• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

Well, Kitty, heres a different point of view for you...

I'm an MK (Missionary"s Kid) My family went to Indonesia when I was about your age, but before that, I felt God calling me to the mission field when I was about 9 years old. It's hard to explain to people, isn't it, that feeling, knowing, that God has called you to a specific purpose. And yet even then I knew.

I grew up and got married and guess what, my husband had NO desire to leave the good old USA. I was :noidea: .

"God, I know that you wanted me on the field, and I also knew from the time I was 14 years old that my hubby was the one I was to marry. So...how are you going to work this one out?"

Well, what I learned was, it's not up to us to arrange the circumstances. It's our job to prepare ourselves to the best of our abilities to do what ever God leads us into, and HE will arrange the rest. So, I studied I learned from Godly women how to be the best wife and Christian lady I could be, and in His own time, God send hubby and I here to the Cayman Islands to be missionaries. It was His timing, His planning and His calling that made it happen. I just had to step back and let Him work.

So my advice to you is, continue with your studies. Become the best teacher you can be, and let God place you where He wants you. If you strive to serve the Lord no matter where you are, you will be a missionary there.

(Here I will place a little bug in your ear. One of the most neglected mission fields I know is that of "MK's" I went to an MK school, and saw many kids who really needed someone who would take an interest in them and their needs. and there are MK schools all around the world.....)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I have found that God speaks to you first concerning your life, especially the essentials, like a calling and a career. In Jeremiah, He said I know the plans I have for you. In Isaish, He said, In that day you will hear me say, here is the way, walk ye in it. Anything anybody else says or does, outside of you will just be a confirmation of what God has already been preparing yoour heart for. If what motivates you is teaching, it's sure to be something in that line. God Bless.

Vitality

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I have found that God speaks to you first concerning your life, especially the essentials, like a calling and a career. In Jeremiah, He said I know the plans I have for you. In Isaish, He said, In that day you will hear me say, here is the way, walk ye in it. Anything anybody else says or does, outside of you will just be a confirmation of what God has already been preparing yoour heart for. If what motivates you is teaching, it's sure to be something in that line. God Bless.

Vitality

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  156
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Kittylover, I agree with what pretty much everyone has said so far. Pray (and fast if you choose) and trust God for the answer. You are pretty gung ho about teaching so I'll repeat what someone else said, it's possible that you could teach in Bolivia. As Nebula pointed out, if it's a short missions trip you could really grow spiritually and have an actual missions experience under your belt. It could be that God is putting this opportunity in your path because you are worrying about doing the right thing, making the right decisions in your life. Bolivia could be the chance to see that, No way could you be a missionary or hey maybe you actually could be a missionary. Who knows. Sounds like you are pretty sure about teaching, but this post shows that missionary work is giving you a bit of doubt. Are you getting pressure from others to be a missionary? No one knows what's best for you but you and God. Everyone is unique. Not everyone with the abilites to be a missionary is called to be one. :mellow: