Catsmeow

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

I was reading my daily devotions in "Our Daily Bread" and one particular devotion stood out. I reminded me of a moderator here at Worthy Boards who sent me a PM that lifted my soul out of the pit, when I was at my lowest point.

Excerpt from Our Daily Bread, by Haddon Robinson

A young minister cherished a note he received from a busy architect in his congregation. The letter said simply, "Your sermon met me where I was on Sunday - at the crossroad of confusion and hurt. Thanks for preaching it!"

Those 20 words met the pastor where he lived-at the intersection of discouragement and pain-and encouraged him to keep on in the ministry. The note took less than 4 minutes to write.

Can you think of someone who needs a word of encouragement, thanks, or a reminder that you're praying for him or her? "Walk in love" to the mailbox today.

Thanks to Dave and the many kind-hearted brethren who've lifted me up from the pit. The Jesus in you is showing...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Wow. Has anyone else been lifted up by the kindness of brethren? It's so cool when brethren dwell in unity and live out Christ.

We see so much "controversy" these days and maybe "controversy sells" but for me, it's good to focus on the living example of Christ and live with a grateful heart.

I guess I've just seen so much of of God's outpouring these last few days....(I know there's ups and downs) but God has truly been working overtime. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I'm not always that great at expressing what people mean to me, so I will just say, "Ditto!" to what you said about Dr. Luke.

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/25/1951

When it comes to Dr. Luke I for one must totally agree. He has most deffinately found his calling with Our Lord. I always make a point of searching out his wisdom in his replys here at Worthy even if his words are not for me personally they always pick me up when I need it the most. I hope he stays around here for many years to come.

May You & Yours Be Blessed Always!!

Kooltat