• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  489
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/12/1964

I find all this talk about "Pentecostal" a little disturbing to be honest. The Pentecostal doctrine simply stands on the book of Acts as demonstrating that the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Spirit is the speaking in tongues. To be frank, I find in my own experience AS a Pentecostal Christian the only people who want to argue this or enter into debate are those who feel the need to justify why they DON"T speak in tongues. I also know Baptists who speak in tongues and even a few from other denominations. The speaking in tongues is not a denominational issue. Its a Holy Spirit Issue. The only people who want to argue this it seems are those who go to the cross for Pardon, but do not proceed from Pardon to Pentecost for the Power of God. " They hold to the form of religion, yet deny the Power." Those who followed the advice of Christ and waited for the power from on High.....received it...! The preaching of the gospel and the power to cast out demons and heal people of illnesses was made possible only by the outpouring of Gods Holy Spirit. He is the enabler. With every outpouring of Gods Spirit there were dramatic experiences and many believed and were added to their number. If you want to be a Road to Emmaus wanderer being blown too and fro by every wind of doctrine be my guest. I only have one question for any challenger..If it was the experience of the early Church, why would you not WANT any of this..??

If Gods Power is not as evident today as it was in the days of the early church, it is not because God has changed. His Word is Truth regardless. Maybe, just maybe the problem lies with US. 'These signs shall follow those who believe." So then why arent these signs following...? Something wrong with God...? Is his arm too weak to heal and deliver....? Surely NOT. Maybe we ought to be seeking the Lord on what HE wants us to do and stop trying to bend God to do OUR will.

Food for thought......!!!! :blink::(:P:noidea::P

Regards,

Ben.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

May I suggest that this thread is getting off topic?! I never meant it to be about Pentecostalism. I have repeatedly said that I am not trying to offend Pentecostals. If I have done that, I am deeply sorry. I know there are many Pentecostals who love and serve the Lord with all their heart and soul. The reason I suggested that non-Pentecostals respond to this topic was to prevent what is happening now. If anyone remembers, my interest in this thread is to reassure myself that I am doing the right thing in sponsoring a missionary with Gospel for Asia even though I don't believe in the healing ministry as a rule. I have also introduced the idea that God may do healings in areas where there is no Bibles for people to read. In some remote areas of India, for example, it is much like the book of Acts. Missionaries are being beaten and killed on a regular basis and so perhaps God is using healings to show his power and grace. Can we please get back to that? It would be greatly appreciated. God bless.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

So can you just clear somethig up for me, as I've gotten a little confused from this thread.. do you believe in healings happening today or not? Or is it just this mass healing you are a little scrupulous about?

So can you just clear somethig up for me, as I've gotten a little confused from this thread.. do you believe in healings happening today or not? Or is it just this mass healing you are a little scrupulous about?

I don't believe in the healing ministry as a rule, but perhaps God may do healings in areas where there are no Bibles for people to read. In some remote areas of India, for example, it is much like the book of Acts. Missionaries are being beaten and killed on a regular basis and so perhaps God is using healings to show his power and grace.

God has showed me something through this discussion. I already knew, it but it has been reinforced here. Christians are more inclined to focus on their doctrine than they are to focus on spreading the gospel and seeing souls saved. I feel very good now about what I'm doing with supporting the missionary. In a backwards kind of way this thread has helped me to feel very good about that. Thank you all.

Please consider supporting a missionary.

I don't believe in the healing ministry as a rule, but perhaps God may do healings in areas where there are no Bibles for people to read. In some remote areas of India

Well I would just like to add a bit of testimony to this then in the way that I know I am called for healing ministry as God has shown me in a vision and which through the few times in the recent past where I have layed hands on people to be healed and they have been there and then, or even in one case a couple of weeks ago where no contact was needed, just a word in faith and authority of Jesus' name and they were healed.

Oh, and to clarify, I don't live in any remote area or a place of no Bibles. I'm in the north-east of England.

Food for thought. :wub:

Edited by Luke

If there were faith in supernatural in United States, we would see marvelous outpourings here. Fact is most Christians believe in very little. They do not believe in Demons, exorcism, or manifestation of Satanic power. They also do not believe in Healings, deliverance, or manifestation of Gods power.

It's so true, it makes me so angry!

In a righteous way of course. :wub:

Guest jckduboise
My comments were based on mass healings as described in the article. I also have a problem with the peddlers of miracles who announce services where they promise that people will be healed in great numbers and prophetic messages will be given. That sure sounds like they plan to operate even if the Lord doesn't.

Amen to that

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

My comments were based on mass healings as described in the article. I also have a problem with the peddlers of miracles who announce services where they promise that people will be healed in great numbers and prophetic messages will be given. That sure sounds like they plan to operate even if the Lord doesn't.

Amen to that

In James, we are instructed to "lay hands on the sick and they WILL recover." God promised us here that he would "show up." It is our job to lay hands on the sick. A pre-planned meeting is an excellent place to lay hands and let God demonstrate his power through our obedience and faith. If you do not have faith God will manifest, you are wasting your time praying for the sick.

Now He did not do many mighty works there because of their unbelief.Matthew 13:58 NKJV...This was said of Jesus. Forgive me for insisting on context but the James passage you mention instructs elders of the church who would know the spiritual condition of the petitioner that is why there is a reference to confession and repentance tied to the annointing.with the oil. Which by the way meant take your medicine and pray. We can also conclude with good argument this is also a reference related to suffering emanating frm persecution.

Mark 16: 18

They will be able to handle snakes with safety, and if they drink anything poisonous, it won't hurt them. They will be able to place their hands on the sick and heal them.

I don't believe in the healing ministry as a rule, but perhaps God may do healings in areas where there are no Bibles for people to read. In some remote areas of India

Well I would just like to add a bit of testimony to this then in the way that I know I am called for healing ministry as God has shown me in a vision and which through the few times in the recent past where I have layed hands on people to be healed and they have been there and then, or even in one case a couple of weeks ago where no contact was needed, just a word in faith and authority of Jesus' name and they were healed.

Oh, and to clarify, I don't live in any remote area or a place of no Bibles. I'm in the north-east of England.

Food for thought. :emot-pray:

Fact is most Christians believe in very little. They do not believe in Demons, exorcism, or manifestation of Satanic power. They also do not believe in Healings, deliverance, or manifestation of Gods power.

It is not due to a lack of faith that I don't believe in healings on command, and signs and wonders. It is simply that I have lived through that whole set of beliefs, and I have seen the hurt and disappointments connected with it; in fact I suffered much loss from the results of it myself. I do not require God to perform healings and show me signs and wonders for me to have faith in Him. He is worthy of my faith and trust.

I still have much love and respect for Pentecostals, but I will never again allow any of you to talk down to me as if you have a 'superior' connection with God. I am not suggesting anyone here is intentionally doing that, but it certainly does happen.

As I suggested earlier, this whole discussion has been turned into a debate on Pentecostalism, and that was never the intention of the topic.

God bless.