Returning To Church

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I haven't been to Church in a long time. I mean a long time; about 10 years. I have so much anger towards the Lord for things that have happened in the past. Events I wanted to happen; events I hoped would happen; events I lived for. When those didn't happen, I became angry at the Lord. There are times when I want to fall at His feet and worship Him neverending. Then there are times when I want to strangle Him. (Sorry Lord). I truly love Him. More than anything. But I can't seem to get over my anger. I can't bring myself to even tell Him I love Him even though I feel it so strongly.

Has anybody felt this way towards the Lord?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I haven't been to Church in a long time. I mean a long time; about 10 years. I have so much anger towards the Lord for things that have happened in the past. Events I wanted to happen; events I hoped would happen; events I lived for. When those didn't happen, I became angry at the Lord. There are times when I want to fall at His feet and worship Him neverending. Then there are times when I want to strangle Him. (Sorry Lord). I truly love Him. More than anything. But I can't seem to get over my anger. I can't bring myself to even tell Him I love Him even though I feel it so strongly.

Has anybody felt this way towards the Lord?

You want a list??? I don't think there are many people that have actually participated in life, that haven't felt this way. You keep praying, keep reading His Word, find a group of people (like us!) to talk about things with. He says seek and ye shall find, knock and the door will be opened to you, ask and ye shall receive. He also promises to never leave us or forsake us! Hang around, we are glad to have you have!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

:thumbsup: IamHis: Psalm 73:28 says But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord God and made Him my refuge, that I may tell of all Your works. As you release the anger to the Lord and seek His face you will find that He will meet you and you will be at peace in your heart. There are good people that love the Lord and there are good fellowships to meet you needs. I will pray that the Holy Spirit will draw you to such a place. In Jesus :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

When we are angry with the Lord, it is a great step in faith to tell him that no matter how we feel we still know that HE is GOOD and that we are going to trust him with our lives. There really is no other option. And this surely opens the door for him to work in our lives turning things to good as only He can. We do so need his mercy. Regardless of the past we need him today. Pour out those emotions to him and then trust him. He will help you through.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

When we are angry with the Lord, it is a great step in faith to tell him that no matter how we feel we still know that HE is GOOD and that we are going to trust him with our lives. There really is no other option. And this surely opens the door for him to work in our lives turning things to good as only He can. We do so need his mercy. Regardless of the past we need him today. Pour out those emotions to him and then trust him. He will help you through.

Thank you so much for your reply. Sometimes I think I stay away from Church because I want my relationship with Him to be more personal. I want Him all to myself! Sometimes I even get jealous when I see others receive what they ask for from the Lord. I want Him to only pay attention to me! I feel kind of smitten by Him. Yet, with all these feelings I have this anger. But I agree, sometimes anger can be a good thing. I think the important thing is I love Him.

Do you hear me Lord? I love You!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Yes, I think if anyone is honest, he or she would have to admit there were times when he or she was angry with God about something.

Several years ago we had a (real) revival at our church. Shortly after that, the Lord told me he wanted to heal me of a physical ailment I had. As I was praying about it, I was asking the Lord to show me if there was anyone I had not forgiven, and his answer surprised me. He said "Jesus." I had never thought about it, but it was true. There were things in my life that I had blamed God for and I needed to forgive him, not because he had done anything wrong, but because I needed to accept his sovereignty in my life, and I had to let go of my resentment if I was to experience healing in my body and soul. So, right there and then I prayed and told the Lord that I forgave him for all the things that had happened in my life that I thought were not fair. Forgiveness is letting go of the hurt and to not hold that pain against that person any longer, so that is what I did. I let it go, and I decided there and then to accept God's sovereignty in my life. I have not always done a perfect job, but through a process of letting go every time I begin to be afraid or feel an injustice has happened in my life, there has been much freedom and joy. I would recommend that you go before God in prayer and that you "forgive" God for everything in your life that you blamed him for, and that you determine that from this point on you will accept God's sovereignty in your life. All that we go through is God's way of molding us into the people that he wants us to be. Let him make you the person he wants you to be today and say "yes" to Jesus, no matter the cost!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Most of us probably know this feeling, but the good thing is, that He still loves you so much He still loves you enought that you still know you love Him :emot-hug: