• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

You show me one place where I have despised prophesy.

I find it interesting that most people find offense to any questions that are asked.

I asked a perfectly understandable question and everyone gets defensive.

I even get asked if I am breaking scripture.

I have neither "despised" NOR "tested".

I asked a simple question as to why we have modern day prophets when the Bible already tells us what is going to happen.

My question could have been answered in 2 or 3 sentences and I would have said "oh, that's why, thank you".

But no, accusations come flying instead.

Thanks for helping me to understand better.

I'm so glad I asked.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Question

"Did anyone read the Narnia books?"

Answer

It's witch craft and evil, how dare you even touch such a blah blah blah"

Now did I get an answer?

No, I got judgement.

Question;

"Is tithing an old testament law?"

Answer

"Stop cheating God out of what is His blah blah blah"

Now did I get an answer?

No, I got judgement

I can go on and on but you get the idea.

Is it so difficult to answer a question?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

I find it interesting that most people find offense to any questions that are asked.

I asked a simple question as to why we have modern day prophets when the Bible already tells us what is going to happen.

My question could have been answered in 2 or 3 sentences and I would have said "oh, that's why, thank you".

I'm so glad I asked.

Giaour,

I did not attack you. I did not accuse you. I carefully, respectfully, and thoughtfully answered your question. My response was long, because I was giving careful thought to what you wanted to know. If I did not respect you, I would not have taken the time to respond. I don't think the person you are accusing of accusing you of despising prophesy said that you were doing that, either. I think the question was posed, "Are you despising prophecy?" I think that was an appropriate question, and all you had to do was answer, "no," and then give an explanation as to how your comments were not despising prophecy. Please don't feel attacked, ok? I did not see anyone attacking you. We want to understand you. I don't know what you mean about the narnia references. You must be referring to another site, unless I just missed something. Please go back and read my response to your question. And, then if you want to discuss it, we can.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I'm so glad I asked.

I am quoting 1 Thessalonians 5:20,21 when I say do not "despise" but "test".

1 Thessalonians 5:20,21

20 Do not despise prophecies. 21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

You had a question...it was directly answered. I did not take any other routes as you are trying to convey. No, what you are offended by is that you think I am accusing you of whether you have despised prophecy or not. The examples you have provided after this indicate that I "answered your questions in a different roundabout, judgemental way". No, I didnt...I answered your question straightforward.

Now that you understand prophecy; In the end I asked you that question: [Giaour, "do not despise prophecy" rather "prove and test it". Are you despising or testing?] If you feel that I have been accusing you then are you willing to pray for me? Fellowship with the Lord and see what He reveals concerning this matter.

Edited by felix

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

These "prophesies" are hardly anything new.

Revelations and other books in the Bible clearly state what is going to happen.

Why do we need modern day "prophets" when everything we need to know is already wriiten down in the word of God?

You say you neither "tested" nor "despised" anything...you just had a question. Why is it then you FIRST declare "These 'prophesies' are hardly anything new."?

Are these prophecies hardly anything new? Show us how.

Guest Museed

Pardon The Intrusion, but I have to reply to this mistaken saying that Prophecy is no longer needed, or Prophets are no More? But Scriptures says Clearly That Prophecy is one of Gifts of The Spirit. And that God will use this as one of The Things in The Last Days. It is True The Sayings, A Prophet has no Honor in his Land. And I'm not talking about the false ones, or the cult making ones that twist Scripture. In The Old days when The Old Testament Prophet use to bring The Message to the Masses, they were scoffed, ridicule, imprisoned, and killed. Sort of What's beginning to happen nowadays. No wonder The 2 Witnesses of Revelation are killed, and everybody has a party afterwards, that is until they are resurected, and taken to Heaven in front of everybody's eyes. Some People nowadays have tickling ears. Yes Prophetic events are in The Bible. But God always has a Watchman. Now I would be doing a great disservice if without knwing I would judge somebody like the poster for giving a warnig. One that would be False Witness because I wasn't there to say if the person did, or didn't have a prophetic dream. Two, scripture supports that in The Last days God will pour out his spirit, and people young to old will have prophetic visions, and dreams. So by ridiculing, or putting down a person for prophecysing without knowing The Facts, will put me right against Scripture.

I too has had many events happened to me in the dream, and vision category. Which I think was crazy, since I too used to be in The Scoffer category. When the Bible proved me wrong, and then started happening to me, I became a believer. And I used to share this with whoever wanted to hear it. But I no longer post, or talk about it. I simply just write them down on my notebook, or the computer. If God for some reason wants to open mu mouth, he will surely let me know. God does still speak to his people even today, but faith is a requirement.

I too has had many events happened to me in the dream, and vision category. Which I think was crazy, since I too used to be in The Scoffer category. When the Bible proved me wrong, and then started happening to me, I became a believer. And I used to share this with whoever wanted to hear it. But I no longer post, or talk about it. I simply just write them down on my notebook, or the computer. If God for some reason wants to open mu mouth, he will surely let me know. God does still speak to his people even today, but faith is a requirement.

Museed,

Thank you for sharing that. You are so right! He is speaking loud and clear. The question remains, "Are we listening?"

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

I'm so glad I asked.

The Word of God tells us that there will be prophets ( sons and daughters propheciing )

the Spirit of God will be poured out on all of us... men, women, free and servants, all of His children...

the Bible does tell us all that we need to know..... and God uses His children to reiterate what has already been written and spoken.... God also uses Watchmen to sound the alarm should a need arise....

a need has arisen, a need for repentance.... and the watchmen have spoken, and the people have ignored the warnings....

mike

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I read a testimony about a group of Armenians who left Armenia (pre-Soviet days) from a prophetic word that they needed to leave before disaster came. This prophetic word also gave them directions for where to immigrate to where they would be safe (the person who gave the prophecy didn't know world geography ver well, either, but accurately detailed where to go).

Not long after the group left, the ones who stayed behind because they didn't believe the prophetic word to be a word from the Lord were massacred by an invading army.

Are prophets still needed? I'd say so.

I had another dream this morning. I was not feeling well when I woke up, so I did not immediately write it down. This is what I remember of it:

There was a bad guy and his wife who came in our space, whatever that space was, and decided to take over. They had some kind of a weapon that sprayed a chemical of some sort that ate away at everything it touched. The bad guy was bullying his way around when I came up to him, tapped him on the shoulder and said, "I am not afraid of you, because you have lost and God has already won!" Then, I woke up. I really feel like the bad guy was Satan or one of his representatives.