Fiosh

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

Atheists often ask: "Why do Christians insist on trying to convince us that God exists; why can't they just keep their beliefs to themselves?"

Because we love you.

It would be a horribly inhuman act for us to watch you continue on the path to hell, and not try to stop you.

Imagine for a moment, if you can, that all we believe is true. God is real. He hates sin. He demands justice. There is a price to pay for sinning against God. He paid the price Himself. He came to earth as a God-man. Jesus died on the cross. Jesus rose from the dead. He ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of the Father. He will judge us all at the end of time.

Jesus died for all. We are free to accept or reject this gift of mercy.

As one poster recently reminded us: "One day EVERY knee shall bow and EVERY tongue proclaim that Jesus Christ is Lord---even yours."

"For God so loved THE WORLD that He sent His only Son, that WHOSOEVER believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Suppose it's all true. How could I possibly keep that from you????

With the love of Jesus Christ,

Fiosh

:whistling:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

From their end, they see it as mindless pestering.

Afterall, "What if [they] are right and it is all false?" Then you are just preventing them from enjoying the short life they have to the fullest. How could you possibly bother them like that?

I just wanted to show how they see it...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  08/08/1964

Afterall, "What if [they] are right and it is all false?" Then you are just preventing them from enjoying the short life they have to the fullest. How could you possibly bother them like that?

It seems to me that they are enjoying their life, but want to prevent us from enjoying ours. :P

It seems to me that they are enjoying their life, but want to prevent us from enjoying ours.

How so?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

It seems to me that they are enjoying their life, but want to prevent us from enjoying ours. :thumbsup:

How so?

I agree with you Abigailwc.

We do things for God, Not for humans. We find happiness in doing these things for God.

How do we enjoy life? By helping others who are lost.

Cyrrylia, How so? just like this.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Then you are just preventing them from enjoying the short life they have to the fullest.

They really are obsessed with this "enjoying life to the fullest."

So what if it's all about selfishness, or if it means others are left in misery. "I'm happy, and that's what matters."

And then when they do give of themselves to others, it's because, "It makes me feel good."

"Me, me, me."

We do things for God, Not for humans. We find happiness in doing these things for God.

How do we enjoy life? By helping others who are lost.

Cyrrylia, How so? just like this.

Forgive me, but I do not actualy see an answer to my question there.

What is "this"?

They really are obsessed with this "enjoying life to the fullest."

So what if it's all about selfishness, or if it means others are left in misery. "I'm happy, and that's what matters."

And then when they do give of themselves to others, it's because, "It makes me feel good."

"Me, me, me."

Well, one, if there was no God, and they are right, then they have the right idea. Two, I feel you overgeneralize them to be a bunch of selfish evil people who can not possibly be nice.

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  45
  • Birthday:  12/20/1988

Well, one, if there was no God, and they are right, then they have the right idea.

Let's look at this rationally.

Possibility #1:

There is no God. When they pass away, both atheists and theists enter a state of "nothingness." We all simply cease to exist. Not only does nobody win, but atheists won't even have the benefit of learning they were right.

Possibility #2

There is a God. The spirit is eternal. When atheists die they suffer for their disbelief. When theists die they are rewarded for their faith. Again atheists lose. Furthermore, they will be forced to live with that decision for the rest of eternity.

This is a very sketchy version of Pascal's Wager. Granted there are many conditions I left out, but the fact remains that atheists lose no matter what the outcome.

Two, I feel you overgeneralize them to be a bunch of selfish evil people who can not possibly be nice.

I know a "few" nice atheists. But they are not encouraged to lead a moral life as we theists are. Can they be moral? Of course. Do they necessarily have reason to be? Ideologically, no.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Interesting comment. Do you agree that atheists enjoy life to a greater degree than Christians?

How do Christians prevent atheists from enjoying life?

Thanks,

Fiosh

Jhn 10:10 "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have [it] more abundantly. "

Let's look at this rationally.

Possibility #1:

There is no God. When they pass away, both atheists and theists enter a state of "nothingness." We all simply cease to exist. Not only does nobody win, but atheists won't even have the benefit of learning they were right.

Possibility #2

There is a God. The spirit is eternal. When atheists die they suffer for their disbelief. When theists die they are rewarded for their faith. Again atheists lose. Furthermore, they will be forced to live with that decision for the rest of eternity.

This is a very sketchy version of Pascal's Wager. Granted there are many conditions I left out, but the fact remains that atheists lose no matter what the outcome.

Well...um. That is not rational. The proposal is invalid from the start, as from the very beggining it assumes that Christianity is right. As well, it fails to account for any other possibilty. It assumes in its nature that the only two possibilities are "Christian God" or "No God" which is simply not true. There could be many gods, or maybe the doa, or another god that is not the Christian one, or one supreme thing that pillows all of reality like in Hinduism.

Also, it assumes that belief is all you need to get a reward. I do not think I need to tell you the ongoing debate of "Faith VS Good Works."

I know a "few" nice atheists. But they are not encouraged to lead a moral life as we theists are. Can they be moral? Of course. Do they necessarily have reason to be? Ideologically, no.

Sure they do. An atheist would not want to waste his life rotting in jail. The point for them is to enjoy life, as that is all there is. You can not enjoy life by being in jail, or getting yourself caught in the death penalty, or any other punishment. It is within their best interest to keep to the law. Unlike theists, their punishment comes from man. It still exists for them however.

Interesting comment. Do you agree that atheists enjoy life to a greater degree than Christians?

I would not say that. Christians enjoy life by serving God. Athiests enjoy life in whatever way they see fit. I can not say which enjoys life more for sure, but I would say that Christians and Athiests enjoy life equaly. Their enjoyment just comes from different things.

How do Christians prevent atheists from enjoying life?

Suppose you are an Atheist. You are gardening, because you enjoy gardening. Suddenly, a Christian missionary comes up and tries to save you. But you are busy. You are tending to your garden. You do not want to have to go and stop. To you, they are bothering you during your hobby time.

Furthermore, they may interupt your dinner. They may interupt your favorite show. They may catch you when you are trying to shower. They can appear at inconvienent times. Thus, you are bothered. You are just trying to enjoy your time on Earth. But they keep bothering you.

Also, you may be in a train, on a plane, on the bus, ect. And the person next to your decides to interupt your quiet thinking time with the "Do you know Jesus" question.

That is how they can. I am not saying that Christians in general bother them, but that evangelising must be annoying for them.