my parents, he would get a early surprise. We had one more child after that 2 years later and we did that for years. The on Christmas morning i would have a big breakfast cooked and we would then all gather around and my husband would read the Christmas story, how Jesus was born, and the real meaning of Christmas to our kids. That way when they got up the next morning there weren't all consumed with Santa Claus. This year will be our first Christmas without him here to share those moments with our boys but I fully intend on keeping that tradition on that was made over 10 years ago.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/07/1980

That was a good idea, the only ones that can convey the true meaning behind Christmas are the parents, I applaud you.

:)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

That's a great way to do Christmas! We started doing somthing similar a few years ago...though it was long after my brother and I stopped believing in Santa, so I guess my parents weren't too worried about that *grin* Oh, a tip for everyone: Watch "A Charlie Brown Christmas" with your kids!! What a classic. Has a great moment, too, when Charlie finds out the true meaning of Christmas (Christ's birth), after spending most of the movie dissatisfied with the commercial Christmas everyone seems to be celebrating. I'm sure a lot of you have seen it...but just in case (I myself never saw it until this year, and I'm 21).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/06/1987

i'm not gona tell my kids about santa at all. its lying to them. and it has nothing at all to do with the true meaning of christmas. santa is a stupid idea, n wen children find out they are only upset, which is such unnecessary pain for them. thats wat i think anyway. i have learnt that if u stick to the truth noone gets hurt. plus its such a blantant unbelievable story. The santa one that is..

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

This is not a critisism, but why do we as Chistians feel the need to encourage the myth of Santa in our children?
i'm not gona tell my kids about santa at all. its lying to them. and it has nothing at all to do with the true meaning of christmas. santa is a stupid idea, n wen children find out they are only upset, which is such unnecessary pain for them. thats wat i think anyway. i have learnt that if u stick to the truth noone gets hurt. plus its such a blantant unbelievable story. The santa one that is..

Santa is fun. My kids know santa is not real but something to have fun with. I also told them the story of St. Nicholas who is real. Kids have a great imagination. Why don't you let kids be kids. :)