EricH

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Did anyone happen to see the show on the Rapture that was on the Discovery Channel last night???

No didn't watch it. But would not watch anything that the TV shows on The Bible, since they are only showing it to implant doubts into people of Faith. I do watch it to see other shows tough. But in Biblionics they are far back, they intentionatly are bias toward The Bible. They always have a ready made natural answer, or a rebuttal for everything that the Bilble has. I saw The One they did on Jericho, and they said it could of just be a natural earthquake, that was enough to change the channel. I don't think they understand the Basics of Faith, which is a Beilieve in a Supernatural Majestic God, who could do anything without having to explain it. Nowadays we have to be really careful of Doctrines which are contrary to Scriptures, the Bible makes it clear that that is what's gonna happen in the last days, people will have tickling ears, and will not hold God in their knowledge, which means that they will not have regard if God has anything to do with what's going on. I wonder what they are gonna do when the findings just get bigger and weirder, and the signs cannot be explained away by human logic reasoning. But since I didn't see it, I cannot say that I agree or disagree, so I cannot make a true critique. What was discussed?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Did anyone happen to see the show on the Rapture that was on the Discovery Channel last night???

Oooooh, darn. :taped: I would love to have seen that. If you happen to notice that it's going to be on again will you shoot me a pm or post in this thread?

Thanks!!

Tap

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57

I will, I only cuaght a brief glimpse as was wondering where they landed

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I have my TV show set up to record all the "Bible Mysteries" series, that way I can watch them at my pace with my Bible in hand.

I have about 5 or 6 on there right now waiting for me to kick back this weekend and watch till my little hearts content.

Did you see the one about the Prophets? It was really very interesting.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

I have a tv but only for DVDs... I don't have local or cable channels at all. I would have enjoyed watching their Rapture show though, to see what they did with it!

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Found it!

The Rapture

Hmm . . . looks like it's on the Discovery Times Channel - whatever that is!

I know I've already posted alittle but actually I have the "On Demand" thing taping Mysteries of the Bible, Decoding the Past, and one other one, can't remember the name right now, but its usually about the Bible. I just watched a really good one called "Jesus, the Man". Also one about the Prophets, and the one about Mary, another about the Gospels. I'm going to watch the one about the "Old Testament prophecies about Israel" later on tonight. Are they all 100% correct, no I don't think so and some of them leave me with a feeling of being alittle left of center, but most of them are really good.

I haven't seen that one yet Reb. Like I said, some of them come across sightly left of center on certain things.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

I asked a friend with TiVo to tape it for me since I don't have television channels. We looked at the Discovery Channel's website and it was listed to be on many times.... just not in my area, at all.

Reb, of course it was from a secular stand-point. It was done by the secular media. :thumbsup: I wouldn't expect a full-throttle Christian or Biblical perspective on the subject from them. Still, it would be interesting to see what the world makes of it. If no other good thing comes from it, it lets the unbelieving world who saw it know that Jesus is returning. :crazy: