• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

well, we can't be the Holy Spirit to them. But we can pray for them and watch what the Lord does. If the Holy Spirit speaks to them through you, just submit to speak what you hear. Ministers should be able to hear from God!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lovinghim4ever
well, we can't be the Holy Spirit to them. But we can pray for them and watch what the Lord does. If the Holy Spirit speaks to them through you, just submit to speak what you hear. Ministers should be able to hear from God!!

AMEN TO THAT! :24::P

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

My question was...How patient should the church be? not should they accept the status quo...

I would counsel to be very patient and persistent. Frankly I am glad I am not called to be a minister, it is easier for me to complain about things in the abstract :24:

I think Butero has got it right, a JP would not take very long at all, no big deal. I know couples who don't marry simply because they don't want the hassle and yes expense of a huge wedding and they feel all of this outside pressure to have one. So they just put it off. Maybe you could help free them of that burden?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

My question was...How patient should the church be? not should they accept the status quo...

I would counsel to be very patient and persistent. Frankly I am glad I am not called to be a minister, it is easier for me to complain about things in the abstract :th_praying:

I think Butero has got it right, a JP would not take very long at all, no big deal. I know couples who don't marry simply because they don't want the hassle and yes expense of a huge wedding and they feel all of this outside pressure to have one. So they just put it off. Maybe you could help free them of that burden?

In cases like this, it might be wise to have people in the congregation offer one of them a place to stay for a while. Marriage may not be the right thing, even if there are kids involved. There is a reason there were no vows taken. Before I got married I fornicated. I practically moved in (we were military and lived in the dorms so there were separate dorm rooms but...we only used one of them). When I found myself pregnant we got married so he wouldn't be ashamed before his grandfather. I actually wanted to get out of the military and go home to my father. If we were still together a year after the baby was born we'd get married. I caved. and lived in 11 yrs of misery because he blamed me and the boy for his loss of "freedom" Obviously there was no commitment made even though we'd decided to sin together and there had to be a reason. I was smart enough to know that. He was just scared.

Now if they did, in the presence of friends, have some sort of ceremony they did make that commitment and so having them sign something in the pastor's office is probably the best idea...unless there are reasons they can't do this. We have people here in this state who will not be married before a magistrate. They will have a church wedding with all that entails and sign a covenant before God but will not sign state papers. It's a political stance that I respect. However, they have made a covenant before God. That is the main thing.