• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/22/1981

I was just wondering how many people in this forum go to BSF international? (BSF= Bible Study Fellowship)

I currently attend the Adelaide, Australia mens group on a monday night at 6:50pm....

Website is: www.bsfinternational.org

For those who dont know them they are non denominational and ONLY study the Bible! so any denomination is welcome! I went for 3wks trial and now am starting my second year!

looking forward to hearing from fellow BSFers out there,

Andrew

PS. Hope i have posted this in the correct topic area.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Andrew,

I did not want this to go by with no response. Sometimes you just have to recycle it a few times so that everyone has a chance to read it. It is called "bumping" the subject back to the top.

I have been in BSF previously, but not for many years. It is an excellent program if someone really wants to dig deep into the word of God and has the time to do a lot of independent study using concordances, dictionaries, commentaries, etc.

There was one time in my life when all I was really seeking was fellowship and more sharing about what we were getting out of the word for our own lives and I took a BSF course, but it was not what I was looking for. I had studied the Bible many years and did not feel the need at that particular time in my life for that indepth of a study. Other times I have enjoyed very indepth studies.

I say this, because if anyone is considering BSF, I wanted to explain what it was so that he or she would know going into it that it is very indepth and intense - in other words, it is a spiritual work-out!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  08/15/1958

I attended BSF from September 2004 until May 2005. The course of study was "Acts of the Apostles". I had read the Bible on my own but had never been in a formal study. It was a new experience for me, to say the least.

I say this, because if anyone is considering BSF, I wanted to explain what it was so that he or she would know going into it that it is very indepth and intense - in other words, it is a spiritual work-out!

It's designed so that you answer questions on a daily basis, so there is a lot of reading involved. It's a good study if you have the time for it. I went on Tuesday nights. It was a fifty-mile round trip. Worth every mile of it.