• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Do you realize how detrimental this is to a Christians walk with God?

I believe that the "speaking in tongues" were foreign languages known to man.

Not jibberish that needs interpreted.

So, by someone saying that I have just blasphemed and it shall not be forgiven of me, why do I continue to follow Christ.?

By your standards, I am already dammed.

What is the use of me praying, going to church, repenting etc, if I am unable to be forgiven?

Well, I guess I'll just give up.

Do you see the problems with this kind of interpretation?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  01/30/1956

Do you realize how detrimental this is to a Christians walk with God?

I believe that the "speaking in tongues" were foreign languages known to man.

Not jibberish that needs interpreted.

So, by someone saying that I have just blasphemed and it shall not be forgiven of me, why do I continue to follow Christ.?

By your standards, I am already dammed.

What is the use of me praying, going to church, repenting etc, if I am unable to be forgiven?

Well, I guess I'll just give up.

Do you see the problems with this kind of interpretation?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  01/30/1956

:blink: Well we all agree on something here !

Is it Blasphemy or not? I'm beginning to wonder !

Some of you wrote well if this happened in the pass, it does'nt happen today.

Hold on their !

Doesn'ent the Word say God is the same yesterday, today, & forever ?

Would'nt that be the same with what we read from all the books of the Bible , it is our direction, our guild, on how to live, and hear from God.

So, saying something happened yesterday, over 2000 yrs; ago-----Would'nt you think that happens today ??

And tongues, the baptist, ( I'm not putting anyone down, don't take me the wrong way ),

I uses to be a catholic, when God, choosed me, i asked Him to come & dwell in my heart as my LORD and Savior, i left the catholic church, after i was married, i went to a baptist church,

with my husband, then we left again to go to the assemblies of God, we were both filled in the presence of God their, with gifts, tongues. My spouse friend is the local minister of the Baptist church, told my husband that tongues were of ERROR, after that my husband got us to leave the pentiscol church, rather than go to his friends church, which is VERY COLD, we went to A indenpent Baptist church,this minster said to us: that tongues are from the devil.

Talk about confused ! here i am. I been reading 1 Cor. 14, you will see all about tongues.as God said( sorry about that, meaning Paul, ) it was his desire for all of us to have a desire to speak in tongues! and desire for the rest of the gifts ! So, you see i still believe, i may go to that church, but in my heart i'm not baptist or such & such : I'm a child of God ! A Christian,

NOT Religion that man had a name for different denonamations religions. Man made religion not God. But back to the unforgiven sin : I do believe it can happen today ! If it did'nt then why do we follow God's word His Bible ? But like all of you wrote , it does make alot of sense.

i appericate what all of you wrote, it has helped me very much. Thankyou !!!!!

LOVE ONE ANOTHER , AS CHRIST HAS LOVED YOU ;)

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

The issue of the sign gifts has been a "bone of contention" for years. What I find ironic is that the very things that were intended to create unity and a spirit of service in the body of Christ, many times create a spirit of contention. There are 2 extremes that are equally unbiblical in my view:

1. Accusing those who believe in the sign gifts of being tools of Satan

2. Accusing those who do not believe in the sign gifts of committing blasphemy of the Holy Spirit

Let's avoid accusatory statements and limit our comments to what scripture actually says

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

:blink: Exactly Eric. Well spoken.

Personally, I do NOT place limits on God and HIS ability to manifest HIMSELF in whatever form, whether it is through healing, tongues, or whatever

BUT, I also trust that Paul warned us to keep an open spiritual eye when he wrote, "And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light." 2 Cor 11:14

So how do we know the difference? The Spirit of God will testify and reveal the TRUTH. We are called to be like the Bereans and test everything we hear, see and experience.

• Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

May I steer this discussion in another direction for a moment?

Lets look at the High Office of the Holy Spirit in the Godhead.

His main role is to Reveal Jesus Christ to the comfortless.

Joh

• Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Wow,

God is Good. :wub: Halleluajh! Blessed be His Most Holy and Excellent name. :wub:

It seems Guys, that we were all posting at the same time. :wub::wub:

Peace,

Dave

Guest shiloh357

The ingredient that is missing in most people's definition of "Blasphemy" is the intent to injure. Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is a conscious purposeful act of injuring God's reputation. This does not cover the ignorance of extremists who mislabel supernatural manifestations. Even in their ignorance, they are not attempting to damage God's character/reputation. They are mistaken in an honest attempt to do what is right.

When Jesus was talking about "speaking agianst the Holy Spirit" it is clear to the unprejudiced reader, that He is referring to a conscious action, not one done in ignorance, is so often the case.

It not merely the act, but the intent of the heart that is at issue.

Guest shiloh357
Shiloh, you may be right about the ignorance factor. I cannot say one way or the other if someone must be knowingly commiting this sin to be guilty or not, since the Bible doesn't say.
Yes, the Bible does say. When the Bible uses the concept of blasphemy, it precludes the possibility that such a thing could be done in ignorance. Blasphemy is an act of open rebellion. It is completely intentional. It a deliberate act of shaking one's fist in the face of God in conscious defiance of Him.

The Bibles lays down the EXACT parameters of this sin, but some seem to want to broaden them to include what they want it to include. "Speaking against the Holy Spirit" is not different, but it occurs within the context and is simply a reiteration of the former. It is a conscious action, not something done in ignorance. Any unprejudiced reader of the Scripture can see it.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Acts 2

2. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

3. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

4. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

5. And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

6. Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

7. And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?

8. And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

9. Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,

10. Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,

11. Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

If they are not speaking in an actual language then it is jibberish.

Tell me the name of the language and where they speak it.

The miracle of tongues was that no matter what language people spoke, they HEARD their own natural born language.

Grunts, clicks, animal noises are not speaking in tongues as described in scripture.

I am going by scripture here so don't tell me I am blaspheming against the Holy Spirit.