Guest coolwaters

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

I only posted it the way I did because of the commentary quote . . . .

Concerning this subject however, check out this old thread of mine for more depth if interested Justified in the Spirit

Peace,

BlindSeeker

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

Concerning this subject however, check out this old thread of mine for more depth if interested Justified in the Spirit

Peace,

BlindSeeker

:rolleyes: Gotcha! :il:

I will most definately check out your earlier post you put here...thanks Blindseeker!

Love and Blessings

Angel H.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  511
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  03/08/1975

LOL...I am again humbled and shown ignorrant of the truely mysterious aspects of our Lord. I thought you might have something to say about what I explained, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Thank you for clearing things up a bit. I have some rearranging of my thoughts on the Trinity to do now..so I bid you peace and blessings in the name of our Lord Christ Jesus!

humbled by His Blood;

~Sagz

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Peace,

BlindSeeker

Interesting, Blindseeker. Definantly some food for thought - although still feeling a little :rolleyes: right now on this! (LOL)

Unfortunately, I do not have the time right now to thoroughly read this - I started to, but it's too long for now. But, I have one question, and I skimmed through to see if it was answered, but I didn't see it.

How do you interpret (forget the exact wording and reference off the top of my head and no time to look it up at the present moment, but wanted to ask the question) the passage(s) that proclaim Jesus sitting at the right hand of theFather? I am unable to figure how this fits in.

Thanks!

A Sunday School teacher was teaching her students about the Trinity. Explaning that God is the egg shell, Jesus is the white of the egg and the Holy Spirit is the yolk.

She took an egg and had the class look at the shell. She explained that God surrounded Jesus and the Holy Spirit, that they were all three one, but different. They all had different functions but the same. They all want salvation and their desire is that not one person should be left unsaved.

She took the egg shell and cracked it. The white started running out and she explained that was Jesus because He was second in the Godhead as the Son of God and that He had died for our sins. The running out of the white represented the blood Jesus shed for us. She then opened the shell so the class could see the egg yolk as being the Holy Spirit because He is the Spirit of God. As the yolk fell out it was a double yoker. I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. :x:

Interesting, Blindseeker.  Definantly some food for thought - although still feeling a little :t2: right now on this! (LOL)

Unfortunately, I do not have the time right now to thoroughly read this - I started to, but it's too long for now.  But, I have one question, and I skimmed through to see if it was answered, but I didn't see it.

How do you interpret (forget the exact wording and reference off the top of my head and no time to look it up at the present moment, but wanted to ask the question) the passage(s) that proclaim Jesus sitting at the right hand of theFather?  I am unable to figure how this fits in.

Thanks!

Jesus Christ, is the right hand of God.

• Isa 52:10 The LORD hath made bare His holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.

Isa 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

• Ps 17:7 Shew thy marvellous lovingkindness, O thou that savest by thy right hand them which put their trust in thee from those that rise up against them.

Ps 18:35 Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great.

Ps 20:6 Now know I that the LORD saveth his anointed; he will hear him from his holy heaven with the saving strength of his right hand.

Ps 77:10 And I said, This is my infirmity: but I will remember the years of the right hand of the most High.

Ps 78:54 And he brought them to the border of his sanctuary, even to this mountain, which his right hand had purchased.

Ps 98:1 O sing unto the LORD a new song; for he hath done marvellous things: his right hand, and his holy arm, hath gotten him the victory.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

A Sunday School teacher was teaching her students about the Trinity. Explaning that God is the egg shell, Jesus is the white of the egg and the Holy Spirit is the yolk.

She took an egg and had the class look at the shell. She explained that God surrounded Jesus and the Holy Spirit, that they were all three one, but different. They all had different functions but the same. They all want salvation and their desire is that not one person should be left unsaved.

She took the egg shell and cracked it. The white started running out and she explained that was Jesus because He was second in the Godhead as the Son of God and that He had died for our sins. The running out of the white represented the blood Jesus shed for us. She then opened the shell so the class could see the egg yolk as being the Holy Spirit because He is the Spirit of God. As the yolk fell out it was a double yoker. I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.  :x:

LOL..... :t2:

Well, that was one good illustration ruined... :t2:

IR rose.gif

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Jesus Christ,  is the right hand of God. . . .

Well, that's an interesting way of looking at things. Definantly puts a different twist on those Scriptures.

But I still don't understand why it would say,

Psalm 110:1

The LORD says to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet."

Matthew 26:64

"Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied. "But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."

Acts 7:55

But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God.

And also, what about this one:

John 20:17

Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.' "

:)

(Hmmm...maybe I ought to study something that can be made easy sense of - like say - oh-h-h-h - quantum physics! Poof_anim.gif

Hi Nebula,

There is a reason why I suggested a study on exactly what the Jews understood by "right hand" . . . we all know what we think of it.

Perhaps a setting aside of modern translations tainted by a nonjewish perspective and a probing into the Hebrew texts.

It is kinda like when the scriptures says "For now we see through a glass darkly . . . " when actually there was no glass back then. It was actually a crude polished bronze mirror which gave a grude reflection.

The incarnation of Jesus in the flesh was a finite expressed imaged of the infinite and invisible God . . . who is a Spirit. Hence, God (who was a Holy Spirit) was manifested in the flesh.

Perhaps a study on the Greek word which has been translated godhead. You will find there is absolutely no plurality given to the word . . . it simply means divinity, the essence of God.

In that earthen finite vessel birth through the womb of a virgin, locked in time and space, dwelt the "fullness" of divinity. Doesn't fulness mean "all of?"

• For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Perhaps even a simple study on the Greek word translated to the English word "and."

• 2Th 2:16 Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and <kai> God, even <kai> our Father, which hath loved us, and <kai> hath given us everlasting consolation and <kai> good hope through grace.

It can mean "and" as in "also" or it can be used definitively as "even, " such as "God, even our Father."

So . . . how do you determined when it means which?

Like I said, it was only a word study suggestion . . . . or you can stick with quantum physics if you like. But if you are not going to seriously research what "right hand" meant to those who were given the oracles of God then it is silly for me to even begin to address the scriptures you presented.