IGNORED

Questions that won't stop bothering me...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/04/1988

How can I know that God really exists?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  49

no problem there my friend. where shall we start-?

i have lived my life searching for any TRUE flaw in the WORD. there are none. as-such everything stated can be verified elsewhere, (with even, or ESPECIALLY PAGAN resources)- that should be telling you something...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  01/31/1977

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

My question to u is- what kind of proof are you looking for? I mean, there are no pictures, no birth certificate, no papers that HE himself wrote by HIS own hand. The only thing that there is, is this world, you and me and all the animals, and the fact that EVERY tribe, every human, every person, seeks to answer the questions u just asked!

There Is however, eye witness testimony! It's called the Bible. There are guys in there that SWORE by their very lives that Jesus was the son of God. Guys that all wrote the same account of what they saw, at differet times, to different people, and it all matches up. After meeting this man (JESUS ) they changed their lives so much that the only thing that can explain it is they were convinced without a doubt that God was real. That he came, did miricles, said there was a God, taught about this GOD that created us, and died so that we could go and be with Him again. Jesus is proof that there is a God.

Then, there is the fact that u can't explain the world any other way! It's like trying to explain the egg without talking about the chicken. And by the way, eggs wont hatch without a chicken to sit on them and keep them warm. So the chicken had to come first- Hmm.. Who created the chicken- God.

I think of it this way. Fish, they live their lives right there under the water and they have NO CLUE that we are up here running the world. WE are changing the water they live in, we are changing the environment, the air, even the food that they eat. but we are. And just because they never see us, doesn't make us less here. And occassionally we yank one of those fish out of the water, look at him, talk to him, say we are not ready for him, he is too small, and we throw him back. I imagine that if that fish could talk he would tell everyone- hey there is something else up there, and all the other fish would say. Man he must be crazy. lol.

All I can say is, once i stopped fighting trying to find God - I found him. and i have this "peace" that all those crazy chrisitans talk about.

Good luck in u r search!

Hope this helps!

CoachPurse

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  10/14/1962

Hmmmmmmmm Let's see :whistling: ,

Well, the simplest answer I could give would be "because He does".

But in fairness, that would only be speaking of the absolute certainty that I have that He exists. For many years I searched out "answers" to many of the questions that arise when it comes to God and those who have inhabited this planet before us. Everything from ancient races to extra-terrestrials right through the study of other "religions" trying to find out the big "what is going on here!?!?"

These explorations and studies still always left questions unanswered that could only be answered with "theories" or "speculation". I was not looking for "possibilities", I needed FACTS. But the difference for me I guess was that I held a belief in God in my heart the whole time. I was just on a mission trying to connect everything in life as we know it to have it make sense to me. I know that God let me wear myself out searching, and I continually asked His forgiveness, as I was not doubting Him, just trying to understand better.

And then my clarity came, and with it, my peace about it.

What I came to realize was that it was my ego that demanded answers for everything. Being of a rational mind, and from a semi-intellectual family, I assumed that EVERYTHING had a definite answer. My realization was that some things in this life simply defy explanation. Not everything can be proven, regardless of the scientific or philosophic "theory" used to prove or disprove anything. I then began to look around me at nature, the sky, animals, birds, the stars, my hands, my eyeballs, and on and on and on.

The utter perfection of life, it's rhythms, and it's systems are so absolutely indescribable and intricate, it simply cannot be some act of random happenings. God made this world, and us, and everything else that goes with it. Because we choose to question this gift does not make Him go away or any less credible for that matter. But when we think we are smart enough to comprehend EXACTLY who and what God is, and explain it, we are just so absolutely incapable. When Christ returns and brings us home to our Father in Heaven, and we eventually see "what eye has not seen and ear has not heard", only then will we know the truth.

I pray you peace, mercy, and grace on your quest for the answer to your question.

in His service

TC

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Paul responded to this question directly in Romans chapter 1.

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

Romans 1:18-20 NASB

Paul's logic is that God is justified in condemning the unbelieving world because the fact of His existence is made clear through the creation order.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  49

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

Paul's logic is that God is justified in condemning the unbelieving world because the fact of His existence is made clear through the creation order.

a degre different in the universe-we wouldn't exist

a degree closer to the sun, we wouldn't exist

one further, and we wouldn't exist

if the other planets in our system were off a fraction, we wouldn't exist

if the air-quality, water purifaction, weather,geology, rotaion of the earth, the sun's temperature, the earths temperature,the gravitatiopnal forces, magenetic, electrical, thermo-voltaic, thermal-ractive, quantity of resources, adaptation of the human physic, our ability to heal,reproduce, any of these altered one iota, and we cease to exist.

i have the greatest faith, of any man i've met- reams of resources PROVING my faith.

However, i would be quick to point-out, that ANY PAGAN has GREATER FAITH, in what he cannopt prove- compoared to me, and what i CAN prove.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

a degre different in the universe-we wouldn't exist

a degree closer to the sun, we wouldn't exist

one further, and we wouldn't exist

if the other planets in our system were off a fraction, we wouldn't exist

if the air-quality, water purifaction, weather,geology, rotaion of the earth, the sun's temperature, the earths temperature,the gravitatiopnal forces, magenetic, electrical, thermo-voltaic, thermal-ractive, quantity of resources, adaptation of the human physic, our ability to heal,reproduce, any of these altered one iota, and we cease to exist.

i have the greatest faith, of any man i've met- reams of resources PROVING my faith.

However, i would be quick to point-out, that ANY PAGAN has GREATER FAITH, in what he cannopt prove- compoared to me, and what i CAN prove.

Wow...You're a pretty great guy. :noidea:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Here are some things which may help you:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/

http://www.nwcreation.net/evolutionfraud.html

http://www.biblegems.org/historicity_of_Jesus.html

http://biblia.com/jesusbible/prophecies.htm

I also suggest a video called The Exodus Revealed or a book called The Exodus Case. (available at Ebay or Amazon)

;)

James

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Meditate on this word....

FAITH

Read 1 Peter 1:7