• Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Okay, one more time;

"As Christians we should do all we can for those in need.."

All we can - not more.

For those in need - not those who take advantage of generosity.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

:rofl:

Has anyone read the Bible verses I posted at the beginning of this thread? If you read them carefully, you will see the path to your own blessings. Try to read them with an open heart, remember that we are to be 'doers of the Word, not hearers only', as it says in the book of James. And I do agree, however, that we can only do the best we can.

Guest C.D. Light
C.D. Light, you picked a bad day to say this. LOL. I agree with you. I am a bank teller and Fridays I work 11 hours. It is very, VERY hard not to get angry when I cash the many checks of people who are working the system and are perfectly content to let us all support them instead of working for a living like the rest of us. Meanwhile, I am dog tired and wishing I were with my kids and wondering how I will stretch the money this week.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1

I personally try to rely on the Lord to direct me in giving, rather than set my own standards and criteria. Whether it's next door or the other side of the world I don't really care, as long as I know it is the Lord's will and not my own.

Guest C.D. Light
I personally try to rely on the Lord to direct me in giving, rather than set my own standards and criteria. Whether it's next door or the other side of the world I don't really care, as long as I know it is the Lord's will and not my own.

Timothy--Now you're talking!  Above all, it should be as "directed by the Lord" and not of our selves.

(You shoulda said that in the first place, lol.)

cd

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

What is True and Pure Religion?

To help the widow and the orphan.

That should be a top priority for all of us!

In His Love! :thumb:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

My wife and I used to go out on Sunday mornings before the church meeting with a few friends and feed the homeless.  The night before we would scramble around 3 doxen or so eggs, and our friends would cook up a huge vat of grits to bring and heat up the next morning.

We did this for a good 6 months or before my wife and I had to move away from the area.  We lost contact with our friends over time, but for all I know they are still doing it.  In fact, I was just remarking to my wife how much I missed going out there early in the morning and fixing a good hot meal for people on the street.

...probably couldn't do the same thing today, though, now that I think of it.  We'd probably be breaking a dozen or-so laws against cooking in the street without a license, health permit, etc., etc., etc.

Guest jcalkins

Hi everyone,

Here's a brand new way to help the poor and it won't cost you a dime.

Introducing Lifeclicks.com: Where clicks save lives.

Lifeclicks.com is a Web Portal for donating your clicks to charity. Lifeclicks conveniently lists all "click to make a FREE donation" sites in one place.

http://www.lifeclicks.com/cgi-bin/sp/join.cgi?reff=homeless

Visit other charitable sites, click to make a donation for FREE.

Generate visitors for your charitable site while you help the less fortunate. It's all FREE

Lifeclicks.com: Where clicks save lives

Jim Calkins

President

Lifeclicks.com

• Followers:  1

Jim,

I visited the site, and it looks very promising, but nowhere did I see a list of sponsors, methods of distribution, or any $ amounts being donated (per x clicks). Could you elaborate on this a bit?

Guest jcalkins

Tim,

We are not directly responsible for donating items. Our goal is to LIST all the sites that DO donate items when you click on their site's donate buttons. We have a queue of these sites links stored on our site.

Thehungersite.com

freedonation.com

etc

When you sign up for an account, you get a start page URL to use. Each time you use this URL, it takes you to a different donation site in the queue, where you can click the donate button and donate a click to the cause. Some, but not all, tell you how much was donated for your click.

All this can be done while surfing for credits that can be used to receive visitors  to your favorite charitable site. In addition, you receive 10% of the credits your referral's earn surfing down 5 levels

We are a brand new site, not even a week old. I own another Traffic Exchange site called www.iloveclicks.com. My goal is to generate 1,000,000 clicks for hunger through these various sites. I'll need a lot of help to make this goal. :rofl:

Hope I answered all your questions.

Jim

<Tim said>

Jim,

I visited the site, and it looks very promising, but nowhere did I see a list of sponsors, methods of distribution, or any $ amounts being donated (per x clicks). Could you elaborate on this a bit?