• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/02/1949

Thanks for the support, Robert. I have refrained from this conversation. I will not debate with those who simply do not understand Dispensational Theology . I have been where they are, and I know that no matter what we say, it will not change their views. I know they mean well, but as you seem to know, the signs and wonders ministry was for the Jews in that dispensation. If one reads the book of Acts with an open mind, it is so easy to see the transition from law to grace. May God bless you, brother.

Hello Arben,

I understand your frustration. It helps to remember as you said "I have been where they are".

Keep the faith brother! :24:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what about the times where people have been healed by the laying of hands in the name of Jesus? Times where prophecies have been spoken accurately into peoples lives? Demons cast out? Are you putting all these to other means like praying to Mary or Hindu gods or whatever else, as "coincidences" or some kind of "phenomenon"? Or does God still work in these ways during this time of "dispensation"?

:24:

God is not working the same way today as He did during the founding period of the church.

Acts 5:12 And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon's porch.

Acts 5:13 And of the rest durst no man join himself to them: but the people magnified them.

Acts 5:15 Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them.

Acts 5:16 There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.

These signs are not present today. These types of healings are not taking place today nor has events like these taken place since the apostalic period of the church.

To compare a charlaton like Benny Hinn to the apostles is too much for me to swallow.

The miracles that took place during the formation of the church were impossible to deny.

Acts 4:14-16 And beholding the man which was healed standing with them, they could say nothing against it. But when they had commanded them to go aside out of the council, they conferred among themselves, Saying, What shall we do to these men? for that indeed a notable miracle hath been done by them is manifest to all them that dwell in Jerusalem; and we cannot deny it.

The false healers of today cannot make the blind see nor the lame walk. I don't see it and neither can anyone who is willing to open their eyes to the obvious facts.

I will say this again.

I don't care if I ever see a miracle in this life. I have God's word. His grace is all I need until I see Him face to face.

Yours in Christ,

Robert

I bear no animosity to those who disagree with me... :noidea:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Since God is the author of life and sovereign over all things, all healing ultimately comes from him. The question is what agency he chooses. Sometimes He shooses to use the medical community. Sometimes He uses the bodies own healing processes. Sometimes He uses non-typical methods that are miraculous.

I have never experienced a mass-healing, but that does not mean they could not happen. God can do whatever He wants. In our church whenever a person is healed (whether through doctors or miracles) we attribute it to God.

Since God is the author of life and sovereign over all things, all healing ultimately comes from him. The question is what agency he chooses. Sometimes He shooses to use the medical community. Sometimes He uses the bodies own healing processes. Sometimes He uses non-typical methods that are miraculous.

I have never experienced a mass-healing, but that does not mean they could not happen. God can do whatever He wants. In our church whenever a person is healed (whether through doctors or miracles) we attribute it to God.

That is a reasonable way to look at it. I cannot find fault with that.

God is Soverign. That fact is irrefutable.

God bless,

Robert