>> Hannah <<

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Anyone suffer from or has suffered from low self esteem?

interested in some practical ways of fighting it and also what god has to say about it?

i dont want to be told its wrong because i already know that.

i just see no good in myself, how can i be a good witness to god if i hate myself and feel i cant do anything of worth.

this will probably turn out to be a rubbish post and people will be like, just get over yourself which is fair enough, but trust me this is a serious problem i have, its the only feeling i can always remember being there.

who put it there? or have i caused it myself?

"how can i be a good witness to god if i hate myself and feel i cant do anything of worth."

The devil will do anything to keep you from fulfilling the purpose the Lord has already set for you. Do not believe what you are thinking in your head. Deny this feeling. These are false feelings and false thoughts. If these are keeping you from serving God and to think that way then this is surely something Satan is trying to do.

You have been crucified; you are dead in Christ. You live by a new life now...you are a new creation that belongs not in this world but in the world to come where we will be fully glorfied in our spirit, soul, and finally body.

We do not need to take heed of the esteem from others or ourselves. We can look forward to the esteem of God.

You can overcome this problem! It is by Christ in you.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/06/1987

wow. thanks to everyone who has posted. i got some stuff to share later, after ive been to my joyful sociology lesson xx god bless you all xx

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

I think Dad Ernie was looking for this:

Phi 2:3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

I think Dad Ernie was looking for this:

Phi 2:3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

Thank you Sheya. That is precisely the verse I was looking for. What version is that verse from?

KJV. That's the version my 'mental concordance' works best in. (But I used E-Sword to find and post it.)

Thanks Sheya, I have E-Sword, but didn't think to use it. I used another Bible program.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/06/1987

i just cant break the cycle and i know im not being asked to do it on my own and that with god anything is possible. but i have proved myself myself this week thru talking to another worthy member that i can see good in me. or at least i can accept why people see good in me. but ive sunk right down the bottome again and the suicidal thoughts and self hatred and self harm are all bak now.

i have been feeling this way for my whole life, the world and society have drummed and etched these feelings in to my life and it just feels so unfair that they did it without me even having a choice at such a young age to fight them, i was told i was bad so i believed it and lived up to their expectation of me. My relationship with god is not strong and my personality has a tendency to go for the quick fixes and i kno this is a worldly way and that god doesnt do quick fixes, but he does give us what feel like such complez choices and promises yet wen explained theres a realisation that they are irreducible. I just get myself into such a mess that i run and run from god. knowing full well he will be there right behind me waiting for me to take that one step bak even tho i feel tho as tho ive walked a billion miles from him.

as you can see i know exactly where im going wrong. but i cannot trust in god, its sounds awful i know, but for me its how i feel, i cant just give it all to god. ive fought it on my own for so long that although i would love to change and be the woman god wants me to be, for me i feel as though i have no future so striving to make myself better feels totally pointless. screwed up is the word your looking for.sorry if anything i have said offends anyone. just remember im not saying how i feel is right.

i need help

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

i just cant break the cycle and i know im not being asked to do it on my own and that with god anything is possible. but i have proved myself myself this week thru talking to another worthy member that i can see good in me. or at least i can accept why people see good in me. but ive sunk right down the bottome again and the suicidal thoughts and self hatred and self harm are all bak now.

i have been feeling this way for my whole life, the world and society have drummed and etched these feelings in to my life and it just feels so unfair that they did it without me even having a choice at such a young age to fight them, i was told i was bad so i believed it and lived up to their expectation of me. My relationship with god is not strong and my personality has a tendency to go for the quick fixes and i kno this is a worldly way and that god doesnt do quick fixes, but he does give us what feel like such complez choices and promises yet wen explained theres a realisation that they are irreducible. I just get myself into such a mess that i run and run from god. knowing full well he will be there right behind me waiting for me to take that one step bak even tho i feel tho as tho ive walked a billion miles from him.

as you can see i know exactly where im going wrong. but i cannot trust in god, its sounds awful i know, but for me its how i feel, i cant just give it all to god. ive fought it on my own for so long that although i would love to change and be the woman god wants me to be, for me i feel as though i have no future so striving to make myself better feels totally pointless. screwed up is the word your looking for.sorry if anything i have said offends anyone. just remember im not saying how i feel is right.

i need help

being a simplistic lil' Christian, i have found that anything dealing with depression, (this is that)- is IMMEDIATELY CONQUERED, as soon as you commit to truly helping someone else.

works EVERYTIME, AND your 'self-esteem' will go through the roof.

ciao'

i need help

Greetings Hannah,

The Pharisees knew what was right, but they too refused to trust Jesus as their deliverer, The Messiah, which was prophesied long, long ago. You have done things your way for so long, that you refuse to become vulnerable and allow Jesus to bring hope, love and healing to you. This is HIS promise to you, for HE is our "Peace", our "Wisdom", our everything. It is in HIM, you can put your total trust, and when you do, you WILL become the woman God wants you to be. You have the "choice". Consider:

Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

This IS YOUR CHOICE! You want peace, seek Jesus. You want understanding and wisdom, seek Jesus. You want love that the world cannot understand, seek Jesus.

Pray

Study the Word of God

Get into a good Christian Fellowship

Put YOUR eyes upon Jesus

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  682
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

being a simplistic lil' Christian, i have found that anything dealing with depression, (this is that)- is IMMEDIATELY CONQUERED, as soon as you commit to truly helping someone else.

works EVERYTIME, AND your 'self-esteem' will go through the roof.

ciao'

This is awesome advice! So simple and so true.