IGNORED

Brokeback Mountain Review

Guest wrestling_with_life

I loved the movie. Homosexuality is not like incest or molestation it just isn't. It is Love between two people who just happen to be of the same sex. I am so angry and outraged at the outcry from so many people. What does even the cinema have to revolve around CHRISTANTIY? Guess what people there are people out there who believe is something else or don't believe in anything at all. Should they be punished for that? So many Christians stick there nose up at anything the interpret by the bible as wrong. YOU ARE NOT GOD. No one gets to decide on earth what is a sin and what isn't only God can do that. You may say I am sinner but only by the strength of God am I able to write this. My anger is bubbling and part of me just wants to scream and swear all down this post but God is keeping me calm and allowing me to write this. You are not GOD none of you are so you have NO RIGHT to tell others what is right and what is wrong.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

I loved the movie. Homosexuality is not like incest or molestation it just isn't. It is Love between two people who just happen to be of the same sex. I am so angry and outraged at the outcry from so many people. What does even the cinema have to revolve around CHRISTANTIY? Guess what people there are people out there who believe is something else or don't believe in anything at all. Should they be punished for that? So many Christians stick there nose up at anything the interpret by the bible as wrong. YOU ARE NOT GOD. No one gets to decide on earth what is a sin and what isn't only God can do that. You may say I am sinner but only by the strength of God am I able to write this. My anger is bubbling and part of me just wants to scream and swear all down this post but God is keeping me calm and allowing me to write this. You are not GOD none of you are so you have NO RIGHT to tell others what is right and what is wrong.

Let's see... you're on a Christian message board and the Bible has a firm stance against homosexuality. What kind of views and opinions did you expect to read? We are fully aware that none of us are God. No one here has claimed to be. If you do not like what the Bible says about homosexuality, (that it's an abomination unto Him, but to love the sinner), then your argument is with God, not us. Can you show us where the Bible condones homosexuality?

As long as you posted the way you did, I have a question for you. I would love to know why you think it's wretched that Christians speak against homosexuality but apparently have no problem with the way homosexuals curse and belittle Christians? Where is your outrage in that? As the Bible says, wrestling, you are either for Him or against Him. If you are for Him, then you will believe His Word and live it.

who here has even implied that cinema should revolve around christianity? personally, i think we're all of the mind that cinema produced by secular hollywood would fail to even come close to accuracy if it produced movies only about christianity. who here has implied that they are God?

now, you kinda imply here that you are a christian, but then say that none of us have the right to tell others what is right or wrong. as a christian, it is our RESPONSIBILITY to tell others about God, and about His word, including what God says about sin.

that being said, we're not out there in front of theaters telling people that this movie is about sin, we're here on a christian message board discussing it among ourselves. and part of that discussion includes expressing our opinion about what this movie tells our children is right or wrong... and given the reaction by unbelievers who have posted here, it seems to tell our children (at least indirectly through secular expression of opinion as you have expressed) that homosexuality is not wrong.

Edited by LadyC

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

We should have a thread that reviews all movies and then we won't have to sit through as much garbage to find out what is acceptable for family viewing.

who here has even implied that cinema should revolve around christianity? personally, i think we're all of the mind that cinema produced by secular hollywood would fail to even come close to accuracy if it produced movies only about christianity. who here has implied that they are God?

now, you kinda imply here that you are a christian, but then say that none of us have the right to tell others what is right or wrong. as a christian, it is our RESPONSIBILITY to tell others about God, and about His word, including what God says about sin.

that being said, we're not out there in front of theaters telling people that this movie is about sin, we're here on a christian message board discussing it among ourselves. and part of that discussion includes expressing our opinion about what this movie tells our children is right or wrong... and given the reaction by unbelievers who have posted here, it seems to tell our children (at least indirectly through secular expression of opinion as you have expressed) that homosexuality is not wrong.

I wasn't saying that it was directly this board that says all those things. This board however was my breaking point. I am Christian I believe in God and Jesus I however question the bible. If that in your eyes makes me a non-believer fine. I do not have to explain my relationship with God to no one. Secondly how many cases have you found that homosexuals jumped and beat up Christians not many. But there is more then enough hate crimes out there and some are done by supposed " Good Christians". If someone were to beat someone else up because of there religion then yes I would stick up for them too. My believe in life is to " Stand Up for whats Right even if your standing Alone".

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20
  • Days Won:  0

I wasn't saying that it was directly this board that says all those things. This board however was my breaking point. I am Christian I believe in God and Jesus I however question the bible. If that in your eyes makes me a non-believer fine. I do not have to explain my relationship with God to no one. Secondly how many cases have you found that homosexuals jumped and beat up Christians not many. But there is more then enough hate crimes out there and some are done by supposed " Good Christians". If someone were to beat someone else up because of there religion then yes I would stick up for them too. My believe in life is to " Stand Up for whats Right even if your standing Alone".

The problem is that you're a Chrisitan relativist, better known as a Christian existentialist. What this means is that you base your entire faith off of the expirience of God and not off any factually based knowledge. This leads to an intellectually bankrupt belief, one that is ultimately useless in this world.

For instance, you say you believe in God and Jesus but doubt the Bible? This is borderline absurdity in that you are doubting the very thing that gives us who Jesus is. If the claims about God and Jesus are exagerated or outright false, then it is impossible to believe in either of them because there is no validation of proof. You can say, "I feel them" but you cannot explain this feeling or put meaning to this feeling. The moment you try to put meaning to the feeling, absent of the Bible, you are either lending credit to the Bible or going about it in a Biblical manner; in other words your action would contradict your belief. Furthermore, Jesus says the greatest commandment is to love God with all of our heart, soul, and mind. This indicates that there has to be logic behind our faith, and if there is no substance then we lack true faith. Shape shifting the Bible or your faith to meet the needs of the current culture does not make you a Christian; it makes you a post-modern thinker who happens to adopt the Chrisitan name because it makes you feel warm and fuzzy.

wrestling, good christians don't beat up anyone (unless perhaps in defense of their own life or a family member). christians don't commit hate crimes. i don't know where you get that idea, or how you can draw a comparison to how many homosexuals beat up christians.... how many christians have you ever heard of that go around beating up gays for sport? none. i think you're maybe confusing the likes of rev. phelps and his congregation with christians, and that church most certainly is not christian.

you're right, you don't have to explain your relationship with God to me or anyone else. but you'll have to do some explaining to God on judgement day when He asks you why you didn't believe His word.

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

You haven't answered my post above... It appears that you cannot answer it so therefore you skipped it.

Your "Stand up for what's right even if your standing alone" motto actually means that you will stand up for what you believe in, not necessarily for what's right. If you stood for what's right, you would understand the Bible's inerrancy and live for Christ by His Word.

There have been plenty of hate crimes towards Christians by homosexuals. Turning a blind eye? Homosexuals scream for tolerance but only so far as it is extended towards them and they don't have to show it towards Christians. You talk about the crimes committed by "good Christians" towards homosexuals. First, not everyone who calls themselves a Christian is a Christian. I would venture to say that people holding up signs that say "God Hates Fags!" is not a Christian. They may say they believe in God but they don't know Him.

Matthew 7: 20 - 23 says, "Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them. Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'"

You say you believe in Jesus and God. So does the devil, that doesn't make him a Christian. I believe we should take care of our planet, but that doesn't make me an activist.

I would never say you aren't a Christian because God will judge that. But I can say that your posts do not reflect a biblical Christian. What other measure is there as to how a Christian should live, act, speak, believe, etc.?- What other measure do we have as to what makes someone a Christian - if it isn't the Bible, the inerrant Word of God? Too many people say things like, "My God wouldn't do this or that!" or "My God wouldn't say this or that!" These people are really only spouting off what they would like. It's ignorance. There is a quote that sums them up better than I ever could...

"If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel (Jesus) you believe, but yourself." -- St. Augustine

There are, and have been, homosexuals who have posted here on Worthy and, to my knowledge, they have been open about it and received nothing but caring and support here. We don't condone homosexuality, but we are biblical in our beliefs and actions about it. God says to hate the sin but love the sinner. That's what we do.

Do we still love homosexuals? Yes, God loves them as much as He loves any person whose ever lived. Do we hate homosexuality? Yes. It's an abomination to God and a stronghold on those who practice it. We hate the homosexual agenda in America today and won't lie still while they promote their teachings to kindergarten kids and rub it in our faces.

You haven't answered my post above... It appears that you cannot answer it so therefore you skipped it.

Your "Stand up for what's right even if your standing alone" motto actually means that you will stand up for what you believe in, not necessarily for what's right. If you stood for what's right, you would understand the Bible's inerrancy and live for Christ by His Word.

There have been plenty of hate crimes towards Christians by homosexuals. Turning a blind eye? Homosexuals scream for tolerance but only so far as it is extended towards them and they don't have to show it towards Christians. You talk about the crimes committed by "good Christians" towards homosexuals. First, not everyone who calls themselves a Christian is a Christian. I would venture to say that people holding up signs that say "God Hates Fags!" is not a Christian. They may say they believe in God but they don't know Him.

Matthew 7: 20 - 23 says, "Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them. Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'"

You say you believe in Jesus and God. So does the devil, that doesn't make him a Christian. I believe we should take care of our planet, but that doesn't make me an activist.

I would never say you aren't a Christian because God will judge that. But I can say that your posts do not reflect a biblical Christian. What other measure is there as to how a Christian should live, act, speak, believe, etc.?- What other measure do we have as to what makes someone a Christian - if it isn't the Bible, the inerrant Word of God? Too many people say things like, "My God wouldn't do this or that!" or "My God wouldn't say this or that!" These people are really only spouting off what they would like. It's ignorance. There is a quote that sums them up better than I ever could...

"If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel (Jesus) you believe, but yourself." -- St. Augustine

There are, and have been, homosexuals who have posted here on Worthy and, to my knowledge, they have been open about it and received nothing but caring and support here. We don't condone homosexuality, but we are biblical in our beliefs and actions about it. God says to hate the sin but love the sinner. That's what we do.

Do we still love homosexuals? Yes, God loves them as much as He loves any person whose ever lived. Do we hate homosexuality? Yes. It's an abomination to God and a stronghold on those who practice it. We hate the homosexual agenda in America today and won't lie still while they promote their teachings to kindergarten kids and rub it in our faces.

This will be my last post on this topic and my last post on this board. I will not stay and post in a place that wants to nicely put " I am going to hell for believing homosexuality is ok". I hope you all have a great life condemning perfectly good people for there believes, enjoy.

GOODBYE