DaughterofKing

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

'You are correct S.W., but unfortunantly you think Luther was above all the apostles and early Church fathers in his

understanding of scripture. You need to go back another 1,500 years."

Now now Pax. You know that is not true with regard to Luther. We certainly respect the special authority vested in the Apostles. Luther's Reformation, though, was a necessary event to return us to the real teaching of those special men!

Have a blessed day!

SW

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Well the Christian Creeds are important because they sum up the truth of what bible says about Christ. David Koresh, Mormons and Jim Jones all claimed and claim they believe in the bible that they had and have "bible believing" Churches. It is a meaningless term. What is important is what we believe about the bible, and very very importantly what we believe about Christ. Do we believe that He is God, that He is divine and that we should have faith only in Christ for our salvation? Cults usually deny the Trinity, that is one of their defining characteristics, they also will often have a variety of works based ideas about salvation, and in the end they will refuse to recognize any Creeds particularly the Christian Creeds or to spell out their beliefs in a statement of faith. All of those are warning signs. Beyond the basic things like trying to separate you from your family, trying to control who you speak to, sleep deprivation, wanting all of your assets, etc etc.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

What you say is your opininon.. thats fine.

But what I am saying is Bible only...scriptura sola. Luther motto. The reason why he would not bow to the Pope and all his creeds, rituals and ceremonies, becaus he held them up against the scriptures and declared that they were not part of the Bible. The actually were against the Bible.

Furthermore, the reason why I dont need a human teacher to understand the Bible is because the JESUS HIMSELF said I only need the HOly SPirit..

Verses...

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

(John 14:26)

Jesus said it...I believe it! The problem is too many people think if the Pastor said it must be true. I dont believe that for a minute. If the Pastor says something, I am going to get my bible out and check it out. Pray about it and decide for myself to follow it. I dont need a man or minister for that. that what religious freedom is. I am not in bondage by some man or minister. AMEN!!

MORE BIBLE:

And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

(2 Timothy 3:15-17)

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

(2 Timothy 2:15)

This is my creed. Believe or not!!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Smal...

I will make this quick. Thats the problem with Jim Jones and rest. They all made claims. The people never studied for themselves. And when they realized that something was wrong they were killed for it. The reason why they were lost was because they were following men and not jesus nor the bible. First mistake. If a man says he is jesus, I know he is lying. The bible says so. Jesus even warned us that many will come pretending that he is Jesus. Satan is coming. He will personate Christ. He will do the same works as CHrist. How will you know its not Christ. Evil Angels will pretend to be the disciples claiming that this man is Jesus. How will you know? I will know because, no matter what my feelings or what I see...The Bible is clear. When Christ returns the second time, he wont be touching this earth.

The people who are saved will be lifted up to heaven to meet the LORD IN THE AIR.

Scriptures and Holy SPirit cement me. I dont need anyone to teach me but them.. Learned men were the ones who had jesus killed, not the fishermen, but the ones who had college degrees; BA. MD. PH.D.

BY the way, David Koresh was not doing what the government says he was doing. I mean, Bush lied to Congress concerning the information on Iraq.

Now its all coming out in the wash or papers.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I went to a church that-before every prayer they would say "oh Lord Jesus! Oh Lord Jesus! " over and over like 3-5 times before each prayer before each prayer.

Also most people in that church go to a bible school that requires the women to wear skirts because its more feminine I assume.

Are they weird?

saying Jesus before a prayer a few times isn't qualification of a cult. Sometimes people get emotional when they pray. Niether is a skirt rule, although it's wierd.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  193
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/11/1973

Smal...

Scriptures and Holy SPirit cement me. I dont need anyone to teach me but them.. Learned men were the ones who had jesus killed, not the fishermen, but the ones who had college degrees; BA. MD. PH.D.

Did they even have college degrees back then? :whistling::P

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  961
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

'You are correct S.W., but unfortunantly you think Luther was above all the apostles and early Church fathers in his

Now now Pax. You know that is not true with regard to Luther. We certainly respect the special authority vested in the Apostles. Luther's Reformation, though, was a necessary event to return us to the real teaching of those special men!

Have a blessed day!

SW

I respectfully disagree. No where did the apostles teach Sola Scriptora. This was an invention of Martin Luther.

Have a blessed day!

SW

I respectfully disagree. No where did the apostles teach Sola Scriptora. This was an invention of Martin Luther.

PAX

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Please refrain from apologetics for or against the Catholic church. That was not the original intent of the OP

Please refrain from apologetics for or against the Catholic church. That was not the original intent of the OP

Hey Eric,

I just couldn't resist my good fiend, Horizons outburst! :whistling: You know me, I always defend the faith. I won't respond to Horizon again on this thread.......but it was just getting interesting! :P