apothanein kerdos

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

I propose that Catholicism is the Christian denomination that is most supportive of the Jews.

That's another debate for another time....but historically, killing people and then ignoring the fact they're being killed doesn't really lend "support."

The only denomination that Israeli leaders feel comfortable meeting with (and do meet with them often) is Southern Baptists...they are, by far, the most supportive of the Jewish people. There's also a grass root effort among southern baptists churches to start celebrating Chanukah with their Jewish friends (if the Friends will allow it).

Out of respect for your thread this will be my only response; but I could not ignore that post.

It is inflammatory comments like this one "but historically, killing people and then ignoring the fact they're being killed doesn't really lend "support." " that hinder the healing process. We have, all of us, Christians and Jews alike, hurt each other horribly, thru the centuries. We are all guilty.

But it takes only a simple search of "Pope John Paul II Jewish leaders" to see the progress that has been made to restore a bond between Catholics and Jews.

Your observations may be true in your community, but not on the national level.

Forgive me for straying from the topic. My apologies.

Happy Chanukah,

Fiosh

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/07/1980

I think it would do a lot of good if more followers of Yeshua took part in some Jewish holidays, not to be better believers but to relate better with the Jewish heritage. We are all Jews in essence, taking Christ into your life is becoming a part of the descendants of Abraham. I follow the Torah, but not in a legalistic way, I dont do it to gain salvation, I do it because it is a good way to live. Following Yeshua is always the number one priority in my life, and always will. When I acknoledge the holidays, I always put Yeshua right on top of everything, just like every other day. I believe that this process of acceptance will unite the houses of Judah, and Ephraim, which Isaiah talks about.