• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0

The Cut And Run

. Today many Christians are faced with diversity or being looked down upon for such faith, some Christians more then others. I know if you have not felt out of place for being a Christian you soon will, either that or your not living the Christian life.

. The times are getting hard, make no doubt about it, but Jesus has already warned us,

Edited by Trinity

Thank you trinity. I found this most uplifting. Sometimes i get the focus of JEsus and like Peter when my eyes are back on Jesus the blessings come along with trials and attacks from Satan.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

Thanks Trinity! This is a message we all need to remember. At times we will all fall or fail yet God is faithful to brings us back and empower us with His Holy Spirit to do His will.

This was shared at church today kind of a different point but hopefully used to encourage people. Look beyond your circumstances and your limitations.

A shoe manufacturer sent to salespeople in to the heart of Africa.

One reported back, "Recall me immediately! No sales possibilities here. No one wears shoes."

The other salesman sent a message that read: "Ship cargo immediately. Market potential is unlimited. Everyone is barefooted!"

Thought for the New Year:

Some find difficulty in every opportunity. Others find opportunities in every difficulty.

The alert Christian will find opportunities for Christ anywhere, anytime,to anyone, in all circumstances.

Help us oh Lord to stay alert.

Love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

yep :whistling:

God is willing if we accept his will

- People don't get mocked or insulted because they are christian. It's the reasoning behind why some "think" they are a christian that they get mocked and insulted. The ones who study the bible and try to improve life for the right reasons don't get mocked at all. There are lots of those kind of people. The ones who have one bad dream and start prohesying pyscho killers and demons running wild are the ones who get mocked. The ones who get drunk saturday and apologize sunday at church are the ones who get mocked. Can anyone really say they didn't earn it?

- Times are not getting hard, times have always been hard. Yes rejoce in the day, the day you aren't mocked anymore. Then you will know why you were and won't be mocked again.

What Planet are you living on? :emot-highfive: I want to live there! :)

No i am sorry but Christians get mocked all the time, my old manager made it really hard on me to live a Christian lifestyle at work because of the insults, he would get on a role with Anti-Christian jokes. More and more Christians are getting insulted. Through movies, songs jokes etc... and throughout the years it has been appearing more and more.

Times aren't getting harder? Excuse me, have you picked up a Newspaper? Christians get arrested for hate-crimes in Philly for telling people on a Gay-March that homosexuality was wrong. God is being stripped from our governments, i remember when you could pray in school, you still can as long as you aren't a Christian.

I could go on those are just a few happenings, like i said before What Planet are you living on? :) I want to live there! Because i am living on planet earth and i can tell you times here are getting harder, especially if you live in Europe :) The USA is slowly but surely getting there, just think what has happened in the last 2 years.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

Blessings Dood,

Reading your post left me a little curious. I am glad that you do read your Bible cause I would like to know your opinions on scriptures found in it.

The first one is Matthew 5:11-12 In the part where Jesus is saying how people are blessed . (know as the Beatitudes)

Jesus says: "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad because great is your reward in heaven for in the same way they persecuted the prophets before you."

The next is Matthew 28:19-20 Jesus says "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you."

Next 2 Timothy4:2 Paul says he gives us this charge:"Preach the Word: be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke, and encourage- with great patience and careful instruction.

And the he warns in 2Timothy4:3-5 "For a time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear they will turn their ears away from the truth and turn side to myths."

There are so many more places in the Bible but I will close from one last source again found in 2 Timothy--3:12 "In fact everyone who wants to live a Godly life in Jesus Christ will be persecuted."

I am just curious as to in how you understand these scriptures. Thanks.

Love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

- People don't get mocked or insulted because they are christian. It's the reasoning behind why some "think" they are a christian that they get mocked and insulted. The ones who study the bible and try to improve life for the right reasons don't get mocked at all. There are lots of those kind of people. The ones who have one bad dream and start prohesying pyscho killers and demons running wild are the ones who get mocked. The ones who get drunk saturday and apologize sunday at church are the ones who get mocked. Can anyone really say they didn't earn it?

- Times are not getting hard, times have always been hard. Yes rejoce in the day, the day you aren't mocked anymore. Then you will know why you were and won't be mocked again.

Whoa dood! No christian persecution? Then how do you explain the present persecution of the South Chinese church? And the christians in India, and in almost every Islamic nation? And the christians under communism? And the christians in early rome? And the christians in Africa, who live near the muslims? The world hates the truth! And this is what we have to speak. You've never even seen someone excluded, or brushed off, or picked last, because of thier testimony? I mean, I'm from Missouri, were nothing ever happens, and I've even seen that level of persecution!

Dood-And telling people flat out is so the most loving thing to do! It doesn't mean your prideful, people gotta know

14How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"[g]

16But not all the Israelites accepted the good news. For Isaiah says, "Lord, who has believed our message?"[h] 17Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ

And if you would like to find out how grusome christian persecution is in some countries, ask the Voice of the Martyrs, or International Christian Concern. You'll find out that just because it's modern-times, we are not as civilized as we like to think. actually less, in my opinion.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

I appreciate your article- I've recently went through some problems on the job, and there was the temptation of running, but I got the distinct word from the Lord to just Stand. I had

a person completely sent from the devil to try to snare me- it totally turned on her, she didn't succeed-It was unusual that my prayer partner when through simular issues. We encouraged each others!

If we will resist the temptation to run, and stand and wait on the Lords salvation- its so much sweeter and if we continue to trust in Him no matter what the situation-boy faith Grows-

I heard a christian radio broadcast that said-Suffering saints are living seeds- they are going around droping seed everywhere-producing a harvest. We are an encouragement to others. I think about Paul in the bible- he went through way more than I did.

May we be fruitful trees!!