• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  145
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/23/1973

Personally I can't wait to see the DaVinci Code. I think it's going to be an interesting movie. Why, you ask. Not because of what it says about my Savior. But because it will be interesting to see how the Screenwriters, Director, and Actors pull off a film that is based on a book that relies on artwork. And that makes for a bit of a problem on screen. So I can't wait to see how the movie deals with that plot point. And the play along at home stuff, like clues, puzzles, and riddles should be interesting to see.

While I do not believe a good two thirds of the book. It certainly brings up a good number of "what if...?" scenarios.

A special word to all the people who speak out against the DaVinci Code. You are serving as a free publicity wing for Dan Brown, or Satan if you are completly against the book. And people are going to want to see what all the hype is about. My suggestion is to read the book, if you have not. This way you can make an informed discussion of the good and bad in it.

I love it when someone talks to me about DaVinci Code, Harry Potter, or any other book or movie, without reading or seeing them. My first question is always "Have you read(seen) it. And they always say "I've heard about it." Then the "I don't need to read it to know the truth." argument starts up. I have spoke to people who have read it, or seen it. To them do I listen. But when it comes to the "I have heard about it" people. I can't stand it.

And most of all to the people out there who know a good ripping fun read like the DaVinci Code, or watch movies like Harry Potter. Praise the LORD on high. For we know the real truth behind fiction. That it is just that

FICTION

So enjoy it!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  526
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  05/03/1961

Heresy!!! The movie I mean and the book. I have lost my respect for Tom Hanks.

Wish Mel Gibson would do more movies about Jesus. Like the Gospel of Mark or John.

How could you stand to even watch the DaVinci movie? I think I would get physically ill.

Seriously? The Passion was the most violent movie I've ever seen, and coincidentally the most profitable(adjusted for inflation) Passion Movie ever made. Out of like 5! Adjusted for inflation, it won by a long shot.

Christians, could you explain this fact?

The most violent movie? Not by a long shot, or even a short shot, or for that matter a shot in the dark. Secondly, if you read the accounts of the passion in the prophecies of David, you will find out that what Mel Gibson portrayed in the movie is nowhere near as brutal as what was actually done to Jesus.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  640
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Heresy!!! The movie I mean and the book. I have lost my respect for Tom Hanks.

Wish Mel Gibson would do more movies about Jesus. Like the Gospel of Mark or John.

How could you stand to even watch the DaVinci movie? I think I would get physically ill.

Seriously? The Passion was the most violent movie I've ever seen, and coincidentally the most profitable(adjusted for inflation) Passion Movie ever made. Out of like 5! Adjusted for inflation, it won by a long shot.

Christians, could you explain this fact?

what is there to explain? what non-believers did to Christ was extremely violent and sadistic, a movie based on the truth of the Lord, is worth paying money to see. why is this a mystery to you?

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

As Christians, to totally dismiss the "Da Vinci Code" as being absolutely false, is the much the same as the Jews who denied Jesus' claims of being the Savior. The Da Vinci Code" makes fanatical claims, just as Jesus' made fanaticl claims, and now you as Christians are in the opposite shoes, trying to crush something new, and hold onto the old. Your counterclaim is ineviablely going to be... well the book is fiction and the bible is fact. Something is only as fictional or as factual as you make it, unless you witnessed it with your own eyes.

It is hypocritical and shows a lack of open mindedness, just like the Jews showed during the times of Jesus.

I don't believe everything I read, but I certainly don't have the audacity to completly deny it... because I really don't know.

To not support the book or the movie is one thing, but to try and crush it outright is another... The people who didn't belive in Jesus is one thing, but the ones who went as far as to have the man crucified is another... and history seems to constantly repeat itself.

Does it really matter if Jesus had a child with Mary Magdelene, does it make him any less the Savior, does it mean his miracles are no longer miraculous?

The book doesn't tarnish the name of Jesus in my mind, it does tarnish the church somewhat, but your faith deals with the belief in Jesus... not what the church has done in the years since the death of Jesus.

what i came here to say is, believe it or not, the history channel is running a program about the davinci code, demystified, or something like that. but for a secular channel, they did a good job of showing the lies and misapplied facts (?). how dan brown misstated even the dimensions of some structures to make them fit into his book. they stated, this line of bunk dan brown is selling was proven to be myth over 30 years ago in France, and we know what a secular country they are. they pointed out that leonardo davinci and other artists such as he, during that time were considered heretics and were not allowed to publicly tell of their heretical theories and beliefs, so they put them in their paintings and such. as bad and twisted as this book dan brown has published is, whether he believes it or if it was to get him some notoriety, i think in the end as God deals with him, he will be shown to be the fool he is. other than some determined non-believers, that have no life and nothing better to do that hold a work of admitted fiction up as proof of their misguided convictions, in the end, ultimately, the faith is safe. praise God, he is still on the throne.

irony, yes it does matter, whether Jesus has a child with mary magdalene. if you want to come to a christian site and try to argue the points of our faith, you must learn what are the points of our faith. if you are asking the questions for the sake of learning what the points are we will explain them to you. to have been a man without sin, Jesus could not have entered into a sexual relationship with any woman. there is no holy bloodline through mary magdelene or any other woman. the gnostics have been trying to spread this heresy for centuries. those claims do not fly, that dog does not hunt, it did not happen, as fiction writer dan brown states in his work of fiction, by his own admission it is fiction. it is disrespectful and heresy, which is why we don't want it to be shown. it will further confuse the unsaved, and those with a lack of knowledge about the christian faith. yes, it does matter.

oh i also wanted to add, since the bible, the inerrant word of God, says, Jesus, ascended into heaven and now sits at the right hand of the father, God. since this is what happened according to the scriptures, he could not have been on the earth to have started a bloodline of royalty, or of anyother type. compare, dan brown, writer of fiction, book of fiction, versus- the bible, the inerrant word of God, there is no contest. the scriptures have been examined and reexamined and back checked through the original greek texts, for centuries, they have not been discredited yet, and i doubt it will happen now, or ever.

Edited by dakota190

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Dakota, I know the points of the faith, I was raised in a Christian home, attended church, and went to bible class.

And like I said, I do not support to book as true, nor as false... I don't know.

If Jesus secretly wed Mary Magdelene or any other woman, and then had a child... he is still without sin. He entered into holy matrimony.

Inerrant means infallible, and containg no errors.

Neither Jesus nor god wrote the bible.

Yes, the bible is the word of god... interpretted by man... written by man... and man is by all means fallible. The bible is not a dictation of the words Jesus spoke, the scriptures in the bible are all ACCORDING to the accounts people witnessed and in turn through the spoken word of mouth was kept alive... until it was recorded.

I agree, the bible has not been discredited yet, and i also agree that the chances of it ever being discredited are slim to none. But just because something is not proven as wrong, doesn't make it proven as fact.

Just because you can't prove that I cheated on my math test, doesn't mean that I didn't, it just means you can't prove that I did cheat.

You can't prove faith right or wrong... it's faith... and the Christian faith comes from the texts of the bible, which can be proven neither right nor wrong, until the end of our time here on earth, or the end of earth all together.

irony,

you're still wrong, if Jesus, entered into a sexual relationship with any woman, he would not be pure. you claim to have knowledge of the bible, yet your discourse argues against it. if centuries of trying to disprove the bible have failed, it says alot to me, about it's inerrancy. your title of nonbeliever, when you claim to know the bible also says alot to me. you are in error!!!!

explain to me why Jesus would SECRETLY, marry. since marriage was a very large thing in the jewish life, why would it be done in secret. the son of God, a holy man, a prophet, would not hide such a thing, that would be dishonest, as if he had done wrong. God, Jesus, did no wrong. if you were raised in church as you said you were and you know the bible, you would recognize that.

the christian faith does not come from the bible, the bible teaches about faith, but the holy spirit, God, calls whom he wishes, our faith in God, comes from God. he gives me the wisdom and the desire to believe in him. it was not done in my time, or at my desire, but in God's timing, and his desire. he gives me the strength to endure in the pressures of a christian walk and he forgives me when i fail. he is faithful when i am not. faith comes from God. may he give you the faith you need to believe in him and to the wisdom to learn about him in the pages of the bible.

Edited by dakota190

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/24/1970

irony,

you're still wrong, if Jesus, entered into a sexual relationship with any woman, he would not be pure. you claim to have knowledge of the bible, yet your discourse argues against it. if centuries of trying to disprove the bible have failed, it says alot to me, about it's inerrancy. your title of nonbeliever, when you claim to know the bible also says alot to me. you are in error!!!!

explain to me why Jesus would SECRETLY, marry. since marriage was a very large thing in the jewish life, why would it be done in secret. the son of God, a holy man, a prophet, would not hide such a thing, that would be dishonest, as if he had done wrong. God, Jesus, did no wrong. if you were raised in church as you said you were and you know the bible, you would recognize that.

the christian faith does not come from the bible, the bible teaches about faith, but the holy spirit, God, calls whom he wishes, our faith in God, comes from God. he gives me the wisdom and the desire to believe in him. it was not done in my time, or at my desire, but in God's timing, and his desire. he gives me the strength to endure in the pressures of a christian walk and he forgives me when i fail. he is faithful when i am not. faith comes from God. may he give you the faith you need to believe in him and to the wisdom to learn about him in the pages of the bible.

Hi there,

Actually that is very sad to hear about it because more more people are starting to think of that Jesus Christ did that. and it causes many people to fall into that kind of false doctrine and false hope for that. and Da Vinci Code is preparing to introduce the AntiChrist to the world and trying to take their attention and take it for real. now churches and pastors are starting to talking about it They are starting to doubt the Bible because of this DVC (Da Vinci Code) that brings them to destruction. It is really sad and grieving me because they will be realized it will be too late for them when they find out it is not true in later time.

It is matter of time that Jesus christ is coming back I know in my heart He is coming back very soon. Look at the world, they are trying to decieving the christians and many will be tricked by them. I pray for them to wake up and realize that it is very dangerous for them to believe anything from that stupid book or movie. WAKE UP!

I beg you to listen God's Words not from the Da Vinci code book or any movies.

Thanks

Deaf Canada

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/11/1964

Irony ~

Either the Bible is true or it isn't. There are lots of real, historically accurate FACTS that lend credence to its authenticity as to when it was written, by whom and how long after the events portrayed.

Not a single source indicates that Jesus was married.

WHAT IS THE TRUTH?

Constantine, Gnosticism, and the formation of the Bible

DA VINCI MYTH:

Constantine