IGNORED

Incredible!

JohnS

that is a troublesome thing......

Did he actually say to you that he and Benny GeHinna are best friends? Or did you infer that from something else?

for instance....I don't know if it would be a problem that he played at a Benny GeHinna event as long as it's not an endorsement of Benny GeHinna's teaching (can it be called that?)

But....more than that I would also see as problematic.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357
Just a note, I went to see Paul Wilbur in concert and found out from him that he is best friends with Benny Hinn.....Has any one ever heard him say that when they attended his concerts?

I do not like Benny Hinn....I will never go to another concert of Paul Wilburs again...

I would think that if he were "best friends" with Hinn, we would hear more about that. Does he perform at Hinn's healing crusades? We would hear about Paul Wilbur being on TBN and such. Benny Hinn is TBN's favorite son. If you are in good with Hinn, then you are in good with the Crouch's too. If Wilbur starts hosting TBN's "Praise The Lord" programs, we need to get really concerned. I will be praying that Paul Wilbur is not involved doctrinally with Hinn. If it turns out he is, I will be praying that God sends people to Wilbur to bring him out of that mire.

Yod: Yes Paul Wilbur did say this at his concert that he is best friends with Benny Hinn and he also said that he travels with Benny Hinn on occasion...Which when we were at the concert he said that he was going to meet up with Benny Hinn later that week to go on a cruise with him/concert....

Shiloh357: I don't know if he is involved with Benny Hinn's doctrine but I am hoping that he is not either...As for TBN I don't watch that station so I wouldn't know who or what is on. All I hear about TBN is the stories about the Crouch's, and some of the guests that have been on....

Guest shiloh357

One thing that I would like to see, is for Wilbur to get back to doing more Messianic Jewish music. It seems to me that He is going away from that, but I could be wrong. I would love to see an "Israel's Hope" reunion or something.

He certainly DID move away from that...mostly because his label, Integrity, holds so much control over his music and they are marketed to christians.

But things are about to change at Integrity..... :blink:

And Paul Wilbur realizes that he has lost some of his base and has actively been seeking more messianic congregations to play in...but has offended many of them over the financials in the past which makes it a hard road for hm.

If they hear about him being associated with Benny GeHinna it will be much harder!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

He certainly DID move away from that...mostly because his label, Integrity, holds so much control over his music and they are marketed to christians.

But things are about to change at Integrity..... :)

Who are they gonna start marketing to non-christians? Intergrity is Christian organization that makes Christian praise and worship music.

Are you saying that messianic music is not Christian? :wub:

Guest shiloh357

But things are about to change at Integrity..... :)

Who are they gonna start marketing to non-christians? Intergrity is Christian organization that makes Christian praise and worship music.

Are you saying that messianic music in not Christian? :wub:

No, that is not what he is saying.

Messianic Jewish music is a genre all to iteself inside the Chrisitan music scene. It has a different flavor, because it comes from a different culture, and attracts certain people who like that flavor of music.

Integrity's market is mainly for those who prefer to enjoy mainstream Christian praise and worship.

Paul Wilbur has strayed from his original base which has been the Messianic Jewish audience, and gone more into the mainstream. He is losing a lot by doing that. As Yod says he is realizing this, and is evidently trying to change that.

All I can say is that there "might" soon be more freedom for messianic music distributed by Integrity to sound messianic instead of mainstream christian.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it. :x: