IGNORED

is doubt a sin?

>> Hannah <<

Guest jckduboise

The proof is in the faith.

When I did not want to live God gave me life.

When I had no friends God gave me companionship.

When I had no hope God comforted me and gave it to me.

This is not blind religion it is learning faith through the love of God. The bible is a great tool, one of the very best in fact, but learning faith comes through the actions of God showing over and over that He is always reliable, always faithful and never hurts us. These things are what give faith in God, faith that Jesus lives, faith that He will come again.

Again, I meant no disrespect and apologize for my thoughlessness.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/06/1987

gota jammed packed day ahead of me really wana discuss this topic, obviously i started it... will try post reply as soon as i can... hopefully before the day is out...

H xxx

Guest NooPilgrim

Doubt is a sin, but not unforgivable :wub:

I think we tiptoe around the issue a bit because we dont want to upset others "its ok to doubt, we're all human" and its true, we're all human and no-one is oing to tear you down for having doubts. You doubt, I doubt, everyone doubts. Its a sin, but God forgives sin, he loves you, cares for you, wants you to be happy. So dont let your doubts haunt you, realise that they are just that...doubts. God is far greater than doubt and any doubt you have, he can and will overcome. :emot-pray:

If you do not think He exists, then why would you worry about what He thinks?

Honest doubts are not a sin. Thomas doubted and Jesus gave him proof of His resurrection.

Doubt from a sinful, hard, mocking heart and defiant unbelief are sins.

Christianity has evidence, as does the existence of God. There are answers for your questions. Many skeptics have become theists/Christians. Some Christians have gone the other way.

There is a difference between believing in God (theist) and becoming a child of God through the person and work of Christ. Perhaps you have not come to Jesus Christ as Lord God and Savior, so you do not have assurance from the Spirit that you are a child of God.

Do you attend a church? Did you grow in your faith. Have you surrendered your life to Jesus Christ, the God-Man?

Struggles are common in the Christian walk. The biggest sin would be to renounce Christ and return to a godless life.

godrulz im not saying i am adamant that god doesnt exist at all, i meant i am struggle with the matter... i worry what he thinks incase his is real....

unfortunately i feel that "Doubts from a sinful, hard, mocking heart and defiant unbelief" is just what i am at the mo...

yeh i do attend church regularly, i can see signs in my life since baptism where i have grown in my faith...

Im definately not living a totally godless life, but i am struggling to the max to live a godcentred life

i think my biggest struggle in my thoughts is, i am gettin myself in to such a state about what i should and sholudnt be doing, what i need to be doing what i can do, what i cant do for something i cant even be 110% certain about and i know this is where faith comes in, but faith doesnt seem enough for me anymore, i cant be certain therefore i dont feel i can follow

how can i ever walk away from this, i cant be 110% sure he exists. walking away i would also know there was a chance he exists and also i know what will happen to mean if i dont follow...

but am i willing to take the chance of turning my back and renounce christ thats the big question? i dont know yet..

this is how deep my doubts go....

i know you all want me to just believe and get on with it..

but i cant...

1.The state of uncertainty with regard to the truth or reality of anything; undecidedness of belief or opinion.

A feeling of uncertainty as to something. spec. Uncertainty as to the truth of Christianity or some other religious belief or doctrine

2. A matter or point involved in uncertainty; a doubtful question; a difficulty. Obs.

3. Apprehension, dread, fear. Obs.

4. A thing to be dreaded; danger, risk. Obs.

dictionary definitions of doubt.....

its not just hmm im not too sure.... it can be but its not in my case

Edited by >> Hannah <<

Guest jckduboise

Doubt is a sin, but not unforgivable :wub:

I think we tiptoe around the issue a bit because we dont want to upset others "its ok to doubt, we're all human" and its true, we're all human and no-one is oing to tear you down for having doubts. You doubt, I doubt, everyone doubts. Its a sin, but God forgives sin, he loves you, cares for you, wants you to be happy. So dont let your doubts haunt you, realise that they are just that...doubts. God is far greater than doubt and any doubt you have, he can and will overcome. :wub:

I like your attitude bout....but I slightly disagree in that I've always believed...."that which offends concience-is sin".........and to doubt, or investigate for all truth while I'm alive on earth........does not alter my concience. Notwithstanding..........I haven't seemed to waver from the "first concepts" of God...,knowing right well....that it was just that- that (that that that...lol) saved me....and enlightened my eyes in the firstplace.......not the bible....not man....the thought of god alone, when I was most alone. has man helped me....yea....has the bible helped me....yes.....do I have unconciencewise doubts..about how it all goes, according to continual teachings...yes.

Guest jckduboise

I do not agree with those that say that doubt is a sin. I do however believe that what we do with our doubt can turn into sin if we allow it to become a temptation to take actions that are against God's principles.

Doubt is a sin, but not unforgivable :laugh:

I think we tiptoe around the issue a bit because we dont want to upset others "its ok to doubt, we're all human" and its true, we're all human and no-one is oing to tear you down for having doubts. You doubt, I doubt, everyone doubts. Its a sin, but God forgives sin, he loves you, cares for you, wants you to be happy. So dont let your doubts haunt you, realise that they are just that...doubts. God is far greater than doubt and any doubt you have, he can and will overcome. :wub:

dude u make it sound so simple...

so IN YOUR EYES AS A BELIEVER me doubting that god exists is JUST a doubt and the doubt i am having is untrue

i can see why you would call such a doubt just a doubt as u believe the doubt to be incorrect....

how do i work out whether or not this doubt is true or not?

its not like i can give u evidence as to why god doesnt exist...

i just think i think he doesnt anymore...

i cant sway either way..

maybe some people just arent meant to be christians :wub:

Edited by >> Hannah <<

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Hello Hannah

We know that G-d exist by the evidence of the creation itself that is visibly seen with our eyes everyday we live it is all around us. The natural laws to this universe that are not found recorded down in a book or bible is plain to us in the world we live in like what goes up has to come back down it the law of gravity and it is a fact.

Now having this knowledge within our selfs let us know naturally that their has to be without a doubt a Creator of some kind who did it Right. Now you may not know at this point who or what that Creator is but you have only 2 options within this knowledge of creation around us

1. You can continue to reject the existence of there being Creator to all that we see visibly with our eyes within your mind and not retain that knowledge within your mind and never worship him. Or

2. You can let that knowledge of their must be a Creator to all that I see lead you on a quest in search of finding out just who this Creator is that has so created you yourself and that should lead you to a church or to reading your bible in which it is there that you will learn further who this Creator is that you cannot see visibly with your natural eyes but yet is is there. And you will learn futher of what His purpose is for your life.

You can wonder forever and not acknowledge your Creator and refuse to worhip Him as G-d or you can accept your Creator and learn of Him and find your purpose in life you see G-d left the choice up to you and He will not force you to accept Him as your Creator.

Blessings

OC