• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

What qualities/behaviors set you apart from the non-Christians?  Your "salt" hasn't lost its flavor has it?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  396
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  09/26/1961

Read the prayer request section to see what's up in MY workplace. I feel like I'm being torn in half.

What do you do when one claiming to be Christian turns out to be a sadistic bully on a power trip?

I did what our Lord would do. I took it.

But Now I wonder if he's even a Christian at all. He never apologized for what he did to me.

Anyhoo, on your original question--my faith is showing now more than ever before, because those I work with heard what he did and saw how I reacted. :noidea:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I don't think you can tell a difference.

I mean, if you lined 50 students from my school up in a straight line.. You couldn't possibly pick the Christians out from the lost.

And some people that are atheist are just as nice..

I'm not sure.  I know it SHOULD show. And to an extent, I'm sure it DOES.  I mean, I talk about the Bible with other Christians, and I'm sure that others hear it.. But I feel like if I walk up to -them- and start talking about it they'll think I'm trying to "force" my religion on them.

Ashley :noidea:

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  396
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  09/26/1961

But talking about Him just to other Christians is not what He wants. "Preaching to the choir", as it were, ahem...

Jesus didn't hang out with the good guys--He went where He was needed. He will give you the strength when you need it. Let Him speak through you.

Once you do it once, you will never stop. The most AWESOME feeling in the world is knowing that you've helped someone else to find His love!!!

Start slowly, and don't just approach strangers! Start with your lost friends. Just invite them to church or a youth outing. Something small, then work your way from there! :noidea:

Read the prayer request section to see what's up in MY workplace. I feel like I'm being torn in half.

What do you do when one claiming to be Christian turns out to be a sadistic bully on a power trip?

I did what our Lord would do. I took it.

But Now I wonder if he's even a Christian at all. He never apologized for what he did to me.

Anyhoo, on your original question--my faith is showing now more than ever before, because those I work with heard what he did and saw how I reacted. :noidea:

Honestly, that's a hard question for me to answer.   For one I don't know all the variables involved in your situation.  What makes this individual a "bully"?   Have you ever talked to him about his Christian fellowship?  Do you draw a line of responsibility between work and fellowship?  Why do you feel as if you're being "torn in half"?  What was it he needed to apologize to you about?

I don't think you can tell a difference.

I mean, if you lined 50 students from my school up in a straight line.. You couldn't possibly pick the Christians out from the lost.

And some people that are atheist are just as nice..

Are you speaking for yourself?

• 6 months later...

Honesty is the best policy!  GOD already knows the truth...what about you? :noidea:

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  316
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Do you blend in-if so, your not doing what God asked.  He said, we are to be a different sort, Does your language reflect the Love of Christ?, There are ways in which we are different, even if we don't "preach" all the time.  I've had lots of people at work apologize for swearing in front of me, even if I never said anything about my Lord.  Does your dress reflect modesty?  These days the light and darkness are very seperate-the world is such a dark place, your light will show.  The darkness is getting deeper and deeper.

Which should make your light brighter and BRIGHTER!  Excellent post  BHG!!  I definitely agree with everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING you said.

I'd love to be able at this time to say I fit perfectly well into every area you mentioned, but the truth of the matter is I'm not.  However, our FATHER is doing a work in me while at work in order for me to acknowledge my shortcomings.  We're not perfect within ourselves, but we are in CHRIST, which means we'll always be under construction as we venture through this way.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

ByHisGrace....

After you mentioned people apologizing for swearing in front you...I have too...funny but I never thought too much of it until now....I have never witnessed to these people...so I guess I must show something special (love of Jesus) about me for that to happen and so must you!! :noidea:

GOD IS AWESOME!!

love and blessings to all here,

Angel H.