• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

God created the world,

Now you say who created God if He created the world.

I am gonna pyut it this way, have you ever played a video game.?

Then you might know their are certain rules to the game, you have a life, you normally have time in the game, first of all, one of the basic rules is that someone had to create the game.

Well, God has it's own rule, think of God as the creator, and te earth as the Game.

He decided, to put time in the world, theirfore time was made, He decided , to put to the world gravity laws, theirfore gravity was made and is in work today.

Then God made the rule of creation, non of the rules in this world apply to Him, because H created the rules, He is time itself, love itself, creation itself, God doesn't have rules because he invented the even signification of the word creation.

He created it theirfore, God doesn't need to be created, because before the earth their was no rule of creation.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  872
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/24/1981

Where does God come from?

Who cares? I'm just glad He's there.

Amen to that Ted!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

While we may not be able to answer some of those questions like "Where does God come from", Christianity gives many more answers than not to many of the other mysteries in life like ghosts, aliens, languages, creation, the existance of pure evil in this world, out of body experiences, the pyramid technology existant in Egypt and south America - the list goes on and on. I posted from a secular site on scientific anomalies - there were thousands of them, but if you are a Bible believing Christian, these anomalies simply fit.

Knowing what I know now, I believe it would take more faith to simply abandon all of this knowledge and become an athiest whose answers to so many things are so inadequate.

Yes, there are some big questions that we may not be able to answer, but you may not be able to either. That's where faith does step in. I don't feel like it takes a great deal of faith anymore to believe in God because he has given us so many of the answers to the questions he knew that humans would ask,, and for that very reason, I do have great faith in God.

And as stated, on every place on earth, man is worshipping something. I believe that God created us to be spiritual beings. If you don't have faith that God created the world, then you must have great faith in extremely remote possibilities and millions of very lucky accidents. Have you ever studied the statistics that would require the universe to be what it is today, including the complexities of life, if it were left on its own with zero intervention as a peice of dirt that somehow spiraled in from somewhere in the universe?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

I'll quickly answer about the sun. We know the sun exists, we know it's properties and the properties of the universe it is in. Therefore we are able to make a prediction on what will happen. However, there is no evidence, let alone proof, of God and we don't know he nature (otherwise we could make predictions based on it, and many predictions have been made, and they've all been wrong ... that's why Jews and later Christians have been waiting a good 5000 years for the world to end, even though the end is 'nigh').

Evidence of God is all around you. Look outside. Have you looked at the probabilities that this could all happen through random chance and mutations which are most often deleterious?

The God you have isn't loving. Actually, depending on how literally you take the bible, he's a downright (edit) (read the old testament ... and there's plenty in the new testament as well). Two quick examples:

1) Adam and Eve: A complete set up! God put the tree of knowledge in the garden of Eden. Now this is downright cruel considering

1.1) God is omniscient, therefore he knew Adam and Eve would eat from it.

1.2) God made the snake, which seduced them to do it

1.3) He put the tree there in the first place. If you loved your child, would you put him in a room full of toys and everthing else he would enjoy and put a cyanide tablett in his reach and point out that he shouldn't eat it. Or would you not put the tablett there in the first place (free will is not an argument ... especially if you believe in God's omniscience, which you have to, otherwise the apocolypse scene is hypothetical and all of the prophecies are rendered irrelevant)

1.4) Mankind has to suffer eternally for two people that screwed up. Is that fair? Would you consider it fair, if you were put to death for a crime you great great great great ... great great grerat grandfather did. NO! That's stupid.

2) To get to your example, Jesus Christ: The story makes no sense. God is all powerful, but he has to kill Jesus to forgive mankind. Who makes the rules? God created the man knowing that he would go against his will (I point out that free will AND determanism can't coexist) and then he has to punish us for his mistake and furthermore can only forgive us with a really illogical plot?

There's more to this than you're mentioning. satan, for reasons we don't know had been given a certain amount of power over the earth. I can speculate all day and night as to why this might be but as stated, we'll eventually know everything about it. As stated in my post above, Christianity gives far more answers than athiesm does.

God has provided many answers. He's provided a fairly exhaustive manual for living here on earth. Read it with an open mind and talk to God and ask Him to reveal himself to you. If you do this with an honest heart, God will know that you are sincere and He will answer.

Hello,

Let me be straightfoward: I'm an atheist and despite years of christian schooling, I have always been rather skeptical about Christianity and other religions. I would consider myself a fair person and debater, so I think it would be great if we could discuss theological questions in a fair manner (none of the "You're going to hell!" or equal "You're a stupid Christian" stuff). I'm certain there have been plenty of predecessors that have tried this, but I would genuinly like to know what makes 'you people' tick.

Ratio,

I like the tone of your post (for whatever that is worth)...

If you truly would like to know what makes a subset of thinking Christians tick -- check out the following links:

1. Is it rational to believe in God?

2. Time, Infinity and God

3. The Big Bang - does it point to God?

4. The Fine-Tuned Universe

5. Is it possible - that there is a God?

6. Beauty in Science - does it point to God?

Cordially,

John