• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

dakota,

so everytime a married man and a married woman enter into a sexual relationship and concieve a child, the parents are not pure, and the children therefore are not pure... that seems a little idiotic(without the exclamtion points).

so one of the sins that make us not pure in the eyes of god, is procreation of the earth... that seems a little idiotic(without the exclamation points).

i cannot speak for why Jesus would have possibly wed, or why Jesus would have possibly done anything he did during the time he lived on the earth... I'm not Jesus.

god forgives me when i fail as well, your not in some excluive club just because you wear the name tag: christian. god is all loving. god is all forgiving.

hgpal,

in 1962 a movie called "the man who shot liberty valance" came to theaters. it has one of the great all time lines

"when the legend becomes fact, print the legend"

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

hgpal,

in 1962 a movie called "the man who shot liberty valance" came to theaters. it has one of the great all time lines

"when the legend becomes fact, print the legend"

or:

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

The book read more like a mystery crime drama.

Looks like the movie is focusing on the blasphemous part of it.

Could this be the backlash movie to The Passion of the Christ I wonder? LNJ

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I'd like to see someone write a book that does to Islam what The DaVinci Code does to Christianity. :emot-questioned:

Or Buddhism.

Or Hinduism.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  01/31/1906

I'd like to see someone write a book that does to Islam what The DaVinci Code does to Christianity. :rolleyes:

Or Buddhism.

Or Hinduism.

Nah Nebs, it won't happen b/c it's not the 'politically correct' thing to do :blink:

Love always

Faithie :emot-hug:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

I'd like to see someone write a book that does to Islam what The DaVinci Code does to Christianity. :emot-highfive:

Or Buddhism.

Or Hinduism.

one "cartoon" was enough to wreak havock..imagin a move.. :thumbsup:

shudder.....

they would probably nuke us...

they have more respect for their false god (misguided as it may be at times) than we do for the real One..

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  6

As Christians, to totally dismiss the "Da Vinci Code" as being absolutely false, is the much the same as the Jews who denied Jesus' claims of being the Savior.

That reminds me of the uproara that the Jewish community had over Mel Gibson's 'The Passion'. For years and years the Jews were portrayed as sufferers. When they were shown in a different (and true) light, they didin't like it. They couldn't make that claim anymore.

I disagree. Their position is very nuanced. Many Christians have always considered them the betrayers of Christ. Many others have always considered them "sufferers."

I think that they are afraid that people will mistake the few Jews in the film for all Jews everywhere. It's a fear that I certainly understand.

ETA: Incidentally, I view the DaVinci Code as entertainment . . . and fiction. I think Dan Brown is more about Capitalism than about tearing down the Christian faith.

Besides, if he was trying to undermine the Christian faith, he's not particularly good at it. Did anyone else catch the New Yorker's review?

Edited by Spherical Time

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  01/31/1906

ETA: Incidentally, I view the DaVinci Code as entertainment . . . and fiction. I think Dan Brown is more about Capitalism than about tearing down the Christian faith.

Besides, if he was trying to undermine the Christian faith, he's not particularly good at it. Did anyone else catch the New Yorker's review?

Yup, just goes to show that you don't need to write anything particularly scholarly to be bought kit and kaboodle by the masses :wub: Good point :)

Faithie :emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  6

Yup, just goes to show that you don't need to write anything particularly scholarly to be bought kit and kaboodle by the masses :) Good point :emot-hug:

Faithie :)

I just want to add something to this point that I think is important:

I bought the DaVinci Code, but I didn't like it. Don't let people tell you that massive economic success equals endorsement. I don't endorse the book.