BlindSeeker

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,043
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

Just curious, William. Do you believe in the triunity of God?

A mistake many make is they perceive the phrase "Holy Spirit" to be a proper name. It's not.

Greetings John,

I believe that the Lord our God is one.

I believe that the revelation of God

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

Gee William,

I asked a simple question.

I do not believe in 3 separate beings with 3 separate minds and spirits and dimension who are one only in purpose and essence.

I guess that's a 'no'.

Gee William,

I asked a simple question.

I do not believe in 3 separate beings with 3 separate minds and spirits and dimension who are one only in purpose and essence.

I guess that's a 'no'.

Yes, John. You did ask a simple question . . . but it was to a complicated subject. There are many, many variations in doctrines concerning God, as a [singular] triune God, just as there are many variations in the doctrines of the Trinity and the oneness of God. I merely tried to be clear in my answer. Am I to assume that you do not believe there is a mystery to the essence of God

Am I to assume that you do not believe there is a mystery to the essence of God

Forgive my delayed response John as I was out of town for a week and it was difficult to find both time and access to respond.

Am I to assume that you do not believe there is a mystery to the essence of God

I have been reading in 1st Corinthians lately. I thought it was an interesting example of the power of the Triune God. The gifts are enablements, the results of the grace of God's Spirit. The administrations are the gifts in action and it is the Lord Himself who causes them to be useful. What causes the use of these gifts to be effective? Energeema is literally the 'results of energy'. We may minister to others, but the work of our hands and the words we speak can only become effective and bring forth fruit in the lives of others by God working in them to produce the results He desires. God gives the increase, eh? I thought it was neat, anyway.

And this I suppose to be that blessed Trinity that we read of in the Holy Scriptures. The Father is the Deity subsisting in the prime, un-originated and most absolute manner, or the Deity in its direct existence. The Son is the Deity generated by God's understanding, or having an idea of Himself and subsisting in that idea. The Holy Ghost is the Deity subsisting in act, or the Divine essence flowing out and breathed forth in God's Infinite love to and delight in Himself. And I believe the whole Divine essence does truly and distinctly subsist both in the Divine idea and Divine love, and that each of them are properly distinct Persons. J Edwards

The doctrine is most certainly hard to grasp. Jesus said, "He that hath seen Me hath seen the Father," yet He prayed to His Father and, when baptized, the Spirit descended on Him. Has He not been exalted to the right hand of God and received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit?

I love to read, William. Harry Ironside was a great teacher. You might think him quite simple, but he read and studied so much that he went blind. Is your conviction greater than his? How about Spurgeon or Calvin...and the list goes on and on. Why did you receive a different revelation? After all, you are a man just as they are.

I have been reading in 1st Corinthians lately. I thought it was an interesting example of the power of the Triune God. The gifts are enablements, the results of the grace of God's Spirit. The administrations are the gifts in action and it is the Lord Himself who causes them to be useful. What causes the use of these gifts to be effective? Energeema is literally the 'results of energy'. We may minister to others, but the work of our hands and the words we speak can only become effective and bring forth fruit in the lives of others by God working in them to produce the results He desires. God gives the increase, eh? I thought it was neat, anyway.

It is without question that God Himself is the effectual working force behind the ministry of the saints. However, the gifts are given by the Spirit of God and have accordingly been dubbed

Edited by BlindSeeker

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

OK - I am way out of my league here, (like an amateur baseball player standing in Wriggly field) and I am not here to debate. I want only to say something. A couple of things, actually.

First, I want to thank both JohnS and Blinkseeker. Both are dear brothers and both have an instrumental part in helping me in my spiritual growth. Something from way down deep clicks when I encounter each of you and you both cause me to go to the word in study. That "clicking" is the Holy Spirit that indwells us and leaps for joy at the glory you give to Christ, even though you have differing opinions on some issues.

Next, something has really been impressed upon me for days. Of all the things that Jesus said there is one question that strikes me as the most telling, the most compelling, the most important. One question. And it is one that we should ask ourselves in all sincerity, in truth. Jesus asked his disciples

Mat 16:15 He said unto them, But whom do you say that I am?

He had jsut asked them who the world said He was and received a lot of answers. Some say you are John the Baptist, some say Elijah, others say Jeremiah or one of the other prophets. He then asked them point blank, but who do YOU say that I am?

Honestly? I can well imagine the entire host of Heaven paying very close attention to the answer. What a question!

Now, picture this: you are standing in the temple on the day that the babies are brought in for blessings. A very young couple, poor by all appearances, come in with their 8 day old child. They hand the son over to an old man who holds the child for a moment before declaring:

Luke 2

29 "Lord, now You are letting Your servant depart in peace, According to Your word;

30 For my eyes have seen Your salvation

31 Which You have prepared before the face of all peoples,

32 A light to bring revelation to the Gentiles, And the glory of Your people Israel."

(Who do YOU say that I am?)

Simeon held the baby Jesus and knew who He was. No miracles had been done, no one raised from the dead, no angels singing, yet he knew he held the Christ.

So many were waiting for a Messiah. So many were looking for Him. Simeon found Him. He knew because of a couple of reasons. He knew the scriptures; we know this because it says he was just and devout. Actually, it says,

Luke 2

25 And behold, there was a man in Jerusalem whose name was Simeon, and this man was just and devout, waiting for the Consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him. 26 And it had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not see death before he had seen the Lord's Christ. 27 So he came by the Spirit into the temple.

And the Holy Spirit was upon him. I guess that's like when Jesus answered Peter with

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed [it] unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

What I'm trying to say here is this: There are many out there that do not know who Jesus is. They think they do, but they do not. There are many that teach "another" Jesus. Our battle, our effort, is to cause those in deception to hear the truth. "Our" Jesus is as Peter says. He is the son of the living God. He is due our honor, our reverence, our love and our loyalty.

Anyway, thank you John and William for stirring up hunger for knowledge, to gain more of HIM.

OK - I am way out of my league here . . .

You are never out of your league with me Sis. You always have my heart and ears.

First, I want to thank both JohnS and Blinkseeker. Both are dear brothers . . .

Except for the fact that I

:):)

Fair enough!

William,