IGNORED

Are there modern day Prophets and Healers?

susansduval

Guest SavedByGod

Did this "Prophet" speak the Good Doctrine of Christ that conformed you to more godliness

and more Fear of God in your life?

If not,........Scripture say's don't be a light-house but to FLEE.

When you know that you've repented from more Pride and Foolishness

and you see this in a "Prophet--so called" but this person hasn't repented

then you will know not to listen.

Jesus has said, "John 10:11-16

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

KJV

John 10:27

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

KJV

John 10:28-30

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30 I and my Father are one.

KJV

Connie (Dallas Texas)

Edited by SavedByGod

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SavedByGod
The reason I asked the question above is because the prophets of today do not prophesy in that manner. In the Old Testament the Spirit of God had not yet dwelt in man...That is why prophesy occured in first person...as if you were speaking for the person. That was why they prophesied "Thus saith the Lord!".

Now in the NT the Spirit of God dwells inside us; our spirit and His Spirit have become one. Therefore, it is very strange that one would prophesy in the manner as "thus saith the Lord" or "'My children, why have you forsaken me?' says the Lord". For the God has grafted himself into our life so when one should prophesy for the Lord, it is usually in their own words and personality. The word comes from within us; not from outside of us.

When one prophesizes in this manner "'Return to me my children. I have great things awaiting you!' for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken." (first person) it is very questionable.

Prophecy today is in summary speaking forth the Lord. It is usually in the form of timely messages and interpretation of scripture that would apply to us in the present situation. Prophesy does not add onto scripture but it uses it. Unless one is prophesying to an individual, a prophecy spoken without the concurrent use of scripture is very questionable.

The Lord has already spoken to us through the Word. There are no new revelations that we can add onto the end times that has not been written in the book of Revelation. It is the Holy Spirit leading us and speaking to us.

When someone shows how the scriptures applies to us and especially in the time we are in.....it is NOT a simple analogy or some rhetorical device. This is a prophecy. The Word of God is living and it is the sword of the Spirit.

Hey there,.......

Well A true Prophet can say, "thus says the Lord" or such.....or say in a manner like how Paul Spoke to us in his letters, they (Letter's of Paul, John, Jude and Peter and Matt. Mark and Luke) were God Breathed Inspirational words from God's Holy Spirit, as you know. And yes there is no continuing Revelation like how the Roman Catholic Church does.

But what you saw,.....does NOT seem like a Move from God. These people have lost their way.

Just Praise God that YOU :wub: had discernment. :thumbsup:

Your not bound to be there,.....so have peace! :wub:

Connie

Edited by SavedByGod

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Hello Connie,

A true prophet after Christ's death and resurrection (the new testament) would not prophesy like "Thus saith the Lord". A true prophet may say that but there is no need to. And it is out of place.

It is sort of like wearing boots and a sweater to a gym. Maybe it's not that out of place but it is simply something a true prophet would not naturally do. This is because the Spirit of God is already a part of us in our spirit. Our spirit and the Holy Spirit are one. Thus, the prophet prophesizes in his own words...not by speaking in the first person for God.

In the Old Testament, the Spirit of God dwelt outside of man. So it was like coming from someone else. For instance if John told me "Repent from your sins!" as a message to propagate...I would say "Repent from your sins...thus saith John!" or "Repent from your sins...for the mouth of John has spoken!". John is outside of me so this is a naturally way for me to put it. But if we got the message "Repent from your sins" from within us (and this is the Holy Spirit), then it does not make much sense to say "thus saith the Lord".

I forgot to add that dreams, visions, and physical experiences can be prophetic. The interpretations of these are prophesies for us as well.