IGNORED

Tongues what do you think? (MERGED TOPIC)

johnz

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/15/1982

also, as far as, 'during the last days, your ....... shall prophecy.......'

first off, the two witnesses are a totally different case, we know thats coming, and it doesn't apply here,

second, while i do agree that we are in the 'last days,' what does the Bible define as the last days, last time i looked, not temple had been rebuilt, last time i looked russia had yet to attack isreal, no Jesus in the sky, i'm not talking tribulation, i'm talking now

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

No I do not. I have been otherwise gifted

Speaking in tongues in for everyone!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

there is no such thing in the entire Holy Bible of anyone at any time speaking in a "holy gibberish" or a "heavenly mish-mash".

Can you prove it is gibberish and mish-mash?

"nebula"

if its not a language, it has to be gibberish, if it is a language, there would be someone there to interpret

crabs

><>

The following will be from the Nelson KJV Bible Commentary, ISBN 1-4185-0339-8

::::words in bold=Bible text:::::::::

starting at 1Cor13:8

Unlike many of the spiritual gifts, love will never be outmoded, unnecessary, or eliminated.

8. Charity never faileth (Gr ekpipto, falls off, cf. Lk 16:17). Unlike the leaf or the flower, love neverfades and falls off (cf. jas 1:11; 1Pet 1:24). Prophecies, they shall fail (lit., 'be abolished'). Tongues, they shall cease. The significance of the Greek work(pauo) indicates that tongues would soon be 'cut off' as their necessity in the process of New Testament revelation ceased. It is important to note that tongues are never mentioned again in the New Testament after this warning. Knowledge, it shall vanish away ('be abolished'). This is the same word used in reference to prophecy above. This isnot knowledge in general but the 'gift' of knowledge by direct revelation (cf. 12:8; 13:2).

9-10. For suggests reason. We know in part, and we prophesy in part. Knowledge and prophecy as we now know it are suited ony to an imperfect state of existence. That which is perfect. This is best understood in light of 1 Corinthians 2:6, in the sense of 'mature' or 'complete' (cr. also Col 3:14; Heb 6:1). Conservative Bible scholars have proposed two main interpretations of Perfect. it may be a reference to the completion ofthe canon of Scripture, with which partial revelation (by knowledge, prphecy, or tongues) came to an end, culminating in a complete revelation of God's scripture or it may refer to the maturation of the body of Christ (in the sense of Ephesians 4:11-16). paul imploys the neuter because he does not contemplate an individual. Thus, that which is perfect cannot refer to the coming of Christ Himself. Then that which is in part will be done away with. Once the perfect has been achieved, there will be no need for that which is immature. It will not be needed or accepted and should not be desired.

12. Now we see through a glass, darkly (lit., 'for yet we see through a mirror in a riddle'). Paul seems to be alluding to the incident in Num12:8. On another occasion Paul says the writings were an enigma compared to the revelations contained in the gospel (cf. IICor 3:12-13). But then face to face. The apostle understands taht complete maturity will not be acheved until we see the Lord face to face. At that time we will not only achieve complete maturity but perfect knowledge. As Paul puts it, but then shall I know even as also I am known. The gifts are fragmentary and only a means to an end. Paul's advice is keep your eyes on the goal and not on the means towards achieving that goal.

13. And now abideth faith, hope, and charity. Now is bestnderstood in a temporal sense (cf. Rom 8:24; IICor 5:7; heb 11:1). If the present Christian experience were to be reduced to three essential qualities they would be faith, hope, and love. The greatest of these is charity. Faith and hope will one day vanish from sight. Love alone abides. its clarest expression is to be seen in Golgotha's hill. Thus paul's approach is not to decry the possible abuses at Corinth but to challenge them to something much better.

if its not a language, it has to be gibberish, if it is a language, there would be someone there to interpret

There is no indication that there were people to interpret the tongues at the house of Cornelius.

Hey - I'll be game here.

I'm willing to speak in tongues over the phone to anyone who wants to record what I say and see if you can prove it is gibberish or actually is a language and if you can find out what I'm saying.

Serious.

If anyone wants to try, just PM me and we can work out a phone conversation to do so.

I do not offer this lightly.

However, if everyone is going to accuse me of gibberish or my tongues not being of God - I want that to be proven true or false, and this is the only way.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

:rolleyes: Oh Yes I do speak in Tongue - But I am quite aware that speaking in tongues is just one of the gifts of the Spirit.

Much Love in Christ

'nebula'

i'm not taking you up on it, but its cool that you are putting yourself out there like that.

a question though, if i were to take you up on it, are you confident that i'll understand what you are saying, or confident that if i was to record it, it would be a certain language, for example, the tongue of italian, or the tongue of russian

??

crabs><>