• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

Well Yod, You better be sitting down, cause this one you probably wont like either, but Joel Chernoff sang at a 2-Sticker Succot Feast last year in the great state of Texas! HallaluYah!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, I know the people who put it on...they are actually very dear friends of mine...but they didn't mention it to Joel when they booked him. That's called deception~!

I called him to warn him of a set up. He called them and got assurances that they wouldn't put him on the same night as any of their teachers but that's lame. I admit to being distressed that he went at all. Money does strange things to a person's intergrity. I'm sure you are aware that he doesn't support their replacement theology doctrines.

The 2-Stickers create confusion in so many areas. It's a shame that gentiles have to "think" they are jews to find significance. My identity is in the Lord alone. I don't HAVE to be jewish to feel good about who I am in the Lord.

With so much error already being propogated in the church, it is sad that there is this kind of error being taught in groups who call themselves "messianic". The REAL jews see the 2-stickers and think we are all wannabee-jews.

Oh Yod, so sad to hear he was brought in by deceptive means. Did not know that. People should always walk in truth and integrity.

I know what you mean about jewish wannabees. I always tell my husband that this must be another tribe, the wannabee tribe, Ha! Just a joke between us. We love our two-house brethern just the same.

Many of my two-house brethern do not see the movement as becoming jewish, or at least thats the opinion I get from some of them. They see it as returning to Torah, to obey feasts days, the sabbath, and returning to Yahs appointed times instead of man made appointed feasts and celebrations.

They also see it as a way to provoke Judah to jealousy as they say the church has failed in that mission.

As for myself, Im still learning about my hebrew roots of my christian faith.

I see the two (Judeo-Christian) as becoming One. Weve been divided way to long, and it seems we just keep dividing ourselves, whether out of ignorance or arrogance, its division just the same.

Guess thats what Hasatan wants, but certainly not what the Father wants.

Paul and Joel have steped up to the calling on their lives as men who can bring those who love Yeshua and the Father into worship thru their talents given to them by Yah.

Many people who attend Benny Hindus healing services are desperate for just that. A touch and healing from the Father. I do not fault them, but I do find fault with Benny. Many of those who attend come from all denominations across the board.

The word says that signs and wonders would follow the word or follow those who walk in the word of truth. Too many people follow signs and wonders. But they did the same thing in Yeshuas day.

If I called myself a jew or even a jewish believer, then that would be a lie. I was never born a jew, or brought up in the jewish faith, and I never became a proselyte.

But i am like Ruth, Their G-d is my G-d, their people, my people. Im like the 10 men who grab or take hold of the hem (or tzitzit) of a jewish man and say take us to G-d, for I have inherited lies from my fathers.

I am one who would be considered a sourjouner, a stranger, who would join myself to the God of Israel, thus I call myself a believing (believer in Yeshua)Israelite. I see the truth in Torah, I see the blessings and the cursings.

This is not replacement, this is joining, cleaving to my hebrew roots. If I wanted to stay in the "christian church" and seperate myself from my messianic jewish brethern, I would have done so. I would have kept on believing the lie that the church has now replaced the jews and thus the church would be a "more excellent way".

But the truth is Yod, for me, Praise be to my Elohim, He called me out of the "church" and into His ways. So I ask you, Is it just as wrong for Paul wilbur or Joel Chernoff to play to audiences that are taught such replacement theology? Most of the christian church teach it whether it be out of ignorance or arrogance.

Should they just sing for certain messianic assemblies, because you and I both know there are many of them out there and they to are not all in one accord.

Where would You and I be if Yeshua had not shown us His grace and mercy?I see more replacement theology in the many different denominational churches than I have ever seen with the 2-Stickers.

These are people who love their jewish brethern, who are willing to even stand with them thru any adversity, they are not trying to blot them out, they are saying we are your brothers, we want to stand with you, if need be fight side by side with you.

You now what Yod, I have known some jewish people, not messianic mind you, who get very irrate if they see any "gentile" wearing kippahs, tallits, Tzitzit, ect..

Its almost like you can hear them say "how dare you do that", That is whats called provoking them to jealousy. That really gets their attention, then they begin to ask why are you doing these things, why do you celebrate the feasts, keep kosher, keep sabbath?

This opens the door to tell them why, and to tell them of Messiah.

They dont care what the "christian" church is doing. They are considered pagan.

No "christian" church will provoke them to jealousy.

I know Im preaching to the choir here, but please dont be so hard on Paul Wilbur for singing out at Bell Cow Lake. Hes just doing what the Father has called Him to do. And as for Joel Chernoff, like I said, I did not know that he wasnt told that he would be singing at a 2-house messianic succot, and I agree with you that He should have been told from the start.

Something is surely taking place though. Michael Boaz from FFOZ came to our fellowship several months back and did attend the MIA conference in Orlando last month. Makes you wonder.

Well, as usual I have said to much. Hope we are still friends. Shalom Shalom My Brother, Cindy

oops, I stand corrected Yod, that is Boaz Michael who came to Lamb fellowship.

I must have had another one of my infamous senior moments. ;)

I am totally in agreement with EVERYTHING you just said.

Thanks for being true and faithful to the Word of God! ;)

I love ya, Yahsway. I feel the exact same way you do.

I don't judge Paul of Joel for playing anywhere...but it still distresses me. If they only played places with perfect doctrine they would starve. Those places don't pay anything!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

OK, I have a couple thoughts that have been nagging on my mind.

1) How much of where these artists perform is their choice versus where their booking agent sends them?

2) Before coming to the Board, I never heard of "WOF," although I knew of Hinn and Meyers and Copeland et al. Before coming to this Board, the only people I've heard speak against them are teh same people who speak against the baptism in the Holy Spirit and the gifts and all that in general - so anything potentially valid spoken against these guys I always took as just attacks on "charasmatics" in general.

On this Board is the first time I encountered people who 100% believe in the baptism in the Holy Spirit, the gifts, and prophecy, and all that, but who likewise have found fault with Hinn and the others and with a lot of "prophecy" floating around. Even then, it wasnt' until I heard the testimonies of people who had been involved with these "ministries" and been damaged from them that I was able to accept that there really is a problem with them.

I know I am not unique in this aspect. Most "charasmatics" I know are where I was before I came on Board in this area.

So, is artist participation at such an event indicative of corruption or ignorance?

:(

Both Paul and Joel do their own bookings so it isn't ignorance.

I'm not sure I would call it corruption either, though....

It's probably a matter of necessity. When you make your living playing music, it's got to be tough turning down a good paying gig. Who can afford to do that and continue working?

If they take a strong stand then they aren't going to be playing at any of the Ephramite gatherings which are getting bigger all the time.

If you turn down the charismaniacs it will certainly alienate you from all the hyper-charismatics also.

It's not like you have to adopt their theology to sing...but where does one draw the line? When is it worship, entertainment, teaching, evangelism.....and when is it endorsing herecy?

I'd really like to know....

:(

Well first to my brother Yod, I love ya back!

Hi Nebula! I think maybe Yod could possibly answere your question on booking agents, I think he plays in a band.

I was a member of the assembly of God for some time. I do believe in the gifts of the set-apart Spirit, but I do see certain abuse of those gifts.

whether the one leading the assemblies of peoples into worship at some of these events is out of ignorance, I do not know. If out of corruption, then only time will tell by the fruits.

Hey Yod, ever heard of Jimmy Black? Hes been referred to as the 2-stickers own Paul Wilbur.Ha! Just messing with ya. No, seriously, he really is a wonderful singer.