• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

"Love thy neighbor wasnt meant to mean homosexual love."

I did not intend to give the impression it did. And I honestly don't see how anyone would get that impression.

"He also made it plain to reject sin. And there is no glossing over the fact that homosexuality is a sin."

Well, obviously you have glossed over it, as homosexuality is never mentioned as a sin. Only certain very specific sexual practices are. Is heterosexuality a sin because certain sexual practies are considered sin? No...so why would you apply that to homosexuals?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Leviticus 18:22 You shall not lie with mankind as with womankind. It is abomination to God.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lies with mankind, as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be on them.

Seems clear that is homosexuality. Of course, many try and deny that to justify a sinful lifestyle.

Romans 1:26-27

For this cause, God gave them up to dishonorable affections. For even their women changed the natural use into that which is against nature. And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust toward one another; males with males working out shamefulness, and receiving in themselves the recompense which was fitting for their error.

This is also quite clear. Homosexuality is wrong.

Guest Gladiator4God

And try as I might (and I have tried hard), I have never found any scripture that forbids it.

Try harder.

Leviticus 18:22 You shall not lie with mankind as with womankind. It is abomination to God.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lies with mankind, as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be on them.

1Corinthians 6:9-10 Do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor abusers, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Romans 1:24-32 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves. For they changed the truth of God into a lie, and they worshiped and served the created thing more than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. For this cause, God gave them up to dishonorable affections. For even their women changed the natural use into that which is against nature. And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust toward one another; males with males working out shamefulness, and receiving in themselves the recompense which was fitting for their error. And even as they did not think fit to have God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do the things not right, being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; being full of envy, murder, quarrels, deceit, evil habits, becoming whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, insolent, proud, braggarts, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, undiscerning, perfidious, without natural affection, unforgiving, unmerciful; who, knowing the righteous order of God, that those practicing such things are worthy of death, not only do them, but have pleasure in those practicing them.

1Timothy 1:9-10 knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous one, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, for fornicators, for homosexuals, for slave-traders, for liars, for perjurers, and anything else that is contrary to sound doctrine,

Jude 1:7 as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them, in like manner to these, committing fornication, and going away after other flesh, laid down an example before-times, undergoing vengeance of everlasting fire.

Seems clear to me. Homosexuality is condemned in the bible. It is an abomination to God. It is a sin.

Thank you very much jade! The word abomination seems to cover it for GodsLove and me! (PS dis is GodsLove26) :huh:

They are either absurd translations (no word or references to homosexuals appeared in origional scripture), or are mis-understanding the meaning and context of the passages in the first place.

1Co 6:9 Do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor abusers, nor homosexuals,

The word homosexual in that verse is:

arsenoko

Really...there's no need to repeat the same passages...I know them well...and you just posted them...save the space.

"Seems clear that is homosexuality."

The only thing that is clear, is you have no understanding of scripture.

Neither of these verses in Leviticus refer to homosexuals but to heterosexuals who took part in fertility rituals in order to guarantee good crops and healthy flocks....stuff of that nature. No hint at sexual orientation or homosexuality is even implied. The word abomination in Leviticus was used for anything that was considered to be religiously unclean or associated with idol worship.

Your problem is not understanding the context of the passages as they pertained to the lifestyle of the time in which they took place. and who they are directed at. You are completely ignorant of their meanings. Not surprising though, as most christians have almost no real knowledge of the old testiment.

Like I said before, if you are so enamoured with Leviticus, then by all means stop this hypocritical selective use of it to condemn and reject people, and follow ALL it's laws yourself....have fun.

freshcut, we don't condemn or hate homosexuals. they're humans. they are as deserving of God's love as any of us... or i should say WE are as UNdeserving of God's love as any of them. but ya see, God's grace extends to any who will choose to love HIM.

from how it sounds in each of the posts you've made, you have nothing but contempt for scripture, for christians, for anything we stand for. please correct me if i'm wrong. but if i'm not wrong, then i hardly think you're in a position to accuse us of having no understanding of scripture or of the nature of God or Jesus.

tell me, freshcut, do you know Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior?

"freshcut, we don't condemn or hate homosexuals. "

Well, I don't know who the "we" it is you're refering to, but a lot of the comments I've read refering to gays sure fall into the catagory. You subscribe to the idea that homosexuals are unnatural, sinful and condemed by jesus, when there is no scripture to support it it, and plenty agaisnt what you are doing. This is gross misuse of the teachings of jesus, and very seriously wrong.

And the guy with the rectum/AIDS comments...not sure what that's all about, and I don't even want to go there.

"from how it sounds in each of the posts you've made, you have nothing but contempt for scripture, for christians, for anything we stand for. please correct me if i'm wrong."

Again...who is the "we" you are refering to? And yes, of course you are wrong. How could I have contempt for scripture, if I seek their real meanings? If I had contempt for it, I would reject it. And it's very presumptuous of you to assume your personal views represent "christianity", and if I disagree with that personal view, then I am in contempt of all christianity, and everything it stands for.

Who is Jesus to you?

.the WE i refer to is the majority of those who have posted here. you are confusing our hatred of the sinfulness of homosexual acts with hatred of a group of human beings. the vast majority of us do not hate the individuals. nor has anyone here, to my knowledge, said that the individuals were unnatural. their actions ARE unnatural, physically and spiritually, and their actions are condemned by God. repentance is required to rectify that situation, just as repentance for any other sin is required.

as for your seeking to understand scripture, i have a hard time understanding how your attempting to do any such thing. disprove it, justify your view of it, yes, those things come across, but understand it? that is not coming through in your attitude. you do, in fact, appear to reject it.

my views represent Godly principal as is spelled out in the Bible. do you believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God and is infallible?

i notice you avoided answering the most important question i asked of you.

do you know Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior?