shanbopop

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

That the bibles contents are plaguerized when it comes to the life of Christs.Based on the similiaritees of Christs and Osiris-Dionysus .Such as he claims:

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  39

It is impossible for the Word Of God to plaguarise anything. It is Gods Word,Truth. It is only Satan who is the deciever and makes second rate versions of the truth.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Oh really? And what book about Osiris-Dionysus did that idea come from? The Bible itself nobody can destroy it. In the past, people tried to burn it, prosecute those who read it, but the Bible still stands still, and it's still the #1 best-selling book in the world of all time. The words of the true God nobody can prevent it. Even if they can, there are people who remember the verses, and they can combine together the Bible. One old lady my little brother witnessed remember the whole book of Genesis as she spoke it aloud in a Bible study group, and I don't doubt that there are many others who remember more books in the Bible. Truth will prevail no matter what :noidea: .

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  57

Thats exactly what i said!I said it may be so that people believed and claimed some guy named Osirus did these things but it is Christs that people have been led to and still believe in and talk about two thousand years later.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  49

Oh really? And what book about Osiris-Dionysus did that idea come from? The Bible itself nobody can destroy it. In the past, people tried to burn it, prosecute those who read it, but the Bible still stands still, and it's still the #1 best-selling book in the world of all time. The words of the true God nobody can prevent it. Even if they can, there are people who remember the verses, and they can combine together the Bible. One old lady my little brother witnessed remember the whole book of Genesis as she spoke it aloud in a Bible study group, and I don't doubt that there are many others who remember more books in the Bible. Truth will prevail no matter what :noidea: .
there is nothing that God has done, that Satan won't copy, (or hasn't)-

Satan knew how he was gonna lose his usurped kingdom. Plagerising God is all he knows...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

shanbopop, I'm not positive its been years since I read those fables but the only thing I remember for sure is that Osiris was killed by his brother, his body dismembered and and Osiris's wife Isis gathered the pieces and put him back together and brought him back to life. I wouldn't swear to it, but I think your "friend" made up most of the other things he said prove the story was where the Bible came from.

• Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

This is an ingathering and conflating of many, many pagan myths about various deities I believe.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

First of all, it's true that Christianity does hold some similarities with some previous, pagan religions. I don't have alot of time to respond right now, but I learned about this a while back and I'll try to find my notes and post more later. But from what I remember, Osiris is supposedly an Egyptian god, while Dionysus was a Greek god (son of Zeus). Now that I think of it, those points you listed in the OP, I believe are a direct quote from a book written a few years ago called "The Jesus Mysteries" (i think) where this guy (or it might've been two) compared Christ to various other "dieties" and basically discredited Jesus as the true God based on these "similiarities". So...you might want to check your friend's source, or get ahold of this book in order to better understand where he is coming from.

But, I'll try to respond more fully later, for now I can remember this:

But there were also false prophets among the people even as there will be false teachers among you.....2 Peter 2:1

And many will follow their destructive ways...2 Peter 2:2

• Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Look, the Scripture tells us God has always had a voice among all peoples; so we should expect to see at least the remains of once great truths and prophetic hints and types throughout the pagan world too.

It was God attempting to point to His coming Son just as He did to Israel! I have a friend who is a Bishop in India, who often gains Hindu converts to Christ by showing them how the old Hindu texts even point in types and shadows to Jesus Christ.

There was a Baal worshiping sect mentioned in the Bible who 'knead their cakes to the queen of heaven.' This was a sect which reenacted Baal's death at the hands of his brother, Mot (death from where we get the Latin Morturos, Spanish muerto, etc). In this myth Baal had been hacked to bits, and the gods gathered his pieces and his blood and made sort of a 'deity soup'. Then by 'eating Baal's flesh and drinking his blood' (does that sound familiar?) they themselves carried on Baal's life. These worshippers of Baal-Tammuz ('tammuz' means 'one mourned for...') would use their bread and soup, or bread and wine to become 'partakers' of Baal's life force.

This is clearly typology of Christ......