• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

They dumped a lot of jobs but do you think the CEO will be taking a pay cut?

LOL, miracles have not ceased; twice in the same thread Most High and I agree! :help:

When I sat in on that broadcast last year, they were talking of how they were cutting positions and all of this business. I'm sitting there thinking most of the way through the whole thing, "no, it's not that you're interested in customer service. You are interested in lining your pocket book even further is all that it amounts to."

After all of that, we were called in, every associate this time, for something called "Winning Together." It was this big pep talk from the CEO of the company and he's saying how that it hurts how they've said goodby to quality employees, it's never easy, but we're going to move forward. He then proceeds to tell us in this videotape that to celebrate "Winning Together" we are going to be given a budget so that we can have pizza parties at various times through the year! :huh: Wow! I don't think pizza parties are going to do much for people who either lost their jobs or had their hours reduced.

Now our DM is telling us that JCP wants to be named the best company to work for. They asked all associates to take a survey and rate the company in various areas on stuff such as the job paying enough, benefit plans being fair, etc. If they take the initiative and actually listen to what the associates are saying, things might get better, but as y'all know I'm from Missouri, so you've gotta Show-Me! :shocked:

Edited for typos

Edited by Ronald

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  428
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Thank You Kindly, Bernie & AK. :)

My mom filled my head with stories of the South Korea she left behind...the one with dirt roads, dirt floors and bicycles. When she came to the US :blink: to stay with her sister, she met my dad while working in a bakery. To hear her tell it, he had a real car, an actual bank account with some money in it(probably would make me laugh if I knew the amount :cool:, especially because of the rate of inflation :o ), and when he took her to Mc Donald's for hamburgers, he just seemed like he was some kind of a king :). The hamburgers were so odelicious to her. She says she had never tasted anything like them before. How she grew up, she explains, is that they would have meat maybe 1 to 2 times a month, in some soup, and it was soo delicious and a very special treat. Oh, how I wish you could hear her accent...Hyundi, Dewoo, and KIA :taped: ...now that definately does sound Korean. :);):P Aye ya... :P !

God Bless, :huh:

Mrs. SE

I have been to Korea several years ago, it is no longer the rural dirt road country it once was. Korea now has the worlds second largest steel mill (Second only to one in Russia), Something like the worlds third largest shipyard, and may other industries. One interesting proverb was on the arch to the entrance for the Steel mill wich read

"Imagination is boundless, recources are limited"

I won't go into the whole story here, but my oma told me these stories when I was in my mid twenties. Having been first born and raised in the US, I couldn't imagine a life lived like this, even though by our standards, we were considered poor, and to some extent, I bought into to this mentality... :cool: . When my oma told me these stories, I found myself thinking about how worldly and foolish my mindset was. I needed to see that I do not deserve anything good from the Lord. In fact, had I been in the wilderness for fourty years with the Isrealites with that mentality, I would of certainly been one of those grumbling against the Lord for my portion, instead of thanking Him for my deliverance and the manna that rained down from heaven. Aye ya... :24: .

Peace, :)

Mrs. SE

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

As I have been reading, the "Big three" have been lobbying the government for a very long time to not impose a higher minimum MPG rating. Why is that? It's more than likely that the major oil companies have also been lobbying to maintain status quo on fuel economy as well. Just look at Exxons profit last year. Now the government is considering taxing what it considers "excessive profits" by large oil companies. In truth, it is time for the government to step in and "raise the bar" since the car makers are reluctant to. There has always been, somewhat of a joke, saying that the automobile industry gets kickbacks from the oil companies to keep fuel economy as low as possible without drawing criticism from or attention from the government. These days its becomming more and more believable. There are also rumors, if not conspiracy theories, that big oil and the big 3 have been forcefully been buying patents to any and every technology that would improve motor vehicle fuel efficiency. This too becomes more believable as the decades slip by with little to no advancement in these areas. So little advancement, in fact, that it apears as though it is, indeed, deliberate.