• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I've been wondering something about these.  I have been a dedicated Christian since I was a little girl, so I can't relate too well to what it's like to be "not of the Lord" you might say.

Anyway, for those of you who can remember those years of being alienated from Jesus, I was wanting to know if Christian t-shirts and bumper stickers had any impact on you.  Did they "do their job" and "witness to you"?  Did they have the opposite effect (i.e. annoy you, turn you off)?   Did they have absolutely no impact on your coming to Christ one way or the other?  Something in between the extremes?

This is just a question I have been wondering about for a long time.   :rofl:

P.S. That's gotta be the silliest smilie!!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I do not believe that the full import of the Gospel of Jesus Christ can be encapsulted in a six or seven word bumper sticker.   Therefore, I am of the opinion that the are mostly used by the person as a comfort to themselves and as a reminder of the Gospel to any Christians who should happen to read them.  There just is no substitute for the preaching of the Gospel by mouth, in person.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

I think they are edifying for the believers. But ya know, I have heard of times when a person was ready to commit suicide or was totally at their wits end and God used a simple bumper sticker or the 700 Club broadcast or something else to speak to the person's heart...

We never know how something will impact others.

Example: This is not about a bumper sticker at all but listen...

when I was in Indonesia, at Christmas I went out and bought lovely toys for all the Christian children in two villages. I wrapped them beautifully and presented them at Church.

A few of the little ones on my list were missing.

I found out one little boy's father decided that he couldn't take the persecution of other Muslims and decided to go back to Islam.

But when his little boy received a toy from the Christians, he saw the joy in his child's face and the happiness it brought him.

He told the pastor that he had decided to give up trying to be a Christian because of the persecution but when he saw that the Christians so love his little boy, even though he didn't come to Bible class anymore...he decided that it is the CHRISTIANS who really care about him and his family...

The man and his family returned to the CHristian faith willing to accept the persecution from their Islamic neighbors because he saw something in us {Christians} that he never saw in the Muslims.

I never met this man. I simply gave the pastor the presents. Children who weren't there on that day  were given their present at a later date.

That little boy DID get his present - a toy car.  I have never met him But I know that BECAUSE he got a gift, his father's perception of Christians was forever changed.

Now, I had NO idea that buying presents for children would EVER have that kind of eternal effect. I wouldn't even dream of it...

But sure enough...we do things and without ever knowing, our actions affect people. They either speak FOR Jesus or AGAINST Jesus...

Man, all I want is for my actions to glorify and honor Jesus...and if it can take something as simple as a gift...well, praise GOD!

Geez...something as simple as a little toy car changed the lives of a whole family...hard to even imagine it.

So, yeah...I think the stickers and anything else that can edify and minister to others is a great idea. You never know who you're going to touch...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  396
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  09/26/1961

I own many many Christian T-shirts and wear them out alot. I sometimes forget I have one on until someone else says something about it!

I have a bumper sticker that says:

"The Big Bang Theory: God Spoke And BANG! It Happened!",

but my "Hang Up And Drive" sticker gets much more comment.

I wear my Christian logos because I'm proud to be a Christian. I wear my music t's for the same reason--I am proud to be a musician.

My Christian logo shirts have opened several conversations with unsaved people! It's a very non-threatening way to witness. And anything that makes it more comfortable to witness to a stranger? O'tay by me, 'panky.

:rofl:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/25/1972

I own many Christian T's, have a plate on the front of my truck that says "Jesus Is Lord", and my "signature" line (No Surrender! 1 Corinthians 16:13) across the back window of my truck in 3" high white letters.

I find that these are more so conversation starters than conversation finishers.  They've started many for me and have at least planted seeds with unsaved.

The silent witness of how we live our lives, whether it be by these means or others, preaches to the masses that are unsaved more so than any amount of words we use, at least in it's initial phases.  Face it, if you were unsaved, you really wouldn't listen to someone who came to you immediately spouting off chapters and verses from the bible.  The proof (actions) of a God-changed life and a God-changed heart is more real to someone than a bunch of word IN THE BEGINNING (They need to hear the scripture when that time comes).

I think St Francis of Assisi said it best: Preach the Gospel at all times, and when necessary use words.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Amen Bill!  :rofl:

Guest shilou

I personally think there great. My kids always look for the bumper stickers, the fish and such and say hey mom there's a christian. They make me smile.

Love in Yeshua

Shilou

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

I have a t-shirt that says "Lord, please put your arm over my shoulder and your Hand over my mouth"   :x:

I think it's appropriate for me!  :rofl: